TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

Uwe Boll will stop making bad movies if..

Uwe Boll seems like the type of guy that gets off of any form of attention that acknowledges what he's doing. It feels like he's daring people to stroke his ego.

Guest Smues

He wouldn't stop if this got 10 million signatures, it's just an ego stroking afair. And besides there probably aren't a million people who have seen any of his movies.

Did they ever fix that German tax shelter law Boll used that turned investments in unprofitable movies into a tax deduction?

They supposedly did, but Boll still has a bunch of movies in various stages of production anyway.

Do remember that this is the same guy who literally beat the shit out of several of his harshest critics. I think this petition is just a cover for Boll collecting the names of everyone who hates him, so that he can travel around the world and personally get vengeance Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back stylez.

As to whether I think he should stop making movies? Meh. Anytime I'm in the mood to watch something wretchedly modern-Manos bad, any given Boll flick fits that bill perfectly. And it's not like he's pulling a Paul W.S. Anderson and wrecking the GOOD game franchises, who really cares if Bloodrayne or Postal have their descendents humiliated unto the seventh generation because they got Bolled?

Seriously...how does someone make House of the Dead and find ANY work after that?

Because House of the Dead was FUCKING AWESOME?

It's my favorite "so horrible it's a great comedy" movie to come out in the last 10 years.

I own it on DVD. And I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Seriously...how does someone make House of the Dead and find ANY work after that?

Because House of the Dead was FUCKING AWESOME?

It's my favorite "so horrible it's a great comedy" movie to come out in the last 10 years.

I own it on DVD. And I'm not ashamed to admit it.

I understand that "so bad it's good" works to some extent, but on a very small scale

On some level I have a use for most Boll movies in the so bad they're good vein, but the only one I truly thought was one of the worst pieces of crap ever was Alone in the Dark.

Did they ever fix that German tax shelter law Boll used that turned investments in unprofitable movies into a tax deduction?

Yes and no; they revised it to block out international companies exploiting it, but Boll's exploitation of it is still hunky dorey.

I just took a look at the petition. It's up to over 117,000 people. The funny thing is most of the people don't even use their real names. They use names like "Smallpox is better than Uwe Boll." People like that are really stupid. Are you afraid that he's going to come after you if you use your real name. It's pathetic. I hope he continues to make movies even if this reaches 1 million people just to piss them off even more! He is my new hero, fuck the haters!

Uwe Boll is hilarious. He makes movies only for the money and tax breaks. Also, he blames EVERYONE else for his shitty movies. If it's not the distributer, it's the video game creator not cross promoting the movie. Also, if you don't like his movies he'll fight you, but only if you are someone he knows he can beat up.

Boll is pretty hilarious. I don't really know if it's all an act, or if he really thinks he's a genius.

Here's a video of what he has to say about the petition:

Heeling It Up

"The only genius in the whole fucking business"

If he was truly a genius he wouldnt be making movies like Postal.

Who could find that funny? Really?

I think Id like to send him an email and see if he'll make "Concentration Camp Movie".

One of these days...just one of these days....Uwe Boll will make a movie that will blow us all away with how awesome it is. Just you watch!

Give him SAILOR MOON. Bunch of barely legal teen girls in sailor suits running around with a dude in a mask who throws flowers? Shoot, how could that NOT be awesome???

I wonder what his take on the Mario Brothers movie would've been... Hmmm

That might have been the only time in history where Boll might make a movie where you would go, "Well, at least it wasn't as bad as the original."

See? Why can't Hollywood remake those movies? The ones that NEED to be redone?

See? Why can't Hollywood remake those movies? The ones that NEED to be redone?

Careful with that statement. I remember Siskel & Ebert once going on about how Hollywood should be remaking bad movies instead of good ones. The movie in question was a shitty French comedy called Little Indian, Big City. Which WAS remade into the shitty Tim Allen flick Jungle 2 Jungle. During their reviews of the remake, they never quite got around to mentioning the fact that they literally demanded that this movie be made.

Although I think it would be interesting for a seriously talented filmmaker to take a legendary bad film and see if they could keep the basic plot intact yet turn it into a good movie. Like Darren Aronofsky's Manos: The Hands of Fate or Alfonso Cuaron's Plan 9 From Outer Space.