TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE Raw (4/14/2008)

Umaga's big weakness: ringposts.

I mean, I don't think I've seen a match where he lost when he DIDN'T hit his head on the ringpost.

:lol:

Another damn fine match. Raw has been pretty good tonight.

Oh, and also, I still think this match should have happened shortly after WrestleMania 21.

I agree. All I could think of tonight was the backstage promo between the two, just hours before they both lost their championships.

Seems like Kennedy is still busy with his motion picture as well.

I enjoyed Raw and the special emphasis they put on the matches - both title matches got the special intros, Mickie James' win was a big deal, Santino cut a promo to put over the importance of being #1 contenders for the tag belts rather than just having JR say "hey they're the new #1 contenders! Here's Mike Adamle to talk with William Regal about something else!", Regal was in deep training to wrestle Orton. Good stuff.

I am getting rather tired of Umaga hitting his head on the ring post in every single match he loses, though.

Raw was decent enough tonight. Notice that they did a token title change once again overseas so that the crowd could see something semi notable (last year Santino debuted and beat Umaga). I would expect Beth Phoenix to regain at Backlash, if that match is signed.

I honestly have no idea who is going to win the KOTR next week, but then I'm not 100% on who all is in it.

It was good to see Regal get serious offence against Orton.

It's great to hear KOTR is back.

I'm leaving for the SD/ECW tapings in a couple of hours.

I thought the show was top notch last night. Of course then I read that Stephanie has really decreased her booking role for the time being and Hayes is basically writing Raw and SD! these days.

The only segment that didn't work for me in any way was Burchill vs Duggan. That's really it. The HBK/Jericho promo was very good, all the backstage segments went somewhere and wasn't just fluff humor, the matches were all very solid at worst, I really liked Regal vs Orton. It's too bad Kendrick/London's split push was derailed because Cade and Murdoch are splitting and you could only have one team split at a time I guess.

Has Kennedy been on TV since WM?

He came out with the other wrestlers for Flair's tribute but since WM and I believe a couple weeks prior to WM, he hasn't appeared on Raw aside from a taped promo.

RAW RATING = BAD NEWS FOR WWE

by Dave Scherer

Last night's edition of Raw did a 3.2 (rounded UP from a 3.18) cable rating. The show did hours of 3.11 and 3.25. I don't feel the need to comment because in this case, the number speaks for itself. A 3.2 is a 3.2.

It's worth noting that the Raw rating is usually a .3 or so off the real number, because a decent amount of people don't watch Raw live, and so their viewership doesn't make it into that rating; case in point being that the 2/25 Raw did a 3.47 live rating but when you added in the number of people who watched it within a week via DVR the rating was a 3.79.

But this all comes from websites and newsletters, and they can never be trusted, so take all this with a grain of salt.

Does anybody have the actual name of that head drop suplex that Regal did on Orton?

It looked like a Reverse Fishermans Suplex if that helps?

On FPR, it's called a Leg Lock Suplex Hold, except Regal didn't try to pin Orton with it.

So, first time I've watched Raw in a while, but, has Mickie James had her implants removed?

I was actually thinking the same thing Monday night. If so, then good for her.

Does anybody have the actual name of that head drop suplex that Regal did on Orton?

It looked like a Reverse Fishermans Suplex if that helps?

On FPR, it's called a Leg Lock Suplex Hold, except Regal didn't try to pin Orton with it.

I'm pretty sure Danielson did the pinning variation in New Japan. I actively remember him beating Tiger Mask IV with it.