TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs 2008 - Conference Semifinals

Get behind is one thing, byt you were rooting for the guy to get injured because ESPN was hyping him, when they have been hyping the Celtics even more.

There's no way Cleveland should lose this series. It took LeBron going 2-18 missing easy shots on the road, and they still barely won.

It was a titanic battle since both teams were ice cold and the scoreboard moved upward like an iceberg?

Yeah, that's all I got. Ray Allen is worrying me right now; he's something like 3 for 764 in the playoffs so far.

So the Celtics should be worried because Lebron played terrible, but the Cavs shouldn't be worried because Ray Allen and Paul Pierce played terrible?

What happens if all three of them are on including Garnett and Big Z?

It works both ways.

I agree more with Legler who said this was the Cavs best chance to win a game in Boston since the Celtics were playing so bad on offense and Pierce and Allen were just horrible.

Here's the scoring for the MVP award (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, total)

Kobe Bryant, LA Lakers ---------------------------- 82 32 10 2 0 = 1100

Chris Paul, New Orleans ----------------------------- 28 64 32 2 0 = 894

Kevin Garnett, Boston ------------------------------ 15 23 56 26 1 = 670

LeBron James, Cleveland ----------------------------- 1 7 28 77 8 = 438

Dwight Howard, Orlando --------------------------------- 0 0 0 7 39 = 60

Amare Stoudemire, Phoenix ----------------------------- 0 0 0 3 18 = 27

Tim Duncan, San Antonio -------------------------------- 0 0 0 2 19 = 25

Tracy McGrady, Houston --------------------------------- 0 0 0 2 13 = 19

Steve Nash, Phoenix --------------------------------------- 0 0 0 4 6 = 18

Manu Ginobili, San Antonio --------------------------------- 0 0 0 0 9 = 9

Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas ---------------------------------------- 0 0 0 0 5 = 5

Deron Williams, Utah ---------------------------------------- 0 0 0 0 4 = 4

Carmelo Anthony, Denver ---------------------------------- 0 0 0 1 0 = 3

Paul Pierce, Boston ------------------------------------------ 0 0 0 0 1 = 1

Rasheed Wallace, Detroit ----------------------------------- 0 0 0 0 1 = 1

Carlos Boozer, Utah ----------------------------------------- 0 0 0 0 1 = 1

Antawn Jamison, Washington ------------------------------- 0 0 0 0 1 = 1

How the hell does Carmelo Anthony get a vote and not Iverson? Surprised that Pierce didn't have more than one point, as well.

That was some of the ugliest basketball of the playoffs. A significant amount of those turnovers were not caused by good defense but just sloppy offense.

I've changed my tune a bit and am kind of hoping for Lakers-Celtics in the finals.

I don't find the Lakers as offensive to me anymore because:

1) Gary Payton, Karl Malone and Shaq aren't there. That iteration of the Lakers(even though it was just a year) really turned me off.

2) Kwame Brown isn't around (i just don't like that guy)

3) Kobe is playing the best ball of his career and it's entertaining to watch. I like the fact that he actually scores and if he gets fouled it's generally legit rather than spinning into the lane out of control and flopping to the ground ala Wade.

Now if they got rid of Luke Walton I'd find them completely inoffensive......surely there is a better role player out there. Oh and they should probably keep the shots of celebrities to a minimum. I hate those bandwagoning jerk-offs(except Jack).

Not saying I like them or will root for them......just saying I won't complain about them. Now if only they were in a different city than LA.......

I've waited 21 years to see another Lakers/Celtics series, and I can't believe there's such a realistic possibility of it actually happening this year. There'd be just such a healthy hate on both sides for that series. The mini-dynasty was great and all, but how much hate can you really muster up for the New Jersey Nets?

Orlando caught a VERY lucky break tonight... Chauncey Billups went out with a hamstring problem early in the game.

The Pistons kept up with the Magic for most of the first 3 quarters, but completely ran out of gas by the start of the 4th... the scoring in the 4th is now 21-8 in Orlando's favor.

I've waited 21 years to see another Lakers/Celtics series, and I can't believe there's such a realistic possibility of it actually happening this year. There'd be just such a healthy hate on both sides for that series. The mini-dynasty was great and all, but how much hate can you really muster up for the New Jersey Nets?

Well, you could hate them for providing us with two lord awful finals earlier this decade

Hell, we could have had Celtics-Lakers back in '02 if the Nets had decided to wither and die after that tank in Game 3, but no, they had to come back and win the series only to be broom fodder for the Lakers (I'm not sure if Boston would have fared any better, but it would've been a hell of a lot more interesting)... and then they had the indignity to come back the next year for an even more unwatchable series against the Spurs.

So yes, it is possible to muster hate for the Nets in that regard

Boy, am I glad that Derek Fisher decided to return here. If we were the Miami Heat or something, I'd say that his number would be retired.

It's just weird to see other Lakers stepping up and hitting shots after the past few years of only Kobe having the ability to do so. I'm sure it makes him happy everytime Pau Gasol gets a huge dunk or lay-up or Fisher comes up with a clutch 3.

Slayer, the 2002 Celtics had zero heat to make the Finals. It never really dawned upon me that they could beat the Nets. That 2001-03 era was just the dead zone for the East though. The Nets were like 52-30 and 49-33 and made the Finals both years without it being shocking since the East sucked. That team circa 1997 or so would have been about a 7 seed.

Guest College Party

"Zero heat"? What the fuck are you even talking about?

cabbage and his using wrestling terms for other things.

He meant that nobody would have cared about the Celtics making the Finals, although he's wrong, Lakers-Celtics in the Finals would have brought people in, just because it's the Lakers and the Celtics.

Guest College Party

Next time I catch cabbageboy applying a wrestling term to a real sport, he's being punished.

The Celtics also swept the Lakers that year I believe and after that big collapse by New Jersey, people were starting to talk about the matchup.

That would have been a big series.

LeBron James: bad tipper.

We are all witnesses. But not everything about the LeBron is worth witnessing. Sure, he has the $400,000 car, Jay-Z in his corner, and Phil Knight wrapped around his diamond pinkie ring. But witness how His Greatness treats the little people, and you may begin to see the virtue of Brendan Haywood's hard fouls.

One of LeBron's favorite places to dine is XO Prime Steaks on West Sixth. Its mix of swank drinks and delicately massaged beef allows the Chosen One to consume calories worthy of his royal digestive system. All of which is swell — except that LeBron is among Cleveland's stingiest tippers.

According to a Punch source, a peer recently quit after tiring of LeBron going Scrooge McDuck on his ass.

It went down like this: LeBron pulls up in his Mercedes outside XO. People stop and try not to stare, but c'mon, it's LeBron James. He enters the restaurant with a group of friends. On this special occasion, the King decides to dine late. He keeps his group there until around 3:45 a.m. During this time the waiter obsequiously pours drinks and fetches anything else His Greatness needs.

The final bill comes to $800. By the feudal laws of decorum, which stipulate that the affluent should administer a 20 percent gratuity, staffers figured they'd be pocketing an extra $160. But when they fetched the autographed bill after His Heinousness bolted back to Akron, their expectation turned to disbelief, then anger.

LeBron stiffed them with a meager $10 tip. This is what French nobles like to call your requisite Bourgeois Bitch-Slap. The waiter wouldn't even take it, tired of being shat on by guys like LeBron.

Still, at least the self-proclaimed King of Ohio didn't pull a Bernie Kosar — who gets sloshed at the bar and then has to remind the waiters of who he is before he stiffs them.

He did say he wants to become a billionaire so I guess stiffing waiters is a way to negate the cost of his jewelry tab.

Is there a chance the service sucked...or that the story isn't true?

I mean, its not a given that I am going to give you 20%....or anything for that matter. I am a good tipper because I usually get good service. I have only had to not tip once or twice, but seriously...fuck them. give good service asshole.

20% does seem like a lot for a tip. I've never eaten anywhere that nice, of course, but in my experience tips have always been between 10-15 percent.

I suppose there's a chance that this is a dramatization. I just saw it on HoopsHype and thought it was funny, so I posted it.

Well at most restaurants in NYC, they AUTOMATICALLY charge 18% gratuities after 8 (or 10) PM or if your party is 6 or more. And by restaurants I'm talking things like Applebees or TGIFridays, not your highbrow places.

He could just be a tight ass. Not like the guy can't afford it.

But because it's Lebron James (the guy that's going to save us from bad basketball or something) let's automatically assume they gave bad service and this place should burn to the ground!

My uncle is a millionare and he's one of the tightest people I've ever met in my life. Lebron could be the same way. Maybe he's a big fan of Resevoir Dogs.

All-NBA teams. Kobe was the only unanimous first-teamer.

1st team

F - Kevin Garnett, Boston (118) = 612

F - LeBron James, Cleveland (117) = 610

C - Dwight Howard, Orlando (86) = 546

G - Kobe Bryant, LA Lakers (127) = 635

G - Chris Paul, New Orleans (125) = 629

2nd team

F - Tim Duncan, San Antonio (25) = 397

F - Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas (1) = 189

C - Amare Stoudemire, Phoenix (30) = 412

G - Steve Nash, Phoenix (2) = 311

G - Deron Williams, Utah = 228

3rd team

F - Carlos Boozer, Utah = 174

F - Paul Pierce, Boston (2) = 151

C - Yao Ming, Houston (2) = 71

G - Tracy McGrady, Houston (1) = 137

G - Manu Ginobili, San Antonio = 123

Others receiving votes:

Allen Iverson, Denver, 116

Carmelo Anthony, Denver, 89

Marcus Camby, Denver, 59

Chauncey Billups, Detroit, 38

Baron Davis, Golden State, 32

David West, New Orleans, 24

Rasheed Wallace, Detroit, 22

Tyson Chandler, New Orleans, 18

Antawn Jamison, Washington, 15

Al Jefferson, Minnesota, 14

Chris Bosh, Toronto, 11

Joe Johnson, Atlanta, 8

Andre Miller, Philadelphia, 7

Caron Butler, Washington, 5

Shaquille O'Neal, Phoenix, 5

Pau Gasol, LA Lakers, 5

Kevin Martin, Sacramento, 4

Ray Allen, Boston, 4

Hedo Turkoglu, Orlando, 3

Jason Kidd, Dallas, 2

Josh Howard, Dallas, 2

Richard Hamilton, Detroit, 2

Andre Igoudala, 1

Brandon Roy, Portland, 1

Michael Redd, Milwaukee, 1

Tayshaun Prince, Detroit, 1

Tony Parker, San Antonio, 1

Yes since its about Lebron we(apparently I am more than one person now) assumed it was bad service. Thats just silly of us. I am sorry.

We should always believe what the Punch's, source's, friend said. That is obviously where you will get the truth.

Yes since its about Lebron we(apparently I am more than one person now) assumed it was bad service. Thats just silly of us. I am sorry.

We should always believe what the Punch's, source's, friend said. That is obviously where you will get the truth.

It's just funny that you're so quick to assume Lebron is completely absolved of all wrong doing. Maybe the entire story is fabricated, maybe he's never even been to that restaurant.