TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs 2008 - Round 1

Anyway, the Magic are kicking some ass here. I didn't realize they were that good. Turkoglu is pretty good.

They're not. How often can a team shoot THAT good from the 3pt line? In fact, they just tied an NBA playoff record for 3 pointers in half. When the 3 pointers stopped going in, the Raptors cut a 24 point deficit to 13 in about 5 minutes.

EDIT: 5 point game now. Don't count the Raptors out yet.

They will lose this one, but Orlando isn't THAT good.

They aren't going to hit 9 threes in a quarter again. That was just too tough.

They will lose this one, but Orlando isn't THAT good.

They aren't going to hit 9 threes in a quarter again. That was just too tough.

Exactly. I still stand by my prediction of the Raptors winning the series. They came back from a 24 point deficit with Bosh in foul trouble and Ford/Calderon being a combined 4/22. They fell short but they know they can hang with the Magic and, as you said, the Magic cannot shoot that good every game.

I love Chris Bosh, but the Raptors are one or two players away from making any serious noise in the playoffs. The Magic are going to take care of them.

Oh I think that Orlando is going to win the series, but I think its silly to think they are that good and the Raptors are that bad when one team hit 9 threes in one quarter.

This is going to be a better series than that.

And speaking of better series than what people thought, this nuggets team is not a roll over team. Although this whole zone defense gimmick is only going to work for so long, I have always said that the zone is the best defense against the triangle.

I wonder how many people realize that the Nuggets defesnse is partially so bad because of what a horrible defensive player Marcus Camby is.

I know I will catch hell for that, but seriously, he can block shots, but he makes no rotations, on the ball he is horrid...he is just really really bad defensively.

Come off on that. They cut down the lead, yes, but Orlando went on a run to end the game anyways. They won by 14 after all.

Considering Bosh sat out most of the 2nd half, Ford/Calderon did NOTHING and the Magic shot 3's insanely good in the first half (something that won't happen regularily), the Magic winning by 14 is expected. All those factors going for Orlando will not happen every game. I'm not saying the Raptors are winning the NBA title or having any chance in round 2 but I am confident they will beat Orlando.

Come off on that. They cut down the lead, yes, but Orlando went on a run to end the game anyways. They won by 14 after all.

Considering Bosh sat out most of the 2nd half, Ford/Calderon did NOTHING and the Magic shot 3's insanely good in the first half (something that won't happen regularily), the Magic winning by 14 is expected. All those factors going for Orlando will not happen every game. I'm not saying the Raptors are winning the NBA title or having any chance in round 2 but I am confident they will beat Orlando.

It's not going to happen. Hate to burst your bubble, but Orlando has showed they can work a perimeter game (and I know it won't always work that well, but it can) and an inside game with Howard. I'm starting to think Chris Bosh turns into putty in the postseason. He gets soft all of sudden once the heat is turned up. It happened last year. It'll happen this year against Howard/Lewis.

Oh and Rip, are you watching the same game? The Lakers are winning by 16, even though Kobe Bryant hasn't really got into a shooting rhythm. This is mostly Gasol here. Someone said Camby is a bad defender. Well if that's true, that'd explain why Gasol is just going all off on the Nuggets.

I see that the "we can turn it on whenever we want to" Pistons didn't take too long to get overconfident in an early round game.

The Nuggets have no shot. Just watch what happens when Kobe actually shoots the ball well.

Any team that gets torched by Luke Walton is a pile of shit defensively. How do you let the guy go 6 of 8? It's not like the Nuggets use another big off the bench to play defense, so yeah, done.

I see that the "we can turn it on whenever we want to" Pistons didn't take too long to get overconfident in an early round game.

So it seems

Also the Laker game showed why Kobe isn't the MVP. The Lakers are better because everyone else got better by themselves.

Great job Detroit (I mean, Reggie Evans? Seriously?).

I guess the Pistons are gonna make like the Red Wings and get in a longer 1st-round series than I had hoped for.

Mike Woodson is such a horrible coach. If any of you were wondering, he subs by minutes...regardless of what is going on when the time comes. Marvin Williams makes a jumper, gets to the freethrow line when no one is getting any offense going...But he gets subbed at the 7 minute mark regardless.

Josh Smith makes his block/bucket combo....so he pulls him for Zaza because its time.

Fucking horrid.

Mike Woodson is such a horrible coach. If any of you were wondering, he subs by minutes...regardless of what is going on when the time comes. Marvin Williams makes a jumper, gets to the freethrow line when no one is getting any offense going...But he gets subbed at the 7 minute mark regardless.

Josh Smith makes his block/bucket combo....so he pulls him for Zaza because its time.

Fucking horrid.

Just short of them beating the Celtics in this series, which would be a Tyson-Douglas kind of upset, he's getting canned.

The Hawks really are a team that seemed to play below their talent level all year. They should have been fighting for the 4 or 5 seed, not sliding into the playoffs as an 8.

The Hawks really are a team that seemed to play below their talent level all year. They should have been fighting for the 4 or 5 seed, not sliding into the playoffs as an 8.

Hard to play to their talent when they're being yanked out for inferior players, just because Woodson says so.

I definitely called Pistons-76'ers being a tight matchup...hell at this point maybe I should have taken 76'ers in 7, not the Pistons. Detroit just plays too lethargic for me.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3356713

Apparently Skiles is going to be the next coach of the Bucks...and that may be the exact type of coach that team needs. Of course, they also need a new owner/GM...but at least this is the type of guy who might make them play with more discipline/consistency.

Guest blame that goot.

Well, that sucks. I like Skiles a ton, but Milwaukee is an NBA black hole. It sucks and sucks and nothing escapes.

Milwaukee's the worst type of bad team. They're not a laughably bad team with a ton of media attention (Knicks) or a bad team with a superstar (Heat). The Bucks are just plain bad and largely irrelevant. Even one of my friends who's a Bucks fan admits as much.

Guest blame that goot.
There's your fuckin' Oklahoma City relocation candidate.

Ramon Sessions!!!! (seriously, he did play like a god the last couple of weeks)

The Hawks are just so frustrating and its not because of the team. Yeah, they are a flawed team and are young. Thats fine. Their second best(sometimes best player) is 22. Marvin Williams is 21, Al Horford is 21. great young corp.

The problem is that they are coached by a retard. Fun facts about last night. They didn't run ONE play for Al Horford in the second half. every point he scored in the second half was off rebounds. Not one pick and rolll, not one feature on the block.

Mike Bibby was 0-infinity and his refusal to pull him. he was horrible defensively and offensively. Acie Law, Salim Stoudmire...I don't care. If a guy isn't working, then switch him out.

Zaza Pachulia is worthless in ever sense of the word. Pull Josh Smith for him after his biggest play early in the game because it was "time" was ridiculous. The guy has no understanding of momentum.

One game this year against Indiana, the Hawks went on a 9-0 run...then Mike woodson called a timeout...HE stopped the freaking run for the other team.

Against Golden State, Mike Bibby was 0-10 I believe, but the Hawks were still up clinging to a small lead. Salim stoudimire comes in and scores 10 straight points for the Hawks...So woodson pulls him when nelson called the timeout to stop the run. I repeat, the guys last play was a 3 point shot, Nelson calls a timeout to cool him off and Woodson PULLS him from the game for a cold, HURT Mike Bibby in the game.

People around the league think its understandble for him to have lost so many games because of how young his team is, and they are right. A good coach would have some losing seasons. But Woodson makes roughly 2 dozen laughably bad mistakes that a coach just shouldn't be making.

Manu Ginobli won the 6th Man award in a walk... He got all but one of the 1st place votes.

Last year's winner, Leandro Barbosa of the Suns, came in second.

And kill the goodwill of OKC? Good idea! With the Hornets, they had Chris Paul. With the Sonics they have Kevin Durant. With the Bucks they have.... Michael Redd?

Yeah with a new market you need something exciting to draw the people in. The moving vans would be pulling up in 5 years if the Bucks came to OKC.

Several outlets are talking about the LA fans' chants of "D-U-I" at Carmelo Anthony during Game 1 over the weekend.

Team executive Jeanie Buss apparently was apparently in shock over it.

I'm just wondering what the exact chant the Denver fans will come back with in Game 3.

"Kobe raped me" seems to be a natural.

Nuggets fans would've done that anyway.

It's all in good fun, so I don't see anything wrong with it.