TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

ECW on Sci-Fi (5/6/2008)

After countless chokeslams, frog splashes and Go To Sleeps, ECW on Sci Fi will celebrate its 100th episode on Tuesday. Armando Estrada has extreme plans for the historic show. The ECW General Manager will face a contract-seeking Colin Delaney, but will Extreme dreams turn into another nightmare for the hopeful? Or will the youngster finally earn a coveted contract on ECW’s 100th episode?

The self-proclaimed “Mexican Warrior” soldiered his way past the Big Red Machine on ECW on Sci Fi on Tuesday night. Thanks to a little help from his bodyguard, Bam Neely, Chavo Guerrero picked up a non-title, Handicap Match win over ECW Champion Kane. A vengeful Guerrero has his sights firmly set on the Big Red Machine’s ECW gold, but will he ever be able to win back the Championship? Was Neely’s impressive in-ring debut on ECW this week a positive sign for Guerrero’s future in the Land of the Extreme?

Also on the centennial episode, Tommy Dreamer will face his recent rival, Mike Knox, in an Extreme Rules Match. Will the ECW Original finally get revenge on Knox, who in recent weeks defeated Dreamer and his friend, Delaney?

Kofi Kingston remains undefeated in ECW action, as the Jamaican Superstar defeated Shelton Benjamin for the second week in a row. If the Gold Standard can’t stop Kingston, who will? Will the happy-go-lucky favorite of our fans continue to dominate?

To find out the answers to these questions and more, tune into Tuesday’s ECW on Sci Fi at 10/9 CT. It’s destined to be a historic night as the Land of the Extreme turns 100. Also, be sure to catch ECW in its entirety every week on WWE.com, available from Wednesday to the following Monday afternoon.

I really don't care about Colin Delaney. I am interested in seeing A(A)E in the ring though. He's totally wasted in the GM role. Benjamin's push disappeared when Dusty decided he wanted off the road and headed to FCW to book and build the characters for the developmentals. Dusty was the big backer of Shelton, and had requested and pushed for him to head to ECW. I'll never understand whey they went with Chavo vs Kane when Punk vs Benjamin would have been 100x better.

Bitch still can't dance.

She looks hot in that suit though.

*wishes for a Brooke Adams return, where she beats the hell out of both of them.

Although that will never happen.

Fuck this.

I can book ECW better than this with my eyes closed.

What does this do for Knox? He should not be going over Dreamer.

That's ridiculous. Dreamer has been losing for years and this shouldn't be an exception. Dreamer holds no true value for the brand beyond nostalgic sentimentality. He might get an reaction from time to time but that doesn't mean he should be going over someone who could still be built up for the future. This is what Dreamer is supposed to do. He puts others over and makes them look decent.

Fuck this.

I can book ECW better than this with my eyes closed.

What does this do for Knox? He should not be going over Dreamer.

That's ridiculous. Dreamer has been losing for years and this shouldn't be an exception. Dreamer holds no true value for the brand beyond nostalgic sentimentality. He might get an reaction from time to time but that doesn't mean he should be going over someone who could still be built up for the future. This is what Dreamer is supposed to do. He puts others over and makes them look decent.

I suppose you're right, I was influenced by the fact that it's an ECW original versus a generic guy who has a shitty finisher and will never be in the main event...You'd think Dreamer could get ONE win to even it out...

I wouldn't claim that Mike Knox will never reach the main event. This is the same brand that has kept Chavo Guerrero as a main event act for nearly 6 months.

The difference between Chavo and Knox, is Chavo awesome.

Chavo? Awesome?

You've got visions of the wrong Guerrero.

Awesome might be the wrong word, but in ECW he's a step above everybody else, not named John Morrison and Miz.

So how long until we get the:

"The WWE would like to wish Colin Delaney the best in his future endeavors..."

I totally forgot that ECW was on tonight. This usually happens every 1 out of 0.5 shows. What did I miss?

Colin won his ECW contract.

Beyond that, nothing special...nothing special at all.

I do agree about Dreamer/Knox though. If Knox just keeps beating Tommy with Tommy never getting a win, it does nothing but bury him and Knox gains nothing. If Dreamer holds his own in a feud and gets maybe 2 out of 5 wins, then Knox could win a blowoff and in theory gain from the feud.