TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs 2008 - Conference Semifinals

See, I just don't think he plays beautiful transcendent basketball.

You know who does though? Chris Paul. I wish the Hornets were staying in OKC and we weren't getting the Sonics.

Everyone claims Lebron is the most fun to watch. I've never found that to be the case. I used to think Nash was the most fun to watch in the NBA, but now I really think it's Paul. I wish he received some insane amount of hype, I might actually be able to get behind him for it.

See, I just don't think he plays beautiful transcendent basketball.

You know who does though? Chris Paul. I wish the Hornets were staying in OKC and we weren't getting the Sonics.

Everyone claims Lebron is the most fun to watch. I've never found that to be the case. I used to think Nash was the most fun to watch in the NBA, but now I really think it's Paul. I wish he received some insane amount of hype, I might actually be able to get behind him for it.

He's starting to get it now that he's made a playoff run.

If he and David West close out the Spurs in the next two games, expect a lot of Kobe-Paul or Deron-Paul stories going into the Western Conference finals and a lot of hype going into next year.

Pistons close out the Magic, as they should have. I think Philly woke them up. Dwight Howard needs to develop even more as a center as he was exposed in this series. I just have that my #2 team got manhandled as they did, even if its by my #1 team.

Tayshaun is just a sick individual when it comes to making these timely blocks.

Everything else seems to be going as I thought it would. Its a tired cliche, but I don't see anything to suggest that none of the remaining teams are going to lose on their home floor. That means the Lakers, Celtics and Hornets advance in 7.

Watching the Celtics and the Cavs beating the hell out of each other makes me very happy.

Whatever happens between the Celtics and Cavs, I'm now leaning towards Detroit advancing to the Finals. They should be able to handle Cleveland, and I think they're the team that can beat Boston in the Garden.

I have no interest in seeing Detroit/Cleveland again, so I hope the Celts win (I don't think they will) so that I get a new matchup...and probably better matchup.

Out west, I think that Lakers/Hornets would be a better series, so I want LA to win(not sure they will though).

You have just got to love slow motion Kevin Garnett beating his chest and calling the crowd "fucking faggots" as the outro to the commercial.

That is my highlight of the playoffs noWii

Also, they just made the comment that it was a good substitution to put Rondo back in for Cassell. Without pointing out that putting Sam I Am in the game is killing the Celtics.

I like the officiating in this game. Both teams are getting the shit knocked out of them but they are letting them play.

The Cavs have stopped being as physical for no reason whatsoever. The refs aren't calling it, but only the Celtics have kept it up.

Thats just DUMB.

Yay the Celtics pulled their heads out of their asses. But, the way this game started worries me for a Game 7 or a late 4th-Q Lebron surge.

I like the officiating in this game. Both teams are getting the shit knocked out of them but they are letting them play.

Heh. Minutes after turning on the game, I see Paul Pierce perform a Manu-level flop & draw an offensive foul on LeBron.

Yeah there have been some bad calls but for the most part its been the beat the shit out of each other show with the Cavs taking the second half off.

Missed freethrows lost this game for the Cavs. 13 missed freethrows....

There have been like 8 fouls that would have been called flagrants any other night, but tonight they let them play basketball. I love it.

Nice to see the Celtics able to come back from being down. Wish they had gotten to the line sooner than the last two minutes, but a win is a win.

Most definitely that was the Cavs giving the Celtics the game rather than the Celtics taking it from them. Its almost as if the Celtics don't want to advance. I think they're tired. The Hawks took them to seven games, the Cavs will probably take them to seven, and then they have to face a rested Detroit team if they don't gag in game seven.

I have a feeling the Lakers are going to lose this quarter and then game 6 as well.

The calls are startign to get to "Fuck you Utah" level here though.

Can't call touches on one end not not call hacks on the other here refs.

For the most part, this has been one of the better officiated playoffs I can remember though. despite teh shittacular job done in the Utah/Houston series, and some fucking over of the Hornets some games against the spurs (although they have been the games the Hornets won oddly) its been pretty good.

The calls are startign to get to "Fuck you Utah" level here though. .

I agree. I'm not one to criticize officiating but Utah is getting none of the calls down the stretch here. I'm practically yelling @ my TV after some of them. I think the only person that might be more angrier than I am is Jerry Sloan.

This is a very painful loss to take. We had our chances (such as Okur's three pointer to tie from his favorite 3 pt. spot on the floor) but giving up those offensive rebounds to LA down the stretch really doomed us (with Odom and Gasol's second chance pts. to boot). I'm still angry at how LA was picking up touch fouls at the end and we couldn't get a foul call when three guys are mauling Boozer and company in the post but that's no excuse. This was a game that Utah could have won and we let our chances slip away. I'm confident we can take this to 7 though and roll the dice there.

Utah didn't get many of the calls down the stretch, but at the same time, Gasol was getting hacked all game and only took four shots from the stripe.

Anyway, Utah got a ridiculous amount of calls in their favor during Game 4. Things even out in the end. Utah picked up the most fouls in the league this season, so it isn't like they're playing two hand touch and getting whistled.

I didn't get to see the majority of the 4th Quarter since my cable feed has been cutting in and out for the last 30 minutes or so, but I did see Gasol get away with a push off on the bucket that sealed the deal. That kind of play just reminds me of the fact that you should always force the refs to make a call down the stretch because 9 times out of 10 they won't.

It's safe to say that the remaining three series will go to 7 and ultimately be won by the teams with home court advantage. We're at, what, 19-1 for home teams this round?

The calls are startign to get to "Fuck you Utah" level here though. .

I agree. I'm not one to criticize officiating but Utah is getting none of the calls down the stretch here. I'm practically yelling @ my TV after some of them. I think the only person that might be more angrier than I am is Jerry Sloan.

That's pretty likely due to his send-off as he was leaving the court.

I hope there were poor calls going on tonight, otherwise it seemed like Shandon Anderson was out there missing so many lay-ups in the sequel to 1997 NBA Finals Game 6. :ph34r:

Great game, and I would be shocked if all three remaining series do not go seven.