TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs 2008 - Round 1

Detroit can't hit shit right now and keeps fouling the 76ers.

There's 9:30 left in this game, but I'm about ready to call this for the 6ers... especially if Rip Hamilton or other big-name Pistons foul out. (Rip has 5 fouls already.)

I'm just glad the Pistons got their ring in '04, cuz they're not winning anymore championships playing this way. At this rate, they may not even play in anymore ECF's. Game 1 it was Rip, this time, it's Chauncey and 'Sheed doing their disappearing acts. And yes Precious Roy, Flip Saunders is horrible.

Fuck Erick Dampier. What a fucking bitch.

EDIT: Thaddeus turned out to be okay, just a bloody nose. McDyess had the broken nose.

Fuck Erick Dampier. What a fucking bitch.

EDIT: Thaddeus turned out to be okay, just a bloody nose. McDyess had the broken nose.

Dampier's cheap foul was insult to injury...

IMHO, the refs were MUCH more likely to call fouls on the Hornets when a Mav hit the floor than vice-versa.

All it takes is an extra foul on CP3 or Chandler here to send them to the bench or depriving them of 2 shots at the line there to make a difference in the game.

I'm loving the Suns getting pistol whipped and booed at home tonight. If both they and the Pistons go out in the 1st round I'll be ecstatic.

Man Shaq really destroyed the Suns. They were flying high before the trade and then this big fat weight jumped on the plane and took it into a nosedive.

HEY!! They called the flagrant on Shaq.

He is arguing be cause they never call it. But yes Shaq, you have to make a play on the ball.

I good number of these shots aren't even open. much like Jeff Van Gundy said, once guys get a rhythm, it just doesn't matter what you do anymore.

For now, I'd say so. Duncan scored like 40 in Game 1. Parker scored his CAREER HIGH 41 tonight. So you'd think Duncan is the current king of the Spurs, but I can see Parker taking over that spot in the next few years.

I think he's still their most valuable because the Spurs would be horrible if he missed a long stretch of a season, but when it comes to being their best player I'd say that you could make an argument for either Parker or Ginobili being better this year. But they could survive if Parker or Manu got hurt for a while, without Duncan they're just horrid on the front line, there's no need to defend the big on the pick and roll and Parker or Manu would get doubled on almost every possession. They'd be a defensive version of the Nuggets or Warriors trying to win by having the backcourt put up 60 which just doesn't happen consistently in the playoffs.

Duncan is the anchor of everything they do on both offense and defense. I mean, even tonight when he was absolutely lighting it up, most of the openings for Parker's shots came from the two man game with TD.

The Spurs are kicking ass so far, you think they want to get that back to back title monkey off their back? It looks like the Suns took their best shot in game one. They still might win a game or two, I would hope they can at least manage a win at home before marching back to San Antonio for their execution, but there's no way they're winning this series now.

This loss doesn't hurt cause they played like shit. Why the hell did D'antoni keep Shaq in the game?

That took me like a Bernie Mac episode to type out on PSP.

Hopefully they get swept. I want those fuckers to feel the pain.

Why do you hate them so much? Because they eliminated the Lakers two years in a row? With the way the Spurs are going I wouldn't want them face them in the playoffs.

Why do you hate them so much? Because they eliminated the Lakers two years in a row?

More because they have Shaq, but that too. I'm not one of those people who pretends like I never liked Shaq, but once he came back out West, well, I won't have anything good to say about him until he goes back East or retires. Any former Laker who plays/played for a rival is the enemy. Except Robert Horry. Derek Fisher too. I think that's it.

I'd rather play the Spurs than the Suns. They're easier to defend, not only that, but Tim Duncan is nowhere near as explosive as Amare. It'll be easier for Gasol to stay in front of Duncan, and with Trevor Ariza back, Kobe won't have to focus on guarding Ginobili. That would be a good thing. Plus, some of our guys have beaten them in the playoffs before, and our coach really knows how to get it done against them. Of course, that's assuming the Spurs get past the Hornets or the Mavericks.

Guest Vitamin X

Robert Horry is awesome. The laziest clutch player in NBA history. All the glory minus all the work that goes into it!

Well I said that LA would sweep Denver and they appear to be well on their way to do that. I thought maybe Denver could steal one, but after seeing them play in games 1 and 2 it was obvious they had nothing.

Win or Lose at least the Hawks are putting up a fight, unlike some Western Conference teams

If the Suns gets swept I'm sure you could have made a ton of money betting that Atlanta would win more games in this postseason than Phoenix.

This loss doesn't hurt cause they played like shit.

That doesn't make any sense.

If you bust your ass and lose by a point or so, like the first game, that hurts. Why would I lose sleep over a blowout?