TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boon

The NBA Offseason Thread

I really don't think they're that bad. People outside of OKC want this team to fail so they're going to hate it no matter what. The uniforms and the color scheme aren't bad at all. However, the logo is fucking hideous.

Guest Vitamin X

It's just really unimaginative, boring and it doesn't look like it belongs in the NBA.

... Just like Oklahoma City! (just kidding, Dama, it's not THAT bad speaking as someone who's been there- better than most of fucking Texas, I'll give you guys that much)

I really don't think they're that bad. People outside of OKC want this team to fail so they're going to hate it no matter what. The uniforms and the color scheme aren't bad at all. However, the logo is fucking hideous.

I actually want the team to do well, but I can't with a name like Thunder, and knock-off Knicks unis. They aren't horrid, but they are doing the worst possible combination of everything to garner any sort of support outside of Oklahoma.

It's like they _want_ to be the Clippers.

The home ones aren't that bad, even if they aren't very original.

The road ones would look better if it just had 'OKC' rather than the whole city name crammed in there.

Guest Vitamin X

Which is fucking BULLSHIT, considering Portland is the only team in the "Northwest" Division actually playing in the Northwest and the Pacific Time Zone, for that matter. Every other team is in the Mountain (Utah, Denver) or Central (OKC, Minnesota).

Which is fucking BULLSHIT, considering Portland is the only team in the "Northwest" Division actually playing in the Northwest and the Pacific Time Zone, for that matter. Every other team is in the Mountain (Utah, Denver) or Central (OKC, Minnesota).

How would you realign it? Or is it just the name that bugs you?

I did always find the whole division alignment for NBA a bit weird. The names of the divisions and who are in each.

Guest Vitamin X

Portland to the Pacific, Phoenix to the Southwest, Dallas to the old "Northwest" (now Central?) division.

One of the bigger problems is Memphis also doesn't really belong in the Western Conference, but I'm having a difficult time finding somewhere to squeeze them in, in the East. But this gets something fixed up at least.

Portland to the Pacific, Phoenix to the Southwest, Dallas to the old "Northwest" (now Central?) division.

There's already a Central division, but they could bring back the old Midwest name. I like it.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, there you go.

Portland lost the natural rivalry with Seattle anyways, but we love to hate on Californians here, so it would be fantastic. Everyone in the same time zone, big rivalries with the Lakers, get to beat up on the Warriors and Clippers for a while.

Like I said, the Southwest gets a little weird with Memphis being there and all, but I guess that's not THAT far from New Orleans/Houston. Phoenix is the only one playing out of time zone there, but I always thought of them as "Southwest", you know?

At least Arizona doesn't participate in Daylight Savings Time, so they would be in Central Time Zone from about April on.

I actually want the team to do well, but I can't with a name like Thunder, and knock-off Knicks unis. They aren't horrid, but they are doing the worst possible combination of everything to garner any sort of support outside of Oklahoma.

You know, the name is now worse than the Miami Heat.

I'll assume you meant to say no worse, and reply with:

But the Heat name is horrible, too. And the Magic. And the Jazz. And any other name that's not a plural of something, and/or isn't even a thing.

I'll assume you meant to say no worse, and reply with:

But the Heat name is horrible, too. And the Magic. And the Jazz. And any other name that's not a plural of something, and/or isn't even a thing.

Yeah no worse, that's what I meant. I was typing too fast.

The point is, those names sucked but as the years went by people either became a fan of the team or not and really began to forget any objection to the name. I'm pretty sure the same thing will happen here.

I don't have too big of an objection to the name "Thunder." It's not great, but the biggest problem to me is the generic/bad logo and unis. The Heat have a flaming basketball and red unis, the Magic are in the town of Disney World and have a bunch stars and shit in their logo, and the Jazz used to have mardi gras colors and a music note in the logo. While you can easily argue against any of those concepts for a pro sports franchise, at least they have a coherent theme.

I will spot you that the Jazz are really lame now that they've gone with the generic blue unis.

The unis will change within five to seven years to something more acceptable to you guys.

You know, I don't dislike the name Thunder. In fact, I like it. Magic, Heat, and the (now ill-fitting) Jazz, too. I don't see why the name has to be plural. I get that it's a team of 12 people, but fuck.

That being said, those are some horrible uniforms.

Ben Gordon signed the Bulls qualifying offer. He'll be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season.

Well that's good I guess. See where he fits in the new lineup with Rose/Hinrich/Deng/Nocioni/etc. If he performs well, give him a good deal next year, if not, let him walk.

You know, I don't dislike the name Thunder. In fact, I like it. Magic, Heat, and the (now ill-fitting) Jazz, too. I don't see why the name has to be plural. I get that it's a team of 12 people, but fuck.

That being said, those are some horrible uniforms.

The name doesn't bother me. Its just infuriating that with all that lead time, they couldn't come up with a better logo or uniform design.

So there's a rumored Jamaal Tinsley for Chucky Atkins and Steven Hunter trade. It would be a salary dump for Indy, and I guess Denver would be looking to pair him up with AI.