TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jorge Gorgeous

The NFL All-Time Draft.

I think we need a better seeding system than that though. Have a panel of three or four of you guys come up with seeds, I think.

Guest Vitamin X

No, fuck that. The only problem is that we have an uneven number of teams.

As people send in their write ups, they could vote for somebody to be eliminated before the start of the tournament. Or something.

Guest Vitamin X

Idea: I might make EHME/Vic Mackey and TOOG play in to the tournament like Just John suggested, mainly because they have the advantage of having back to back picks, and so should make them eligible for a single elimination game.

Idea: I might make EHME/Vic Mackey and TOOG play in to the tournament like Just John suggested, mainly because they have the advantage of having back to back picks, and so should make them eligible for a single elimination game.

I find that kind of ridiculous to be honest since why should we get punished for we randomly ended up?

Then there would be 18 teams, which doesn't make for a good tourney. 16 is a perfect a number, but 17 is no big deal.

Just do the lowest seed play-in. It's the simplest, most logical solution.

Guest Vitamin X

I find that kind of ridiculous to be honest since why should we get punished for we randomly ended up?

You're not getting punished at all. But you can't deny there wasn't a distinct advantage in being able to pick back to back throughout the whole draft as opposed to the rest of us who would have to take one player over another one, in the hopes the other dude would still be around later. That advantage should help you construct a better team in theory, and even if not, it's one additional game- if you really have the best team, what do you have to worry about?

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Nah, I don't like that one either.

Play-in is a good idea for the two lowest seeds. I'll ratify that idea.

I guess VX's point is that if we're all voting on the seeding, then what's the point of a voting tournament? The results would be a foregone conclusion unless a bunch of people had changes of heart between the two voting processes.

Would anyone support 16-team tourney with a "bad luck" draw where two random teams have to compete for one spot?

Another idea I had which may or may not be good is doing composite scores for all the games. Like when everyone votes (this would have to be via PM), you pick the winner and give a score. The scores are then averaged to produce a final score for each game. Of course, this would require everyone to be mature and not give any 110-0 type scores.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Gavel

That's how we're gonna do it.

Also. SEND ME YOUR GOD DAMN WRITEUPS! It's friday. Deadline is Tuesday AM.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I PMed Brooklyn Zoo. Looks like the only one to not send me anything is Broward, but he had the worst team anyway, I thought.

I don't know if he has the worst team, but he does lead the draft in Houston Texans, and has a defensive line with three DE's.

Somebody should compile trivia of our draft. Maybe after we find a winner.

By my count you have three, and one is Jason Taylor who I have no qualms with as an Outside Linebacker. Who plays the second DT on his line? Too Tall? Doesn't that kind of neuter his pass rushing abilities?

Actually, I guess you have four, don't you. Fuck, you'll probably have some of them play center or something, anyway.