TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

ECW on Sci-Fi (4/15/2008)

Though the job by Miz and Morrison is obvious, still wrestling the world champions of two brands and well known main eventers has got to be a definite highligh for both guys.

Though the job by Miz and Morrison is obvious, still wrestling the world champions of two brands and well known main eventers has got to be a definite highligh for both guys.

And doing well against them too.

Great counter by Morrison to Undertaker's leg drop on the outside. Don't think I've ever seen it blocked.

Both Miz and Morrison got far more offense than I expected, and both looked good, considering they were going against the ECW and World champions.

Adamle's random commentary aside, good episode of ECW.

From what I heard Adamle isn't all that bad. I'd take him over Cole and Coach at this point. That said, I don't get the Styles demotion. In fact last week I pondered why they keep that crappy SD team as it is, and that maybe they should switch announce teams with ECW and have Styles and Taz do it.

I have to ask this question about Colin Delaney: Are we supposed to be behind this guy? I assume so, but he's simply a jobber. Armando Estrada doesn't even come off like a heel GM to me in this case, since he's given Delaney several chances to get a contract and Colin gets his ass kicked every time. Why is it a guy with no contract is on TV every week anyway? Is Estrada just bringing him in per night for his own amusement?

When was this show taped? If it was earlier today like Raw was yesterday, then I don't think they really had much time to clean up the audio like they would for Smackdown, which airs three days later. Adamle was decent, but Tazz needs to slow down and let Adamle get a word in edgewise. Tazz seemed like he was trying really hard to carry the broadcast while Adamle got comfortable, and it was a little much. Tazz was doing play-by-play AND analysis at times, leaving Adamle with little to say. I think they'll mesh over time, though.

If you don't use a either an active or passive pop-up blocker in 2008, you don't deserve to be warned.

Wade Keller's PWTorch review is funny.

Adamle said, after Tazz explained the rules of Money in the Bank, "Conceivably, if he has a great performance tonight, he could cash it in tonight." Okay, he's 0-1 at making any sense. Why would he need to have a "great performance" to cash in? It's a total non sequitur said by someone who's faking it and doesn't understand the product.

Adamle said Kofi's "reputation preceded him here" because he got a great ovation. Huh? That makes no sense. Not even a little bit.

very time Adamle says a wrestler's name, you get the sense he pauses for a split second to be sure he's getting it right, if not looking down at a picture card with their name written underneath.

On the first cover of the match, the kickout had already happened before Adamle's commentary caught up to even calling "a cover!"

He hot-tagged Kofi who hit Deuce with two big dropkicks, which Adamle called a "leg kick." Hey, that's a natural mistake to make if you've barely watched pro wrestling before getting the job as lead announcer on a national TV show.

-It gets worse. This almost has to be a practical joke. Adamle just threw to his broadcast partner, "The Tazz." Wow. Just wow.

Adamle said he talked to Knox earlier about his strategy for facing Dreamer. He said he told him he's going to be methodical and put him away early. Even that is contradictory. I mean, it's like he's scripted to be the biggest idiot who ever spoke into a microphone.

They cut to Tazz and Adamle at ringside. Adamle, with glasses on, was reading from a piece of paper and said, "You talk about destruction, WW (sic) tag team champions, Mike the Miz and John Morrison have the dubious distinction of taking on Kane and Undertaker." He said he's not so sure if that won't be a mismatch. He threw to a promo with Morrison and Miz. Seriously, was Adamle suffering effects from some medication he's been prescribed? He just didn't seem to have a normal adult level of competence when speaking and observing things in front of him. This is one of the most ridiculous things I've witnessed in pro wrestling in 30 years. He's just that bad.

Regarding Morrison, Adamle said: "You know, you have a tendency to look at this guy and say he's built like Tarzan, but he probably hits like Jane, unless you've seen him in the ring, because then it's a different story." What?! Where did that come from? Who has a tendency to say he looks like Jane who hasn't seen him in the ring? That just makes no sense.

Taker gave Morrison a boot to the face. Adamle called it "a knee to the chest." Tazz corrected him by saying, "The flat boot to the face of Morrison." Miz chop blocked him from behind and applied a leglock. Adamle called it a figure-four. Tazz said, "Not really. It's more of a leg bar."

One thing I will defend Adamle on is calling The Miz "Mike the Miz." That isn't actually an incorrect name. As far as all of this stuff, I might actually have to watch ECW next week to see and hear Adamle suck.

I loved Adamle calling the Miz Micheal. "Reach for the tag, Michael!"

Adamle said Kofi's "reputation preceded him here" because he got a great ovation. Huh? That makes no sense. Not even a little bit.

Regarding Morrison, Adamle said: "You know, you have a tendency to look at this guy and say he's built like Tarzan, but he probably hits like Jane, unless you've seen him in the ring, because then it's a different story." What?! Where did that come from? Who has a tendency to say he looks like Jane who hasn't seen him in the ring? That just makes no sense.

I didn't really like Adamle, and some of Keller's comments are valid, but these two suck. It was Kofi's first time in England, he got a nice pop, Adamle more or less said the live British audience has been watching Kofi on TV.

As for the Tarzan/Jane, line he just said that Morrison a wussy, pretty boy, but doesn't wrestle like one.

I really liked that Adamle put over Jimmy Wang Yang for staying alive despite taking a beating for the bulk of the match, thats a good point that I havn't heard mentioned on a wrestling show before.

I think Mike will find his feet soon enough.