TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

So, if I take, say, the Steiner Brothers, I can't take Scott Steiner as a singles competitor. And the same, but in reverse. Correct?

Also, I pinned the thread for the duration.

That is correct. Also, thank you for pinning the thread. That should help it move along.

When this one's done, I or someone else can run one with everyone who didn't get in.

There was 3 guys I was torn between on this, but I decided to go with this man...

the_rock(jagdish.blogs.com).jpg

My first choice is the most electrifying man in sports entertainment, The Rock.

A tremendously versatile talent that always had the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand. Could have an entertaining match with just about anyone. Why wouldn't you want this man on your roster?

I spent so long trying to decide who to have. I thought I knew straight away who I wanted but there more I thought about it the less sure I became. There's a couple of guys on the top rung that it's really difficult to choose between. I'll be legitimately suprised if the two others I have in mind aren't the next to go.

As the #4 pick in the TSM All Time Wrestling Roster draft, I select...

Ric_Flair_02.jpg "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair

WHOO! Quite simply "The Man". Is excellent as both a face and a heel. He can adapt to almost any style and can carry almost any wrestler to a decent match. Sure, he's a bit formulaic but 98.4% of the time that formula worked well. Can have a good match with almost any type of worker be they a wild brawler (Terry Funk), a technician (Bret Hart), or a power wrestler(Hulk Hogan, Lex Luger). Is excellent as both a babyface and a heel. Even though there are others who may be more recognizable, Ric Flair is my #1 choice to build a promotion around. WHOOO!

With the 5th pick in the TSM All Time Wrestling Draft, Crandamaniac selects

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN!

10105632A~Steve-Austin-with-Championship-Belt-Posters.jpg

# Texas Wrestling Federation

* TWF Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Rod Price

# World Championship Wrestling

* WCW United States Heavyweight Championship (2 times)

* WCW World Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Brian Pillman

* WCW World Television Championship (2 times)

# World Wrestling Federation

* Million Dollar Championship (1 time)

* WWF Championship (6 times)

* WWF Intercontinental Championship (2 times)[42][43]

* WWF Tag Team Championship (4 times) - with Shawn Michaels (1), Dude Love (1), The Undertaker (1), and Triple H (1)[44]

* WWF King of the Ring (1996)

* WWF Royal Rumble (1997)

* WWF Royal Rumble (1998)

* WWF Royal Rumble (2001)

I labored a bit thinking of who to pick at this juncture. Sure there are more talented wrestlers that could be picked before Austin, but honestly none that I could think of, save a select 3 or 4 that are just as popular or more. Austin may not have been the most technical of wrestlers, but could go that route if need be, as well as having some wildly entertaining brawls. He seemed to be able to work with anybody and suite a match to their style. His promo work was always top notch, able to portray a wild amount of emotion. His wrestling attributes, along with this mainstream media appeal, make him and ideal first round pick and one of the best to build a company around.

Austin and Flair were the other two that I had thought about picking. Both of them definitely offer a lot as a centre piece to a promotion. I think now Hogan, Flair, Rock and Austin are gone, being I feel the obvious early picks, I'm intrigued to see where the draft goes.

Oh clearly there are plenty of other good first picks, I just saw those four as being the most obvious to go early on. It'll be interesting to see where other posters preference lay.

I'm curious to see if everyone is using the first round selection as a chance to grab the biggest star on the table or will anyone use it as the first piece of a specific pattern of workers.

I would think a good strategy is to use your first few picks to go after the upper main to main event level stars, as they are the ones that will be snatched first. Then just moving down the card. The inclusion of picking tag teams as a single unit kind of throws a kink into it tho, as you may forgo a much bigger name star for a better tag team.

I'm curious to see if everyone is using the first round selection as a chance to grab the biggest star on the table or will anyone use it as the first piece of a specific pattern of workers.

I planned on using it as a piece to do that, but it's a little too soon to pick the guy I really wanted. Instead, I'm going to select...

wrld-savage02nd-1.jpg

He'll be a heel in my version. Maybe with my next pick, the guy I want will be around, and I can pick him and others to use as perfect compliments to him.

Since 909 took the guy I was about to select, I'm going to go with none other than

"The 8th Wonder of the World"

Andre The Giant

I'm making this pick with a strict business approach. One of the greatest draws of all time.

Just a heads up. Mazto send me a PM informing me that he is going to be gone. When the time comes I will post his first round selection.

I planned on using it as a piece to do that, but it's a little too soon to pick the guy I really wanted. Instead, I'm going to select...

wrld-savage02nd-1.jpg

He'll be a heel in my version. Maybe with my next pick, the guy I want will be around, and I can pick him and others to use as perfect compliments to him.

Ok, that's a really good pick. Didn't see him going so high but now that I think about it I totally can.

And Diamonddust, I was about to pick Andre, but outside of name alone, I didn't think there was much there (albeit I've only seen a little of Andre's work)

I was going to go with a few of the workrate guys, but seeing as the one's I wanted are taken, I was torn between one workrate guy and a guy that could draw me money....I'n the end I went with.....

hbk.jpg

Didn't realize Hogan was taken. Each post should contain a picture.

And now, on behalf of myself, the 10th draft pick.

Arguably the biggest cash cow in North American wrestling today. A true company man. A man who never fails the wellness policy...

cena.jpg

John Cena.