TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs 2008 - Conference Semifinals

King James proved why he's the real MVP.

I wouldn't go that far. That Paul and Kobe guy are still going too.

I don't see Pau Gasol or David West on the Cavs.

44 years and counting for Cleveland sports. LeBron couldn't have done more for that team.

Do the Celtics have any black fans other than Randy Moss? The Garden looked like 20,000 clones of the PC from the Mac commercials. Annnnnnddddddd fuck Boston fans.

I'm guessing the Browns will lose to the Patriots in the divisional round of the playoffs this coming year just to complete the cycle.

Vince Wilfork was sitting next to Randy Moss. Those were the only two. Haven't you heard Barry Bonds? Boston's racist.

Now on to the ECF. If I go with my heart it says Celtics. I want them to win so bad.

But, if I go with my head it says Pistons. Then again I've been saying Pistons all year out of the East.

If Boston does lose gamne 1 or 2 at home then it's safe to say they are toast. Ray Allen needs to show up for the Celts to have a shot of winning this series. As it stands now the backcourt is a huge mismatch in favor of Detroit.

If Boston does lose gamne 1 or 2 at home then it's safe to say they are toast. Ray Allen needs to show up for the Celts to have a shot of winning this series. As it stands now the backcourt is a huge mismatch in favor of Detroit.

Yeah if they can't win in Atlanta or Cleveland then it's about safe to say Detroit would be untouchable.

Ray Allen still didn't show up today, luckily Pierce decided he wanted to be the man.

I'm going to go with Detroit in 6, with a few very tough games. I have a hard time seeing Pierce have very many of these sorts of games he had tonight, wasnt he averaging something ridiculously low in the playoffs thus far? Pistons best chance is to steal Game 1 by bringing the energy to a tired(?) Celtics squad. I don't think anyone should take it for granted they're (Boston) gonna lose in Detroit though... i mean, the road woes have to end at some point... but if Detroit goes down 0-2, have a hard time seeing them win the series.

I think it will be fun to see a detroit that has something to prove and for the first time(in their own eyes at least) in years. They want people to know that they are better than the Celtics so I think you are going to see a completely focused team here.

Something I think is worth noting: In the Pistons' past 5 conference finals, they're 0-3 when they have home court advantage, and 2-0 when the other team has it.

My gut feeling is that there will be some road wins in the Detroit-Boston series. I'm pretty much expecting Detroit to take game 1 in Boston, if any team can come out flat it's them, but they should have a chip on their shoulder about being the first team to win in Boston. For the Celtics, they've had to expend a ton of energy so far, they're obviously going to be super amped up after that game 7 and the crowd is going to be nuts, but Detroit can definitely wear them down over the course of the game. Bench play is going to be a big key for Boston, and I think Ray Allen is hurting pretty bad and they're not talking about it, his ankles or something, because he's just not moving well at all. He's going to chase Rip Hamilton all over the court? I don't think so. Tony Allen should be getting serious run in game 1.

As for the game 7, I've seen Pierce have some ridiculous performances before, but given the magnitude of that game that has to be the best he's ever played. And what I loved about it was that he wasn't just scoring, he was leading his team on both ends, diving for loose balls, hustling on defense, it was awesome to see, especially after he'd played pretty good defense against LeBron most of the series and just hadn't had that "Paul Pierce game" where he's just unguardable and hitting all kinds of ridiculous contested shots. Awesome, awesome stuff, and LeBron has nothing to hang his head over, he just desperately needs a Pippen.

Well, I became a Paul Pierce fan today. Great game. Sad to see LeBron going home, but he'll be back. Cleveland needs to do something dramatic if they hope to keep LeBron, there. The way I see it, the clock is ticking on his time there, they need to seize the opportunity. Of course it's easy to say that and hard to do it... I guess we'll see.

The midseason "that's our big trade?" trade of washed-up role players didn't really pan out. Imagine how different this team would look now if the whole Boozer free agency debacle had ended with him staying in Cleveland. He probably wouldn't have had the chance to become quite the focal point he is in Utah, but he would easily be a consistent 18/10 guy and the best guy on the team not named LeBron.

Man, it should be illegal for Reggie Miller to commentate any big game, let alone a Game 7 in the playoffs.

Man, it should be illegal for Reggie Miller to commentate any big game, let alone a Game 7 in the playoffs.

Seriously, he brings a real "Summer League" feeling to every game he works.

A part of me hopes that New Orleans comes back to win this. I like playing teams with no bench and Peja Stojakovic.

Well thats it. We got Spurs/Lakers.

I got to tell ya, if the Lakers win that I will be plenty impressed. I just see way to many mismatches for the Spurs there.

Have you guys seen Peja Stojakovic? I was pretty sure he was on this team.

Oh bah, he is a jumpshooter. He had just as many good games as Duncan did in this series.

Guest Vitamin X

I think I'm going to be sick, and I have to say I'm pretty glad that I haven't seen too much of these playoffs. Actually, barely anything. Spurs/Pistons II, here we come!

Oh bah, he is a jumpshooter. He had just as many good games as Duncan did in this series.

He averaged like 6 points or some shit from games 3-6, and he sucked ass today. Duncan sucked ass too. Everyone sucked ass today. The Hornets just sucked major ass for most of the game. Except Pargo. He played to win.

Guest Desensitized

Remember when everyone was talking about how with all the 50-win teams, this would be one of the greatest postseasons ever? Well...?

Didn't you know? Stojakovic doesn't show up for Game Sevens.

Yes, I'm still bitter, why do you ask?