TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

Also stop bitching about everyone's picks. So you disagree, it's not your roster. And I for one would pay money for a well booked Lesnar/Joe feud.

He could be your number 3 or 4 guy but for HTQ it's probably best he took him now cause you'll get the first shot at the 3rd round pick.

oh; I wasn't having a go, I was just saying I was surprised Joe came out this early.

I was having him myself next, and if not him, someone _just_ like him.

And not Just Joe.

I need a bit of clarification here, but if we select a tag team are we allowed to have them wrestle as singles competitors as well? It ultimately doesn't matter on this one pick since I'm sticking with it either way. I know guys who were thrown together can't be a tag team but couldn't figure out if that applies in reverse and want to know for future picks.

Anyway without further ado, for the benefit of those with flash photography I select the team of Edge & Christian.

11.jpg

Awesome pick.

I'd say you could reasonably split teams, it's not like we are going to be doing Fanfics with these rosters, probably just outlining where they are on the card, etc. Actually we might want to figure out how we are going to rate the rosters.

Draft and then book some Megacard to show how we would use them?

I need a bit of clarification here, but if we select a tag team are we allowed to have them wrestle as singles competitors as well? It ultimately doesn't matter on this one pick since I'm sticking with it either way. I know guys who were thrown together can't be a tag team but couldn't figure out if that applies in reverse and want to know for future picks.

Anyway without further ado, for the benefit of those with flash photography I select the team of Edge & Christian.

11.jpg

Absolutely awesome pick.

Two guys who even as single wrestlers could have made it onto my top 20 list.

I didn't expect those guys to be the first tag team selected since there are many teams that were more significant in the grand scheme of things. However, with the idea that you would eventually split these guys into singles performers, they weren't the worst selection possible since one is a bona fide main event heel and the other is a solid mid-card act. I do believe Edge as a singles performer could have been selected sometime in the first three rounds but the team could have easily hung around longer. This is the first "reach" pick of the draft, to say the least.

I had Edge down as my ideal fifth man, after the four i've selected and my hopefully able to pick next guy.

Same here... I had Edge rated pretty high, but I can make do without him.

Don't drop names. I don't like having to delete and edit posts.

I was going to take Steamboat with my next pick...Savage and Steamboat to carry the promotion. Oh well.

That's what I was thinking would be the best way to "showcase" our roster. Since people can look at a list of guys and go, yeah, that's pretty good but with roles or in a particular match they could really pop.

As an observer to this, and oversee-er of the NHL draft, I like the idea of comparing supercards.

A fantasy tournament will occur in the NHL draft, with the idea of a roster being crowned 'the best'. I think it'd be really cool to see ten line-ups in front of me, with the idea of only being able to see one.

A thread 'winner' if you will.

Sorry for the delay.. but, with my 2nd pick, the FWF has chosen:

shane_douglas.jpg

The Franchise

I always thought of Shane as a guilty pleasure of mine. All the way back to when he learned the belly to belly from Magnum TA.

As my second round draft pick, I would like to select one of my favorite tag teams of all time. Not only would I build my tag team division around these two, but I would book them as main event draws as well.

Ladies and gentlemen, the 27th selection in the draft, the former WCW and WWF World Tag Team Champions:

08.jpg

Rick & Scott: The Steiner Brothers!

Rock solid choice there, mellow. I was considering them to be my first tag team pick but unless everybody starts picking tag teams, I'm not going to pick a tag team until at least the third round.

Rock solid choice there, mellow. I was considering them to be my first tag team pick but unless everybody starts picking tag teams, I'm not going to pick a tag team until at least the third round.

Thank you. I really, really wanted to get my hands on those guys. It's easy to forget how they one of the best things about WCW when I first started watching. I've gone back and watched some of their work from 91-92 (which is the era of the Steiners that I am selecting, though it's all consistently good) recently, and I still love them as a duo.

The Franchise

I find this to be a strange selection when combined with the first round selection you chose given how similar they are. Also because I don't think Douglas was a hot commodity and you probably would've had him available in the next round at the very least. How do you plan on utilizing your first two selections given their similarites?

Like most people, I had my eye on the Steiners but I was fully aware that they weren't going to survive pass the second round. When we dicussed the "BIG 5" as for the singles performers, I do believe the Steiners were among the "BIG 5" for Tag Teams. Also, in theory, Mellow also has a potential gold mine with Scott Steiner and Cena as a big money program.

The Franchise

I find this to be a strange selection when combined with the first round selection you chose given how similar they are. Also because I don't think Douglas was a hot commodity and you probably would've had him available in the next round at the very least. How do you plan on utilizing your first two selections given their similarites?

Douglas, in my opinion, would have been available probably much later than just the next round.

The Franchise

I find this to be a strange selection when combined with the first round selection you chose given how similar they are. Also because I don't think Douglas was a hot commodity and you probably would've had him available in the next round at the very least. How do you plan on utilizing your first two selections given their similarities?

I would love to see Shane cut a promo on HHH. He would show him up for sure. Their matches would be very good too.

I honestly didn't see Douglas going till the fourth or fifth round but I'd love to see a feud between Triple H circa '00 Vs Shane Douglas circa '95. I guess Shane would be a defacto babyface (if I were booking it, which I'm not) as the jilted ex big-timer facing off with Vince McMahon's future son-in-law.

Douglas may seem a reach to some of you, which is fine..but to me it gives me a big time feud right off the bat with two men that while they do have similar talents in the ring, the differences they do have can shine through along with their mic skills.

I've always been high on Douglas and felt that he's been overlooked by some...and when the draft is done, I'll further explain things.