Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

My two picks:

rick2.jpg

Ravishing Rick Rude

06.jpg

Brainbusters: Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard

- I firmly believe that it only takes one great face to carry a company. However, that face needs plenty of heels and they don't get much better than Arn, Tully and Rude. All 3 guys can talk, can work and don't bring any ego problems.

I have 9 hour shifts some days...It would be kinda cruel if I got skipped because I had to work....because I'd never be late otherwise. And it's not just one person skipping you...If I start a shift at 4pm and get home at 1:30 am...in theory a ton of picks could have gone by because I was at work.

PM your pick to the guy right behind you if you're out for most of the day.

For my third pick, I choose the five time, five time, five time, five time, five time WCW Champion, sucka.

booker_t.jpg

Booker T

Booker T has proven himself over the years to be one hell of an entertainer. He has shined in both more serious and comedy roles, as well as having a very fine back catalogue of matches. He is also a useful addition to any roster as I feel he is equally adept at playing either face or heel, whatever circumstance dictates. As my number three draft I felt it was important to pick up someone very versatile, and in Booker T I believe I have that.

My third pick is a guy I'm truly shocked hasn't been picked yet. I was going to go in another direction but I realized I couldn't pass him up. This is a man that was ten years ahead of his time but in his own time, was a bonafide superstar. He planted the seeds of the Rock 'N' Wrestling era and was truly one of a kind. He is the man of the hour, too sweet to be sour. A former CWA World Champion, two time NWA Florida Heavyweight Champion, and former WWWF World Champion. He helped pave the way for the likes of Scott Steiner, Hulk Hogan, and John Cena to name just a few.

For the 40th pick in the All Time Wrestling Roster Draft, I select...

10.jpg "Superstar" Billy Graham

Ok, after a bit of debate, crandamaniac selects with the forty first pick:

Mxcover.jpg

Beautiful Bobby Eaton! Sweet Stan Lane! The Midnight Express.

I figured I'd snap up a tag team here at this juncture, in hopes that the later rounds I can snag another that I am thinking of. Since the Steiners and

Brainbusters were already picked, I'd go with another top tag team in the Midnight Express.

crandamaniac is typing out a thesis on this guy.

Sorry, I was debating between 4 picks at this juncture, trying to figure who'd be the best fit. It's kind of hard when you're trying to work out who you should pick, who you can match up for a good match, and who may or may not be around when your pick comes around.

I thought about taking a tag team, but I really need to find the right heel to feud with Warrior after his title program with Savage. So, after much thinking of a potential storyline, namely teasing that Warrior WILL BE BOUGHT, MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I decided to pick...

Ted%20DiBiase01.jpg

Rude would've been my guy, so that was a hell of a pick. I had to make sure that I got a guy that could work with Warrior, so I can't go wrong with DiBiase, and I've got a distinctly 80's WWF feel goin' on here. Won't stay that way.

With a couple of my highly valued picks just selected (DiBiase, The Road Warriors, and The Midnight Express) and I couple picks I'm confident will be waiting for me in the next round, I'm going to go ahead and select the best tag-team left on the board...

Ladies and Gentlemen...

The team that defined tag-team wrestling in the 1980s...

And the team that was a major draw every place they visited (Especially with the female audience, which is key)...

I give you none other than...

Img82.jpg

Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson...

The Rock and Roll Express

They'll be the anchor of my tag-team division that I had hoped the Road Warriors would be.

With this pick i'm going way off the board, but i've realized I really haven't had a face that could draw a lot of money. HBK arguably didn't draw during his first reign as WWF champion and i'm not sure how he did with his stint as champion from November 97 to March/April 98. With this one, i'm going to the 70's....

bruno_02.jpg

Bruno Sammartino.

I love the Dibiase pick. I was hoping he would slip to the next round but I have someone else in mind for my round 5 pick that i'm sure is going to slip off the radar.

When it came time for me to pick today it came down to either Booker or DiBiase. Where I've only followed wrestling regularly from January 2000 I choose Booker as I didn't think it would be right for me to choose someone who I hadn't seen more than a dozen or so matches from. I know through word of mouth and what little I had seen of DiBiase how good he was. I just thought it would be better to choose someone I'm overtly familiar with rather than someone I know second hand is excellent and would be seen to be a generally better pick.

I made the right decision I think.

Out of interest, which pick thus far would everyone say has hurt them the most to see slip through their fingers?

Definately pick number one, Bret Hart.

I'm trying to put together a roster where 90% of the wrestlers could put on **** matches with their eyes closed, and a roster with Bret, Angle and Eddie would have been a great platform.

When it came time for me to pick today it came down to either Booker or DiBiase. Where I've only followed wrestling regularly from January 2000 I choose Booker as I didn't think it would be right for me to choose someone who I hadn't seen more than a dozen or so matches from. I know through word of mouth and what little I had seen of DiBiase how good he was. I just thought it would be better to choose someone I'm overtly familiar with rather than someone I know second hand is excellent and would be seen to be a generally better pick.

I made the right decision I think.

Out of interest, which pick thus far would everyone say has hurt them the most to see slip through their fingers?

Right now, it's The Road Warriors. They would have meant more business than the Rock and Roll Express along with the fact that they could work both face and heel, which is key.

Losing Dusty also stung.