The NFL All-Time Draft.

With my final pick in TSM's NFL Draft, I select:

post-2806-1219592679.jpg

Len Dawson/QB

7 Time Pro Bowler

2 Time All Pro

Pro Football HOF

Super Bowl IV MVP

I also considered Cunningham, Kurt Warner, Aikman, and Jim Kelly for these spots. Not too seriously though since, Dawson was 10th on my list of QB's when I made my list. Great QB who I think would have excelled in today's game.

With my last pick in the draft, I'll pick strong safety, Lawyer Milloy.

* Pro Bowl (x4)

* Super Bowl XXXVI champion

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Fokai, Broward, and Brooklyn Zoo still have selections. Make 'em at any time, guys.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Let's write up our rosters and all that good shit. PM them to me, I'll post them when I get 'em all, then we'll vote.

Not sure if they're the biggest snubs, but Troy Aikman and Jim Kelly are probably the biggest names that weren't picked. I think Alex Karras is definitely up there. Drew Pearson wasn't picked and he was on the 1970's All-Decade Team. A ton of notable coaches were snubbed as well.

EDIT: To add on, Ken Stabler and Jim Bakken (kicker who was also on the 60's team) were on the 1970's team. Frank Minnifield and John Anderson were on the 1980's team. The rest of the 1980's snubs and the only 1990's snub were on there as return men (John Taylor, Mike Nelms, Rick Upchurch, and Michael Bates).

What exactly are we supposed to write? I'm not really that well versed in football know-how, so the best strategy I can think of is "Run the ball sometimes and pass the ball other times. Also, play defense...good."

Guest Tzar Lysergic

The two I've received so far describe their team's overall attitude and goals. Not too much X's and O's, just explain why you think your team is the best, maybe? It's up to you, really.

I'm sending a pm to Broward and Fokai today.

Deadline for this will be the end of the Monday night game Week 1. Fair?

No shit about Halas, didn't realize Papa Bear wasn't taken, although Coaches and QB's were going to be the ones with the most snubs, with only pne slot per team.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

And that's it!

Still have a lot of writeups to get.

I've marked who has turned in their homework in the first post.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I'm going to make a voting thread, post all the writeups, and then we rank them in order; first to worst. Same process as the NBA draft thread.

Are we going to whatifsports.com tournment this bitch? I'll get my write up done this weekend, for sure, problay not today but tomorrow or sunday.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I discussed it with TOOG.

There's a snare with that. The offensive players are there, but they don't have an option to use individual defensive players, just overall squads like "85 Bears" "2000 Ravens" etc etc..

Can't really sim teams against each other that way. We could see how everyone does against a certain team, maybe.

I think there are some other sims out there like fantasy front office or something, but you have to pay to DL them. I doubt anyone's interested in doing that.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, screw that tournament. I say we pick our own results to the games- the beef I have with whatifsports.com is that the coaching isn't taken into account. I have a better idea.

When we're voting for the teams, instead of just sending in votes, let's have something of a "vote playoff", using the draft order as the seeding. Set it up a little bit like our TSM Poster Tournaments, where you just pit the teams against each other and we'll vote on who beats who. I think that's a bit more fun and makes the whole thing feel a bit more like a tournament. Obviously let's get write-ups in so we can explain what we're doing with our teams a bit better, and state the case for each squad, but that's better than what I've seen the other drafts on this board too. Any thoughts on that?

Guest Vitamin X

It also makes the whole thing go by a lot faster. Ideally, it'd be nice to get this done before the season started or something.

If everyone agrees on it, I can run the tournament with little mini-previews of the matchups and all that.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Oh, good call! Let's do that.

Writeups, people. Send 'em to me.