TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

All I know is if my sleeper tag team gets picked before the 9th round when I plan on picking them up, I will make good on my murdering a puppy threat.

Highly doubtful, but stranger things have happened.

No more mentioning a foreign wrestler who hated America. :L

So, with being told that someone was already picked ... I took the chance to work the system and select:

daniels.jpg

19.jpg

and

dls17.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen.. I give to you professional wrestling's most dynamic team: Triple X

I asked this exact question and I was told that that makes for one tag team and one singles guy. In turn, you probably lose your next pick but not really since you took three guys. Also, I hate you for taking Low Ki.

I am but an observer in this, but there is no way a guy could pick three people with the same tag team pick. If the Freebirds were available, and some others that have used the multiple defenders gimmick, you should have to clarify which two of the wrestlers you wanted for the team.

Edit---What would stop someone from picking "nWo" and getting everyone they had? I mean, they teamed as the nWo all the time!

I'll also express a little bit of confusion on the 3 man tag team, especially because I really wanted to take a tag team at this spot and I was leaning towards the Daniels/Ki version of XXX, but I think I have to go with Batista here for value's sake. There aren't a lot of big men that I want available so I'll fill that need now and hope the other team I was thinking about survives 12 picks.

batista.jpg

Yes, but how is that fair to get a tag and singles guy in one pick unless you are the first or last person in a round? Like I said, why not pick the rest of the roster of the nWo and skip your picks until they run out? That shit isn't fair.

Bro still needs to clarify who is the singles star and which will be the tag team.

They have to be used as a unit. Those are the rules. Same as tag teams go.

EDIT: To clarify further, Broward needs to book them as a three-man unit when he presents his exhibition card.

So someone could take as many wrestlers as he wanted and all he gets are byes? That is fair to the people behind him? That rule doesn't make sense, mellow. I can think of several situations where that rule could be abused to death. And again, him taking a bye the next round doesn't make the fact that he got an extra wrestler out of turn fair at all.

So someone could take as many wrestlers as he wanted and all he gets are byes? That is fair to the people behind him? That rule doesn't make sense, mellow. I can think of several situations where that rule could be abused to death. And again, him taking a bye the next round doesn't make the fact that he got an extra wrestler out of turn fair at all.

Erm, no. Said groupings have to be a legitimate, tested unit. Such as XXX or the original Freebirds. I had multiple inquiries before Broward came to me, and those were also were met with fair and careful consideration.

Also, while there is no official limit as to how many people can be allowed per faction, I did have one member making an inquiry regarding the Flock, which I put the kibosh in my first response.

Again, as listed at the top of the thread, if those participating (or not) have any questions beyond what is mapped out in the basic rule-listing, please feel to contact me via PM and I am willing to answer them for you.

So, you're wrong.

No, no one could take as many wrestler's as they wanted and group them together.. the way it was explained is that the very few / rare 3-4 man units that can be picked have to be used as a unit and you lose your next pick.

So, for the whole bullshit "Well, why doesn't someone pick the nWo" talk, you can't because its not a unit but more so an alliegence of singles wrestlers.. sort of like why you can't pick the "Brothers of Destruction" as a team and as to why I couldn't pick the first group I had wanted for this pick.

As far as it being logical..I've got two soild.. young teams in LonDrick and Triple X. They go with a huge star in Triple H and an under-rated (in my opinion) star in Shane Douglas.

Personally I don't care that he took all of Triple X in one fell swoop since he's giving up his next round pick to do it. And really how many three man teams are there out there that you could reasonably have done this with anyways?

XXX, Demolition, and the Freebirds, but Gordy is gone because of the MVC pick.

I get the outrage, but this is The Commish's call. Live and learn, eh?

Also if any of you draft my next team, I will murder a puppy.

Not joking.

Personally I don't care that he took all of Triple X in one fell swoop since he's giving up his next round pick to do it. And really how many three man teams are there out there that you could reasonably have done this with anyways?

XXX, Demolition, and the Freebirds, but Gordy is gone because of the MVC pick.

I get the outrage, but this is The Commish's call. Live and learn, eh?

Also if any of you draft my next team, I will murder a puppy.

Not joking.

Honestly, this is where fantasy pro wrestling gets a little more complicated than anything else. It's not black and white. It's much more different.

But, I stand by my decisions, as I was asked about Demolition, the Freebirds and others early on in the draft, and I stated the same thing.

But, for me, it was a big deal not to promote it. If you guys are serious about any pick that seems even slightly out of the ordinary, then please, as the top page rule-listing states, consult with me, and I will likely work something out with you. I hardly feel as though people are going to be malicious and/or play politics in a mock wrestling roster draft on an obscure message board*.

*where amazing happens.

Stop name dropping a team that is still on the board.

To be fair people have said the team I name dropped like tons of times before I did already. We all know they are out there, and with Gordy gone they are more likely to be grabbed as singles anyways.

Stop name dropping a team that is still on the board.

I apologize for that too, as I am adamantly against the name-dropping aspect of this draft.

Because the teams I initially wanted got taken I had to think outside the box and I got inspiration from an Observer article. I want to build around a heel tag team, and I want them to be top-notch workers with charisma to match. With all the obvious selections taken, I've gone in the Wayback Machine, to pick the heel duo that my tag team division will be built around. Ladies and gentleman, the top heel tag team of my promotion...

w-patterson.jpg

Ray Stevens and Pat Patterson, the Blonde Blombers.

Well...I've got to take a tag team eventually...

I'm picking this team because I think that I could build a tag division around them...and with as many tag teams as are gone already it's kinda forced the issue that I take them now.

_MG_0973.jpg

The LAX

They work real well together, Homicide is awesome and Hernandez compliments him with his size and power moves. They have a gimmick that works (I'd be taking the heel version from 06). In fact...they have a gimmick that I think works so well that if they had the marketing and brains of Vince McMahon behind them...they would be huge. I feel like I'm being forced to reach here because of the sheer number of teams off the board...but I personally like them better than some of the teams taken and they would be high on teams I would want so it is what it is.