TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest (Loggins Name)

Airbag/How Am I Driving?

Guest Public Account 3
What's the point of posting under it?

I like receiving complaints.

What so serious about it? Nobody has to show me any respect, just like Marney said

Mods are entitled to no more respect than posters. You are, essentially, janitors. You're here to serve. Nothing more and nothing less. Your opinion means no more than mine.

Modding TSM isn't SERIOUS BUSINESS. You guys take it more seriously than I do. Wow, I close threads and delete posts. I've only deleted like, five posts. Big deal.

And I do more than complain, I argue with people who were surprised that Forbidden Kingdom hit #1. Every forum needs that.

wait...people were suprised by this???

I seriously thought the Gulag would do away with bans. I had a dream. Why not keep all those past and would be bans in the Gulag as a deterrent? Those are the lifers and an example of what not to do. Everyone else gets out with good behavior and a lesson learned; toss them in for good if they prove to be a repeat offender.

Bob would've been a good mod.

We need to discuss our Forum Rules. To what extent do these need to be codified? In the spirit of the Golden Rule, I'd like to distill everything down to "don't be a dumbass, the rest is commentary, now go and post," but there are some disagreements on this. yr thoughts?

I know, I know, it seems silly and annoying, but I really think it's ultimately necessary, especially with a large community that has a number of notable posters airing concerns surrounding possible management bias. Writing up formal rules will save you a lot of time and frustration down the line by circumventing any claims of selective enforcement.

Yes.

"Don't be a dick" or "Don't be a dumbass" is a nice overarching philosophy, but you need to spell out specific things people should not be doing. Then those things need to be applied consistently. If that happens, you'll get some bitching, but it won't be justified bitching.

I've changed my mind about the TNA folder.

I set out to save it...but now it's just a haven for Truthiness to spew anti TNA everything and pro WWE everything.

I give up.

Try to do something good...and someone's always going to f it up.

I'm sure I'll hear from him and people like him (shitty posters) that it's just that his opinion is different...but the fact is that we had a brief run of intellegent conversation going in the folder...and now it's just him making the same post every time.

It's not worth putting the effort in to breed discussion when it's always going to devolve into the same fucking thing.

I got that folder created after only the 4th week of the weekly ppvs when everyone thought that it would go out of business any moment. When Dames started writing reviews for the main site, the folder had a boom period of discussion that it would ride out for a long stretch. I feel we suceeded in bringing interest back to the folder...but in the end it is now just a place where someone goes to get accross their one opinion.

We get it. You don't like TNA. ...and now I don't like the folder.

It kills me that we used to be able to sustain topics when they had only those weekly ppvs that no one bought...and now every thread is the same when they have primetime 2 hour TV, monthly ppv, multiple liscences and house shows.

Since i was the one who asked for time to keep the folder...I'm now asking that you just put it out of its misery. I've pretty much stopped posting in it anyway.

I don't see how I did anything wrong in the TNA folder. I don't think you want a good debate in the folder, you want everybody to praise the company. The problem is, there is nothing to praise. It's laughable that you're bitching like this, when you do the same thing in the WWE folder. The difference is that you clearly nit pick the WWE, you don't give valid points. I'm sure everything I posted in the TNA folder had merit, but from day one I said, you didn't want good conversation in that folder, you just wanted everybody to just wear blinders when it came to TNA. I've brought more conversation in that forum than you have, and I was never an asshole to people, like you try to be with me.

Edit: Also, you're the one who started the WWE/TNA comparison not me.

You should be happy.

You've won.

I was tasked with bringing the folder back from deadsville...and you managed to kill my enthusiasm for that project.

no one has discussions with you. Because you are never wrong. Everything is bad. Creative never does anything right.

Maybe if you pointed out what they did right, bp21 and acted civil. Opposed to just unsuccessfully trying to bait me every time you post you'd get better results. What did I win? Luke-O and Cabbage boy have had discussions with me. It seems that you're angry that they agreed with me, instead of insulting me.

We're not going to get rid of it.

You guys should put each other on ignore. It does wonders.

Well keep my name out of shit. Don't attack me, if you don't want me to defend myself.

New member title.

Quit sniping. What do we need to do next?

The Truthiness

Real TSMer

Group: Whiny Bitches

Member No.: 9,840

Guest Public Account 3

We've talked about it. He's been warned for flaming, so one more time and....

It will no doubt happen in the future!

No that's not happening.

Yeah, I know it's only that faggot Milky talking, but it's not like she'd really cause a problem. Leena is a only a character because it's forced upon her, she is really not that bad if you just leave her alone.

I did go into the mod folder before you guys took my powers, so I saw what was said about her, but... Leena's not pathetic, she just really likes TSM. Hell, so do I.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Milky I value your opinion so you don't have to say "It's only me talking". Leena's had more chances then any poster in TSM's history. She's blown them all. This last time on top of the reason we banned her she wanted to be gone.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Honestly just going by the staff folder they don't even compare. At least so far as I've gone back through the folder.

Well that does factor in Leena creating accounts and not even trying to hide, expecting to get banned within hours...

Y'know, maybe she is pathetic after all.

I dunno, Brody, Banky and Choken may give her number of chances a run for its money...

Banky was only banned once as far as I remember. The infamous 2003 ban that was rescinded after Dames made some shit up about Banky helping him after he deleted all the members or something. Also he was put in Whiny Bitches after he made fun of teke184 ON HIS BIRTHDAY but that only lasted a few hours or so and I think teke got demodded for that so it wasn't much of a banishment. Choken got banned three or four times by my recollection. Brody was banned more than that, but at least three of those were banned concurrently when it was discovered that Arnold Oldschool, Frank Nabbit and Duke the Dog were the same person. Now all three apparently have a free pass from ever being banned, Banky because he's a legend, Choken because he doesn't cause any trouble and Bruiser because he looks like Larry Flynt. Can't say the same for the Leen!

Well that does factor in Leena creating accounts and not even trying to hide, expecting to get banned within hours...

Y'know, maybe she is pathetic after all.

Dude, I like the girl as much as anyone (okay, maybe not as much as you, or Marney, but still), but she's just beyond all human logic at times. Like, she's now apparently left the Pit forever. Reason: she somehow got a look inside the admin folder, where in one of the (multiple) threads about her being a problem, someone made an offhand joke about her being nuts, saying that daddy must've touched her a lot. Well I guess that really happened, since I have no other explanation why she flipped out and hasn't been back.