TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

ECW on Sci-Fi (4/15/2008)

For the first time ever in the Land of the Extreme, ECW Champion Kane and World Heavyweight Champion Undertaker will unite.

The Brothers of Destruction had big nights at WrestleMania XXIV as each won gold. But, bitter about losing their respective titles, Chavo Guerrero and Edge are determined to exact their revenge and return to championship status. They have combined their efforts and enlisted the help of Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder and recently, the best bodyguard money can buy - Bam Neely - to the mix.

Will a bruising bodyguard be able to protect not only himself, but also Chavo Guerrero from the combined forces of the Big Red Machine and The Deadman? What kind of destruction will the brothers of gold create on ECW?

After a loss to Tommy Dreamer last week, Colin Delaney still does not have a coveted ECW contract. But the youngster is persistent and won’t shy away from his goal. Will Delaney ever be able to earn a legitimate spot on the ECW roster?

Also on Tuesday night, Kofi Kingston’s winning streak continued as he was victorious over Domino. It seems no one can stop the Jamaican Superstar, who has been taking care of all the trouble that’s come to the Land of the Extreme. Will anyone be able to wipe the grin off Kingston’s face or will he continue to dominate the ECW ring?

Find out the answers to these questions and more on next week's ECW on Sci Fi, Tuesday at 10/9 CT.

Bam Neely? Terrible. Like with Kenny Dykstra, they've ripped off another former sports star's name.

Also, the preview has been updated to name Miz and Morrison as Kane and Taker's opponents.

Edge and Chavo could come out and cost them the match. That's what should happen anyway...

Could, should, probably won't. The Brothers of Destruction generally don't job as a collective unit.

From PWI:

It was just announced at today's Smackdown/ECW Taping in London, England that Mike Adamle is the new announcer for ECW. He is set to call tonight's entire broadcast.

The word going around backstage at the show is that Joey Styles will be moved to another area within the company

That seems a bit odd.

From PWI:

It was just announced at today's Smackdown/ECW Taping in London, England that Mike Adamle is the new announcer for ECW. He is set to call tonight's entire broadcast.

The word going around backstage at the show is that Joey Styles will be moved to another area within the company

That seems a bit odd.

yea thats a very odd move, guess you could say they are trying to get rid of everything that has any resemblence to the original ECW and leave it in ECW in name only, maybe I am a bit slow to say that

Styles has always been vastly overrated but the notion that they'd rather move him from the table then Cole whom hasn't improved a bit since he started in 1999 is insane. Taz/Adamle seems like a really strange pair. It just seems they would have someone in the back in the form of a non-active wrestler or agent that would be better suited for the table then Cole, Coach and possibly Adamle.

I thought Adamle was horrid live - was that just for the interview segments? Can he call a live event?

Styles probably called the moves by their proper names too much. I guess he could have asked out, maybe taken off the road and based out of Ct or whatever. Wwe has lost it's two best commentators over the last few months now - first JBL and now Styles.

Styles over-ratedness comes from the combination that the wwe forces him to call their way and the fact that he's faking any passion calls. It's probably not rewarding enough to want to be on the road anymore. I believe he gave up a pretty solid job when the wwe came calling, and had to be talked into taking the wwe offer.

I wonder if Styles could heel it up. He has an annoying enough voice to play a heel announcer. If so, get rid of Coach now.

I thought Adamle was horrid live - was that just for the interview segments? Can he call a live event?

Styles probably called the moves by their proper names too much. I guess he could have asked out, maybe taken off the road and based out of Ct or whatever. Wwe has lost it's two best commentators over the last few months now - first JBL and now Styles.

For all his faults and obvious notes of decline, Ross is still much better then Styles in calling a big match. King, when he isn't playing to his gimmick can still show signs of the great commentator he was Styles has never been comfortable in WWE and that was the biggest concern when he came in. It's not to say he is worse then Cole because he isn't.

Adamle has obviously done commentary before but not live wrestling commentary. If Styles asked to be moved out, they would have placed Grisham for the moment, putting Adamle in suggests they were looking to see what he could do. Styles would be more beneficial to the company by doing studio stuff for 24/7 and DVD releases.

We should have this moved to a separate thread since this discussion isn't pertinent to the intended thread topic.

For all his faults and obvious notes of decline, Ross is still much better then Styles in calling a big match. King, when he isn't playing to his gimmick can still show signs of the great commentator he was Styles has never been comfortable in WWE and that was the biggest concern when he came in. It's not to say he is worse then Cole because he isn't.

Adamle has obviously done commentary before but not live wrestling commentary. If Styles asked to be moved out, they would have placed Grisham for the moment, putting Adamle in suggests they were looking to see what he could do. Styles would be more beneficial to the company by doing studio stuff for 24/7 and DVD releases.

We should have this moved to a separate thread since this discussion isn't pertinent to the intended thread topic.

Styles would've been just fine on RAW if not for Coach. Styles and King made a great two-man team on RAW.

To say Cole hasn't improved since 1999 is wrong. He's much better than he was back then. He needs someone to play off of though. Cole and Tazz were a great team, and when JBL wasn't blabbing about THE LIGHTS ON BRIGHT they did just fine together. Cole and Coach are terrible.

Styles would've been just fine on RAW if not for Coach. Styles and King made a great two-man team on RAW.

To say Cole hasn't improved since 1999 is wrong. He's much better than he was back then. He needs someone to play off of though. Cole and Tazz were a great team, and when JBL wasn't blabbing about THE LIGHTS ON BRIGHT they did just fine together. Cole and Coach are terrible.

Thank you Barron, I have been saying that for the longest. Cole is far from bad, especially when you take in consideration Mike Tenay has a job.

Isn't it possible that Styles merely didn't make the trip to England and they had to stick somebody in as a filler?

Oh no! The in-the-know wrestling websites report differently! So they must be right!!! (sarcasim)

Isn't it possible that Styles merely didn't make the trip to England and they had to stick somebody in as a filler?

Oh no! The in-the-know wrestling websites report differently! So they must be right!!! (sarcasim)

He has made the previous trips to Europe

I agree with the others that Styles is not bad. I think most people who say that don't even watch Smackdown on a consistent basis, or just remember his seemingly hopeless days filling in on RAW after Jim Ross had his Bell's Palsy relapse.

WWE.com...is not, a promotion.

Not to mention, from what we've seen, Adamle sucks. Hopefully he's not as horrible this.

Look...he just said "You'll have some very big shoes to fill."

I could tolerate Michael Cole for awhile now, especially when he's matched up with JBL and Tazz... It's just him and Coach have no chemistry. Coach is better suited for a GM or Manger type role.

I love how Deuce randomly yells out 'Deuce' when he's on the apron.

Edit - Did they announce why Styles was leaving on the show? Or did they just send him on a road to nowhere to the non-internet fan?