TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs 2008 - Conference Semifinals

Boston is the most deplorable team in this year's field. L.A. is second. Anyone other than them is fine.

Lebron James is the most unlikeable player in this year's field. Anyone other than him is fine.

Seriously, everywhere I turn I see that guy. And, I have to basically watch any game involving him on mute or else I'm driven up the wall by the verbal BJ's for the most routine plays.

Part of me is rooting for a Cavs win just so I can hope that the Pistons get mad as hell over what happened last year and just ravage them in 4 games. I'm not a Pistons fan by any means but I picked them to win the Eastern Conference once the brackets were announced so....yea.

I think the Pistons should handle either of these teams. Boston will have played the maximum 14 games going into that series, should they win game 7, including three times since Detroit last played. And they're a fairly old team, at least their core unit. IMO, they're going to run out of gas soon, and Detroit is well-rested and running on all cylinders.

Please. You MUST be that dumb. LeBron wasn't trying to draw a charge. He went for the steal and Pierce threw himself into it. Therefore it's a charge.

What cost the Celtics is their sucky ass play. Not the officials. You won't get calls shooting jumpshots.

Oh, hey, I didn't realize I was talking to Ripper from a few days ago. We get it. The Celtics are a jumpshooting team, therefore they won't get to the line as much as the Cavs, homecourt or not. That was proven in game 5 in Boston when the Cavs shot 41 freethrows to the Celtics' 23. I'm not talking about trends. I'm bitching about two plays- Lebron's flop and the Joe Smith walk. As I said, those weren't the only reasons the Celtics lost, but apparently your ignorance prevails.

The Pistons must be licking their chops.

So he's unlikeable because other people like him?

I hate hearing about him ALL the time. I'm tired of having him shoved down my throat anytime I watch anything sports or NBA-related. I'm tired of people trying to claim he's better than Jordan (guess what? Jordan never lost a finals let alone get swept!)

It has nothing to do with other people liking him. People like Chris Paul, I like Chris Paul.

I've been told Lebron James is the best player in the NBA since he was in HS. I'm tired of it. I react badly when someone is crammed down my throat.

What the hell are you guys bitching about. he got the ball stripped and jumped into lebron like a moron. If nothing else that was a lose ball foul. The walk, yeah, but that was a good call.

Jordan also never got to the finals at the age of what, 22? I don't see Scottie Pippen playing for the Cavs either.

As I said, those weren't the only reasons the Celtics lost, but apparently your ignorance prevails.

Saying the Celtics are a jump shooting team is ignorant?

The fact is that LeBron has exceeded anyone's expectations. The guy is, what, 23? LeBron is going to obliterate records in this league. I know from personal experience that you can learn to live with things being shoved down your throat, so I know that you can eventually learn to love LeBron. You'd better, if you want to continue to watch NBA basketball.

Boston is the most deplorable team in this year's field. L.A. is second.

What? This is the most likable team the Lakers have fielded in ages. They play up-tempo, exciting basketball and don't have any really hatable players other than Sasha. They're actually like the second or third least deplorable team still in it.

So he's unlikeable because other people like him?

I hate hearing about him ALL the time. I'm tired of having him shoved down my throat anytime I watch anything sports or NBA-related. I'm tired of people trying to claim he's better than Jordan (guess what? Jordan never lost a finals let alone get swept!)

It has nothing to do with other people liking him. People like Chris Paul, I like Chris Paul.

I've been told Lebron James is the best player in the NBA since he was in HS. I'm tired of it. I react badly when someone is crammed down my throat.

You dislike him because he is arguably the best player in the world. In case you didn't notice, when someoen is the best at what they do, they are usually talked abotu alot.

The throat cramming of the Celtics have been just as big since people handed them the title the day after the trade was made. Boston 3 party, did you guys wear the same thing to work, watching the hoosiers on the bus...they are in just as many commercials as Lebron is right now. The problem people are pointing out your irrational over the top hatred is that you are being hypcoritcal with it.

There is nothing wrong with disliking a player, but there is a line when you are a little...insane. You crossed that line. And seeing as you don't dislike the guy because of him, but more because he is a talked about player, thats hardly enough reason to go to insane hate level.

At worse, you have to admit you are kinda extreme dude.

What the hell are you guys bitching about. he got the ball stripped and jumped into lebron like a moron. If nothing else that was a lose ball foul. The walk, yeah, but that was a good call.

Are you kidding? Lebron ran right into him. Pierce beat Lebron to the spot. The strip happened after Lebron initiated contact (maybe simultaneously, but it didn't look that way). Pierce tried to embellish it at the end, but the contact was clearly initiated by Lebron. I ran it back on my PVR just to be sure.

LeBron went for the steal, stripped the ball, and as soon as that happened Pierce jumped into him to draw the foul. He didn't get the call, obviously.

Boston is the most deplorable team in this year's field. L.A. is second.

What? This is the most likable team the Lakers have fielded in ages. They play up-tempo, exciting basketball and don't have any really hatable players other than Sasha. They're actually like the second or third least deplorable team still in it.

Yeah, I am a Suns fan(thus having plenty of my championship dreams dashed by Magic) and I have to say, there isn't anything deplorable about this team, unless you are like me and still think Kobe is a rapist. And since most of you don't think so, i don't see how anyone can find this Laker team deplorable.

The fact is that LeBron has exceeded anyone's expectations. The guy is, what, 23? LeBron is going to obliterate records in this league. I know from personal experience that you can learn to live with things being shoved down your throat, so I know that you can eventually learn to love LeBron. You'd better, if you want to continue to watch NBA basketball.

Well, I'll watch it but I don't have to like it when he's in there. I can root against him, like I'm doing now.

As for the Lakers, yeah they've actually become kind of likeable. And this is coming from a historic hardcore Laker hater. Maybe 909 was right, maybe Shaq was the problem!

Because the last few seasons without him I haven't actively hated the Lakers, just not cared. This season I kind of got turned off of the Suns after they got Shaq. I thought it was because they weren't as exciting, but maybe it was fat boy.

Then again I still don't like Luke Walton.........

Are you kidding? Lebron ran right into him. Pierce beat Lebron to the spot. The strip happened after Lebron initiated contact (maybe simultaneously, but it didn't look that way). Pierce tried to embellish it at the end, but the contact was clearly initiated by Lebron. I ran it back on my PVR just to be sure.

Then perhaps you need to rewind it again. What in gods name are you looking at.

The strip was CLEAN. Paul jumped in. Lebron was the embellisher there. If lebrong initiated the contact then how the hell did Pierce fly TOWARDS him. So you are saying that Lebron bumped him and Pierce went FORWARD?

There are all kinds of problems with those physics.

I don't know. Why should I hate the Lakers?

They're from Los Angeles. You don't need another reason. If you do, keep in mind that Kobe is a rapist and Phil Jackson is some sort of fraud that needs great players to win. I would never have considered Shaq a reason to hate this team. Shaq, as far as I can tell, is one of the nicest guys in sports. Kobe is a lot easier to hate.

And I don't know if I have mentioned it or not, but if I somehow arranged a deal where if I killed one of you I could fuck Candace Parker for a specified amount of time....

Just saying...if I show up at your door, just take one for the team and think of the greater good...

They're from Los Angeles. You don't need another reason. If you do, keep in mind that Kobe is a rapist and Phil Jackson is some sort of fraud that needs great players to win. I would never have considered Shaq a reason to hate this team. Shaq, as far as I can tell, is one of the nicest guys in sports. Kobe is a lot easier to hate.

Shaq is a fucking asshole that got traded and took shots at his former teammates in Miami and took shots at the trainers that spent years trying to get his fat ass in shape and keep him upright. Fuck Shaq.

I've always been a big fan of Pau Gasol's game, and since the trade happened I'm glad the world is really getting a chance to see how good he is.

I don't know. Why should I hate the Lakers?

The Big Friendly vs. The Guy Who Wanted Off This Team Nine Months Ago...

Then again, I'm a natural Laker hater.

And I don't know if I have mentioned it or not, but if I somehow arranged a deal where if I killed one of you I could fuck Candace Parker for a specified amount of time....

Just saying...if I show up at your door, just take one for the team and think of the greater good...

What about Candace Bergen instead?

I can't believe she's engaged to Shelden Williams. I mean, really?

Pierce flopped like a bitch. He deserved the call against him.

The problem with the physics is how Pierce can be called for a charge while Lebron is blocking him while his feet are moving sideways. Clearly we're all seeing what we want to see, except for the walk which we seemingly all agree on but was somehow "a good call." The fact of the matter is this has been an ugly series by players, coaches and officials alike. Playing like this, neither of these teams are going to beat Detroit, let alone anyone from the west.