TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atticus Chaos

Mick Foley offered commentating job on smackdown

Please baby please baby baby baby pleeeease.

...on the other hand, do I really want poor Mick to have to put up with Cole for two hours every week?

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0

Good on Foley if this works out for him. This is the sort of involvement he should have in the WWE that will get him his desired attention and keep him from getting on fans' nerves too much... if he's good as a commentator, anyway. I'm guessing he would be, since he has a personality for the color side and knows wrestling.

Foley was horrid calling the original ONS. Just retire JBL again for crying out loud - he's so much more valuable in the booth then in the ring. Of course JBL wants to wrestle and could simply quit if they tried to force him out of the ring.

Of course Foley could really grow into the role as he was one of the best mic men of his time and has a knack for storytelling. His ONS performance was a one-off occasion and he probably shouldn't be judged on it. Hell even that ONS performance would be an improvement over Cole and Coach. Coach is a PBP guy, the CC should be a former wrestler IMO.

I'd be all for Coach heading to ECW to replace Adamle or even dare I say a three man booth.

Coach as a PBP guy on ECW probably wouldn't be that bad. I'd still prefer Matthews, but I'll take what I can get.

Foley as comentator would certainly limit down his random apperances. Which is a good thing.

I can't really remember ONS1 so my memories of him on commentary are vague. But I'm sure he'd do OK. Anything at this point is better than Coach.

Why not just put Taz back with Cole and get him off the dreck known as ECW? Does it really matter that much that he's on there, since they keep trying to rid themselves of the original ECW guys anyway? If he and Cole have some personal issue, Vince should tell them to make up and be pros.

Personally I would just put Taz and Styles on Smackdown, fire Cole entirely, and keep Coach and Adamle on ECW for shits and giggles.

The only issue I have with Foley is that he tends to reference himself and his career way too much. I remember being annoyed during ONS..."I remember when i teamed with this guy at the ECW Arena". If he limits that and puts the effort onto putting over the current guys or mixes it well like JBL, he will be A-OK and a huge upgrade.

The only issue I have with Foley is that he tends to reference himself and his career way too much. I remember being annoyed during ONS..."I remember when i teamed with this guy at the ECW Arena". If he limits that and puts the effort onto putting over the current guys or mixes it well like JBL, he will be A-OK and a huge upgrade.

That's the same issue JBL had when he was announcing with Cole (Talked about the APA too much and used the same cliches every week like "Smells like smoke because he's been through fire"), but at least JBL was able to carry him.

In theory I'm hoping Punk moves to more of a real show and gets off ECW. But really, WWE has to make some sort of announcing move. You can't have multiple shows where the wrestlers do guest mic work and bury the announcers cause they suck.

How can you honestly use that show as a critique? That show was all about ECW memories. I seriously doubt Foley would constantly pine about his battles with the Undertaker other than a simple "I've been in the ring with him and he's..." stuff to pump him up.

WWE.Com has announced that Mick Foley has accepted the position to become Smackdown's color commentator and will begin his duties tonight at Backlash.

Has there been any word about what they will do with Coach? Personally, I feel if they must retain him and keep away from the broadcast table at all costs, perhaps he should replace Estrada as the ECW GM and that could allow Estrada to return as a manager where he is better suited. Logically, given Coach's experience of being assistant to McMahon, Regal, and Bischoff as well as running Raw on many occasions, he would be quite qualified for the duty of ECW General Manager.

It just never makes since to put someone who thinks they suck and doesn't like the job... and to keep putting him back into that role like they do with Coach as a commentator.

Coach is fine as an incompetent stooge, shit... he's actually over in that role.

Might as well make Coach the Raw GM. Not much is being done with that role these days, especially since William Regal is reportedly about to get pushed and thus will wrestle more.

Might as well make Coach the Raw GM. Not much is being done with that role these days, especially since William Regal is reportedly about to get pushed and thus will wrestle more.

I agree this is how they should explain the move. Regal is KotR and a full time wrestler, so Raw needed a GM. I don't mind Coach as a PBP guy, but he's not a color commentator. Or you could just keep him off television until they get fed up with Adamle (or Adamle quits).

I agree this is how they should explain the move. Regal is KotR and a full time wrestler, so Raw needed a GM. I don't mind Coach as a PBP guy, but he's not a color commentator. Or you could just keep him off television until they get fed up with Adamle (or Adamle quits).

Adamle's not qutting and they aren't going to shitcan him either. Adamle's not going to piss away a $300,000 salary and likewise WWE won't pay that for someone to sit at home.

I'd honestly prefer Foley and Coach than Foley and Cole. I used to think Cole was ok, better than people gave him credit for, but now he's just been in the same chair for way too long and he literally says nothing new.