TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tominator89

The Saints of Los Angeles

I'm not a huge fan or anything, but I'm glad one of these bands making a comeback is doing the same thing people liked them for in the first place instead of trying to 'update' their sound.

All it took was a big divorce for Nikki Sixx to finally try to put out the album the fans actually wanted to hear. That sounds pretty good, hopefully the rest of the album is of at least similar quality.

I'm not a huge fan or anything, but I'm glad one of these bands making a comeback is doing the same thing people liked them for in the first place instead of trying to 'update' their sound.

This.

I did really like the Crue when I was 13, and now I just find them kind of annoying. But this is a lot better than the last time they tried to go back to the hair metal sound in 2000, since they're trying to sound like they did on Shout at the Devil rather than Girls, Girls, Girls. And it's also better than that post-grunge ballad they did a few years back when they first reunited.

The new album's produced by James Michael who sings in Sixx: AM and has been writing with Nikki for a while now. I thought for sure they'd be using Bob Rock since he did the new tracks on Red White and Crue and obviously isn't busy with Metallica anymore, but they decided to go another direction as well.

Good. The less work for Bob Rock the better. I think an argument could easily be made that he ruined one of the greatest bands of the last 25 years (Metallica).

I don't have anything to really contribute here other than a guy who works as a manager at the Wrentham Hot Topic Outlet looks just like Nikki Sixx. He kept talking to me earlier tonight when I went there to find a Danzig shirt about working with Thy Will Be Done (local band, pretty dece, getting a good amount of press now thanks to tours with Killswitch Engage and whatever piece of shit Jamey Josta's fronting now), so I think we know a lot of the same people in the local scene (well, he knows a lot of the same people the singer for my band does, but hey).

It's not bad. I was expecting something revolutionary based on the reactions, but it has a pretty generic sound.

Anyway, the song is be available for the game Rock Band today.