TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dandy

CTDWAT: TNA Edition

They should just put another guy in the costume. Its not like they're using Kaz's voice in the vingettes or anything. Imapct was pretty good last night, and I'm finally starting to get into the Sting/Joe feud. The last 2 episodes have really helped out that feud a lot.

Abyss got "sent" to some kind of mental hospital to be mentally reformed. So now he doesn't use weapons in fear that the old him will come out.

I hope the old Abyss does come out on PPV because this "I'm afraid to use weapons" pussy character is dragging on.

Just gives a good excuse for him to eventually snap and go batshit on someone with a bardwire baseball bat or something. I saw a little of his interaction with Matt Morgan last night. All it took was Abyss to ask "Did you talk to my therapist?" in a normal voice, and I turned the channel. "Tame" Abyss is pretty lame. Hey, that rhymed!

Foley would be a perfect person to snap back to being Abyss again. Not even in a mentor kinda thing, have Foley just bump into Abyss in a backstage skit or something and Foley just cut a great promo on Abyss bringing Abyss back to using weapons again.

Abyss got "sent" to some kind of mental hospital to be mentally reformed. So now he doesn't use weapons in fear that the old him will come out.

I hope the old Abyss does come out on PPV because this "I'm afraid to use weapons" pussy character is dragging on.

They'll never capture the magic they should've had with Abyss after The Coalition beatdown.

- Former WCW announcer and wrestler Steve "Mongo" McMichael (who was actually a member of the Four Horsemen for awhile) has been added as a special ref for the Four Way Monster's Ball TNA Tag Team Titles match at Bound for Glory. [PWInsider.com]

My God, why?

- Former WCW announcer and wrestler Steve "Mongo" McMichael (who was actually a member of the Four Horsemen for awhile) has been added as a special ref for the Four Way Monster's Ball TNA Tag Team Titles match at Bound for Glory. [PWInsider.com]

My God, why?

BFG is in Chicago. Mongo was part of Da Bears and he's a former known pro wrestler.

Makes sense once you think about it but, when you first hear it, it's like: GEEZ Mongo? That's random as hell.

I never thought Glacier was all that bad actually. Anyway, wasn't Mongo supposed to be in the JJ/Angle match as the enforcer until Foley signed and they put him in that role?

Mongo is back? Great, one step closer to Glacier and the American Males!

2307939559_31a9f75a6d.jpg

Actually, Glacier already made a triumphant return in Chikara Pro

WHAT?!?! AW DAMMIT! I didn't hear anything ABOUT that!

And Glacier wasn't bad, he was awesome. And so where the American Males. They had the gayest promo video in the history of wrestling but how could anyone not like the clap? It was a sad night for me being at the Nitro where Buff joined the NWO and ended the Males. A sad night.

Yeah, he made a two-night return in this year's King of Trios tournament (which I think is going to end up my favorite event of the entire year because it was basically a wrestling geek dream weekend. What other tournament out there would feature guys from Canada, Mexico, Japan, Hawaii, Kaiju Big Battel, and a team consisting of the One Man Gang and Demolition?), where he was the mystery partner of Los Ice Creams in the first round in a losing effort against Team Mexico, and then he was in the four-way the next night. He was kind of limited (his offense was mostly just chops with some other stuff thrown in occasionally), but he was totally into the atmosphere, to the point where he took part in Los Ice Creams' most deadly, dastardly act...

glacier.jpg

He busted out the sprinkles. It was really fun stuff.

And Glacier wasn't bad, he was awesome. And so where the American Males. They had the gayest promo video in the history of wrestling but how could anyone not like the clap? It was a sad night for me being at the Nitro where Buff joined the NWO and ended the Males. A sad night.

Not to mention, the American Males also had the worst ring music EVER! And people thought X-Factor's theme was bad!

I'll put it this way about X Factor's music: As a song on the radio it might be somewhat passable, but as ring music it's as bad as something could ever be. It just killed the heat of any building.

Regarding Glacier, wasn't Rob Van Dam supposed to be his tag partner for that angle vs. Wrath and Mortis in 1997, but RVD didn't sign with WCW and Ernest Miller ended up getting that spot? Glacier/RVD vs. Wrath/Mortis could have been a pretty cool match. That whole storyline is one thing that would have been much better if Russo had booked it.

Pretty decent Jeff Jarrett interview promoting Bound For Glory IV.

Yep, I went to a TNA house show last night. It was at the same venue that hosted Lockdown back in April. Attendance at Lockdown was somewhere around 5,000 or more, and I'd make the (generous) estimate that there were 500 people there last night. It was about the same amount of people I'm accostomed to seeing at ROH shows, so it was kinda sad.

Consequences Creed defeated Petey Williams. Okay-ish match, I got the impression they were just going through the motions and probably have had the exact same match at most house shows. Williams was a sore loser and hit the Canadian Destroyer on Creed after the match.

Super Eric and Shark Boy beat The Rock n' Rave Infection. Good comedy match, the kids in the building loved it.

Awesome Kong beat Roxxi. This was very short, with Roxxi getting in just enough offense to lift this from being a flat-out squash.

AJ Styles defeated Sheik Abdul Bashir in a non-title match. This got plenty of time, and was what I would describe as "pretty good." Lots of USA chants, as to be expected.

Intermission - Jeremy Borash announces a "big surprise" for everyone in the building for after the main event.

Abyss beat Kute Kip. Really boring match.

Robert Roode and James Storm beat Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin to retain the TNA tag titles. Match of the night, with lots of comedic antics from Storm. This got a fair amount of time as well.

TNA World Champion Samoa Joe beat Booker T to retain the title. Decent main event, both guys looked good in this one. Booker kept getting on the microphone during the match to complain when things weren't going his way. Joe made Booker tap out to a rear naked choke. I was satisfied.

The "big surprise" turned out to be all the wrestlers coming back to the ring for an autograph signing session. Fans could pay $20 to have their picture taken in the ring with Samoa Joe and AJ Styles. We ended up heading out, as it was complete chaos with the 500 people all surrounding the ring.

So yeah, I had fun, though the show was nothing to brag about. I know it was a house show, but I think it's troubling that the decrease in attendance from April was so huge. I was expecting maybe 2-3 thousand people this time. I hope this doesn't turn TNA off from coming back to Lowell anymore, as I was hoping they would turn it into a regular stomping ground.

I'm just wondering, could Braden Walker be on Wrestlecrap someday, or does it not fit the criteria?

He wasn't really a bad gimmick. He just had a shitty name and phoned in his matches while being out of shape.

Braden Walker is a great footnote in the history of the wrestling business. One year prior to falling on his face on ECW this man FLAT OUT had a MOTYC in TNA against James Storm.

The Death Match at Sacrifice 2007 isn't just good....it's a better match than most men, on either roster, will ever have.

He's a fascinating failure.

Braden Walker is a great footnote in the history of the wrestling business. One year prior to falling on his face on ECW this man FLAT OUT had a MOTYC in TNA against James Storm.

The Death Match at Sacrifice 2007 isn't just good....it's a better match than most men, on either roster, will ever have.

This.

That was the best match the company has ever produced.

This.

That was the best match the company has ever produced.

There was a match that Joe and AJ had in December 05 that I loved the shit out of...

BUT...for PURE FUCKING HATRED between competitors I agree. Storm/Harris Sacrifice 07 is must see wrestling for everyone.

Their PG-13 version of the match on Impact later that month was a really good match too.

Yeah, that match at Sacrifice was awesome. That's what made me so mad about that Lockdown fiasco a few months earlier. If these guys just went out there and had a normal match, it can be great, instead of doing blindfold shit. Then at Sacrifice, we found out just how good it can be. Those might be the only guys in wrestling who had a "match of the year" candidate, and a "worst match of the year" candidate in the same year.

TNA are doofus' for not doing more with Shelley. His comments mocking Matt Bentley, Chris Harris and Degrassi Juniour High in the space of 12 minutes is a stroke of genius.

Yeah, he made a two-night return in this year's King of Trios tournament (which I think is going to end up my favorite event of the entire year because it was basically a wrestling geek dream weekend. What other tournament out there would feature guys from Canada, Mexico, Japan, Hawaii, Kaiju Big Battel, and a team consisting of the One Man Gang and Demolition?), where he was the mystery partner of Los Ice Creams in the first round in a losing effort against Team Mexico, and then he was in the four-way the next night. He was kind of limited (his offense was mostly just chops with some other stuff thrown in occasionally), but he was totally into the atmosphere, to the point where he took part in Los Ice Creams' most deadly, dastardly act...

glacier.jpg

He busted out the sprinkles. It was really fun stuff.

I was at the two nights at KOT featuring Glacier, and he was ridiculously over. It was insane.

Is there really any reason why TNA is burying the Machine Guns for? It seems like one day, I just read that TNA is upset with them, and they will be depushed.

The rumor I heard was that they pissed Dutch Mantell off by refusing to blade in that six man tag they had with Jay Lethal versus Team 3D (long story short, it conflicted with something they learned in their training-don't blade unless it really matters), so that's why they were booked to be knocked out early and have been depushed ever since. Coincidentally, this was around the time I rapidly started losing interest in TNA. Alex Shelley's awesome.

They seemed to be out of the doghouse for the X Cup where they were winning consistently. I suppose you can theorize that beating non-TNA wrestlers was somehow insignificant to the punishment TNA was giving but it seemed like it had ended. Since then they've been losing but its clearly at least got a point as they're telling the story of MCMG's heel turn and presumably a role in this big "RESPECT" war judging from Tenay's commentary of it this past week. Its gone on for AWHILE but honestly, a story beging dragged out much longer than it seemed to need be isn't really an isolated thing for TNA, especially over the last few months.

And yeah, the story was that TNA was upset that the Guns would refuse to blade in the blowoff with a feud with Team 3D. The idea seemed to be "You were chosen to feud with the Dudleyz and go over them. You didn't expect to bleed?" So instead they were basically written out of the blowoff match they won and Lethal took the full stage.