TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jorge Gorgeous

The NFL All-Time Draft.

Guest Vitamin X

So Jorge, no picks for Agent? I'll just make the pick for Agent/Tzar right now then, as requested by Edwin. He still needs another pick, though.

Agent picks, via Edwin via supposedly the list given to Jorge Gorgeous..

Tony-Dorsett-Photograph-C12961559.jpeg

RB Tony Dorsett

Fucking brutal. This guy is metal. Or something. He'll provide a fatal running game to go along with his murderous defense.

I'll go ahead and update the big board. This thing is hitting quite a snag around this point. I might have to ask Edwin to step in for Agent since Jorge doesn't seem to be around as much.

Dorsett? I told VX to take him because Agent said that he was expecting to get Csonka or Dorsett, and Csonka went a couple rounds ago.

If Jorge has Agent's list and wants to forward it to me, I'll gladly take over, but I probably don't have the time to actually pick through players if he didn't actually send one.

Guest Vitamin X

Ok, nevermind, seems that Jorge sent me a PM with Agent's list, so I'll go ahead and pick for him. Agent also picks, to make up for his pick last round..

bennet2.jpg

LB Cornelius "Biscuit" Bennett

Career Stats

Tackles 1,190

Sacks 71.5

Interceptions 7

Career Highlights and Awards

* 5xPro Bowl selection (1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994)

* 1988 Co-AFC Defensive Player of the Year

* 1991 AFC Defensive Player of the Year

* NFL 1990s All-Decade Team

* Elected to Alabama Sports Hall of Fame 2004

This is a great pick, and one I personally had on my big board to round out a 3-4 defense. Bennett was a fast, smart playmaker who had the misfortune to be on five different Super Bowl losing squads- 4 with the Bills, and 1 with the Falcons. He had the 3rd most fumble recoveries of all time (at the time of his retirement) with 26.

And no, I didn't pick Dorsett because of that; I haven't even watched wrestling in years.

There's at least one guy (maybe two or three) out there that I'm shocked hasn't been picked yet...

Dorsett was the player I was referring to.

Anyways, I can't hold out any longer for a WR so...

10108489.jpg

Charley Taylor

8x Pro Bowl selection (1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975)

1967 NFL 1st Team All-Pro

NFL 1960s All-Decade Team

1964 UPI NFL-NFC Rookie of the Year

70 Greatest Redskins

Redskins' Ring of Fame

ASU Sports Hall of Fame

#85 on The Sporting News list of 100 greatest football players

Started out as a RB, but eventually turned into the NFL's all-time leading receiver when he retired. He's much lower on the all-time lists now, but he put up some great stats for his era. Taylor gives me a nice target for Elway to throw to, as well as a great downfield blocker. An amazingly talented athlete.

4217mt.JPG

C Mick Tingelhoff

The Glory

- 6x Pro Bowl

- 6x All Pro

- Undrafted

The Stats

- 240 Games

- 4 Super Bowls

Wicked small at 6'2" and 237 lbs. but he can get help on double teaming DT on the inside. He was a mainstay for Minnesota and helped block for scrambling QB Fran Tarkenton for quite a few years. Also durable as he played through the age of 38, starting 16 games in his final season.

DE Simeon Rice

rice.jpg

Second fastest to 100 sacks, scary good defensive end. 3 Pro Bowls, 1 All Pro, I believe, but scarcely a better prime to be found.

nfl_g_freeney_412.jpg

Dwight Freeney, DE

- 3x Pro Bowl

- 3x All-Pro

- Already the Colts all-time sack leader with 60 (only played 6 seasons, including one shortened due to injury)

Up until injuries hit him last season, Freeney was dominant enough to earn the biggest contract ever given to a defensive player. Often demanded double-teams and even those could barely contain him, let alone stop him. With him and Mean Joe anchoring it, my front 4 wil be on scary thing.

Long,Howie6.jpg

Howie Long, DE

- 8x Pro Bowl

- 3x First Team All-Pro

- 2x Second Team All-Pro

- 2x Defensive Lineman of the Year

- 1980's All-Decade Team

- NFL Hall of Fame

Although primarily known as a 3-4 player, I think Long will do fine in my 4-3. With him on one end and Freeney on the other, the speed of my front four is unmatchable. Long was a warrior who could pressure the quarterback and play the run with equal prowess, while being quick enough to drop back and play a tight end if necessary.

UPDATED:

20. TheOriginalOrangeGoblin

QB: Johnny Unitas

RB: Franco Harris

WR: Chad Johnson

TE: John Mackey

T: Ron Yary

G: Gene Upshaw

C:

DE: Dwight Freeney, Howie Long

DT: Joe Greene

LB: Jack Ham

CB: Mike Haynes

S: Ken Houston

K: None

P: None

Coach: None

I'm going to go with a corner that was so physical, they had to change the rules!

Ty-Law--C10212947.jpeg

Ty Law.

5 Time Pro Bowler.

2 Time All-Pro.

3 Time Super Bowl Champion.

2004034850.jpg

FS Darren Sharper

The Glory

- 4x Pro Bowl

- 4x All Pro

The Stats

- 53 INT

- 8 TD

- 19.32 YPINT

A true playmaker at the FS position who is equally adept at being a straight ball hawk. Should finish his career north of 60 INT easily and make a run at 70 depending on how long he plays. Can help with tackling in the secondary while tag teaming with Deion to swipe balls out of the air.

Guest Vitamin X

Sonofabitch. I wanted to take Joe Jacoby AND Ty Law, eventually. Good picks there. I was thinking about taking Sharper, being a Packers fan and all, except everytime I think of Darren Sharper, I think of these:

at_owens4.jpg (he's the one on the left- This was Owens' catch from Steve Young to beat Green Bay in the wildcard round in 1998)

freddie.218195022_std.jpg

And we all know this one. OH WAIT LOOK AT WHO BLEW THE COVERAGE!

In short, fuck Darren Sharper and I'm glad he's with Minnesota now.

I'm gonna take another WR named Charles.

fb_AAHV126_8x10~Charlie-Joiner-Posters.jpg

Charlie Joiner

3x Pro Bowl selection (1976, 1979, 1980)

1980 NFL 1st Team All-Pro

#100 on The Sporting News list of 100 greatest football players

An exceptional route runner, Joiner is a nice compliment to the bigger, more physical Taylor on the other side. Opposing DB's are definitely gonna have a hard time keeping up with his speed and quickness. The last line of Joiner's Hall of Fame bio reads like this:

Joiner was once described by San Francisco 49ers coaching great Bill Walsh as “the most intelligent, the smartest, the most calculating receiver the game has ever known.”

Sounds like a keeper to me.

Since Howie is taken, I'll take:

delamielleure_alumni_square.jpg

Joe DeLamielleure, G

- 6x Pro Bowl

- 9x All-Pro

- 1973 Co-Offensive Lineman of the Year; 1975 Offensive Lineman of the Year; 1997 Forrest Gregg award as Top Offensive Lineman

- First player to block for a 2000yd rusher and 4000yd passer

- 1970's All-Decade team

- NFL Hall of Fame

I've been watching him for rounds wondering how far he'd slip. Him still being available is a steal in my book and I am more than happy to have him join Yary and Upshaw on my O line. DeLamielleure is a proven run blocker (with his blocking OJ twice won the quadruple crown) and a proven pass blocker (BRian Sipe won MVP and passed for 4000yds behind him) and is as tough as nails, missing very few games in his career.

Guest Vitamin X

So, hoping that we won't have to wait an eternity for nogoodnick, I will have Agent's pick up later tonight at the 8 hour mark. Since Jorge is gone as well, and I believe he's the only guy who nogoodnick PMed picks to, this probably going to happen.

Guest Vitamin X

Alright, nogoodnick gets hit with strike #2. No word from him, Jorge, or anyone else so here comes Agent's pick.

thumb22555.jpg

DL "Tombstone" Rich Jackson

He played for the NFL Broncos in 1970 through 1971, and the NFL Cleveland Browns in 1972. Jackson was All-Pro in 1969 and 1970. Jackson, a defensive end whose nickname was "Tombstone", was famous for moves such as the "head slap" and the "halo spinner" which he used to subdue opposing offensive linemen. In the late Lyle Alzado's book "Mile High" he recalled Rich Jackson as the toughest man he'd ever met, and told the story of Jackson breaking the helmet of Green Bay Packer offensive tackle, Bill Hayhoe, with a headslap. Jackson's career was cut short by a severe knee injury. Despite the shortened career, Sports Illustrated's football expert, Dr. Z, Paul Zimmerman, said that Tombstone Jackson was perhaps the finest overall defensive end and pass rusher he ever saw, a surefire Hall of Famer if he would have had a longer playing career, in a bigger media market. As it was Jackson will be remembered as a great one, only by a handful of football insiders, including those who lined up with and against him.

Kennedy_Cortez_150-150.jpg

Cortez Kennedy, DT

7 Time Pro Bowler

5 Time All Pro

1992 NFL Defensive POTY

1990's All Decade

"The Best Athlete to Wear the Number 96"

Maybe it's just me, but I think he's a steal at this point. I was unsure whether or not to really get a hold of my defensive line or finally draft someone in the secondary, but I realized at this point I almost have to draft this guy.

Guest Vitamin X

MotherFUCKER. Die. That's exactly who I was going to pick this round. Shit. It is a hell of a steal.