TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

It's decent. I think Rampage shows up somewhere in there too, but there's also a set with the first two shows floating around that's probably not much more cash, and if you like ground work, KOTC is the place to be, a lot of BJJ guys going to the ground, a lot of judge's decisions because they work short fights

Is it just me, or did King of the Cage get a bigger cage than they had when they started. I just found Sin City in Best Buy and the cage looks a lot bigger. Also, why did UFC drop Shonie Carter(or vice versa), he seems to be a somewhat charismatic fighter who can do all kinds of stuff(they say he fights in kickboxing and jiu jitsu tournies) and has all kinds of experience. Any info on this? Also, what is Frank Shamrock doing these days?

About Shonie: UFC doesn't like black fighters.

Why? Who cares as long as they can fight? They have(or had) Brazillian fighters, at least one Dutch fighter, Japanese fighters, fighters from ALL OVER THE WORLD. WHy in the heck would they not like black fighters, AND, why would he be in the UFC Throwdown game? Also, didn't Maurice Smith come to prominence in UFC?

I was kidding :)

... Kinda.

Yves Edwards is the only black fighter they consistently show on PPV. Pete Spratt beat Robbie Lawler, yet Lawler gets continued PPV shots and Spratt hasn't been back. Baroni keeps getting on shows, despite losses. Shonie Carter loses once and then he's gone.

And Smith was under the SEG UFC, not the Zuffa UFC. Besides, he was "fed" to Mark Coleman; he wasn't actually supposed to win.

... Kinda.

Yves Edwards is the only black fighter they consistently show on PPV. Pete Spratt beat Robbie Lawler, yet Lawler gets continued PPV shots and Spratt hasn't been back. Baroni keeps getting on shows, despite losses. Shonie Carter loses once and then he's gone.

And Smith was under the SEG UFC, not the Zuffa UFC. Besides, he was "fed" to Mark Coleman; he wasn't actually supposed to win.

They just need to get some that win. Vernon "Tiger" White and Marvin Eastman haven't been looking so hot lately!

... Kinda.

Yves Edwards is the only black fighter they consistently show on PPV.  Pete Spratt beat Robbie Lawler, yet Lawler gets continued PPV shots and Spratt hasn't been back.  Baroni keeps getting on shows, despite losses.  Shonie Carter loses once and then he's gone.

And Smith was under the SEG UFC, not the Zuffa UFC.  Besides, he was "fed" to Mark Coleman; he wasn't actually supposed to win.

They just need to get some that win. Vernon "Tiger" White and Marvin Eastman haven't been looking so hot lately!

Vernon White has never been all that great to begin with!

SO UFC went from being owned by a non racist company to a racist company? Weird.

Another thing:on the Sin City DVD, they say Jeremy Horn has won like 100 fights or something. I just checked Sherdog, and they only have him with like 60 wins. Why is there such a large differance?

Another thing:on the Sin City DVD, they say Jeremy Horn has won like 100 fights or something. I just checked Sherdog, and they only have him with like 60 wins. Why is there such a large differance?

They're probably counting his amateur wins as well.

Three matches have just been CONFIRMED for Pride's NYE show:

Saku vs. Silva 4

Hendo vs. Kondo

Gomi vs. Pulver

Looks pretty bad ass to me.

Guest CurryMan

I feel sorry for Sakuraba why must he accept facing Silva, he must realise that he hasn´t got a chanse.

You'd think he'd want to go out the easy way, but who's left for Wanderlei to fight?

I just got the UFC 48 DVD. What was up with Baroni? They said he wanted to take out Tanner so bad, but he looked like a punching bag out there until the last round. Also, why was Tannner going this weird punch and turn thing? Have they said anythign about that stuff?

I just got the UFC 48 DVD. What was up with Baroni? They said he wanted to take out Tanner so bad, but he looked like a punching bag out there until the last round. Also, why was Tannner going this weird punch and turn thing? Have they said anythign about that stuff?

I guess Baroni didn't wanna fuck up and get taken down, where Tanner would have easily controlled the fight. As for the punch and turn, who the hell knows, Tanner has never been known for having great stand up skills.

In news that will excite all of 2 people, Tatsuya Kawajiri recently defeated Vitor "Shaolin" Ribeiro via TKO to become the undeniable #1 LW in the world (if you mention Yves Edwards, I will KILL you), while WW Akira Kikuchi won his rematch with Cesar Gracie student Jake Shields.

In news that will excite all of 2 people, Tatsuya Kawajiri recently defeated Vitor "Shaolin" Ribeiro via TKO to become the undeniable #1 LW in the world (if you mention Yves Edwards, I will KILL you), while WW Akira Kikuchi won his rematch with Cesar Gracie student Jake Shields.

I guess the next logical step would be a rematch with Yves, since it's been more than a year since their last fight, which Kawajiri won by decision. Kawajiri gets no love from ANYBODY, I'm looking at you mmaweekly.com.

Evan Tanner has left Team Quest and will be fighting David Tarrell for the Middleweight title.

Super Saturday is looking like a awesome card.

Vitor Belfort vs. Tito Ortiz

Tim Sylvia vs. Andrei Arlovski (HVW TITLE)

Evan Tanner vs. Dave Terrell (MW TITLE)

Phil Baroni vs. Robbie Lawler

David Loiseau vs. Joe Riggs

Mike Kyle vs. James Irvin (Yeah, give a match to Kyle and not Eilers)

Possible matchups:

B.J. Penn vs. Frank Trigg

Possible participants:

Nick Diaz

Karo Parisyan

Chris Lytle

Does anyone watch KOTC? I was looking through Sherdog and there's a chance for 10 events for twenty bucks. The only things I know about it are that it's a b-level show in the States and that Rampage fought there back when he sucked. It really is amazing how much he's progressed as a fighter. But yeah, I see that most of the fights are finished properly, as opposed to decisions. Is this worth getting?

Guest Brian

Does anyone have an idea of what matches are going to be on the big Pride re-cap show? Six hours for $30 sounds like a bargain to me.

As for the Tanner thing, I think at times he was showboating.

I picked up the first KOTC 10 show/$20 set and it was worth it. Sure there were some crappy fighters, but a toughman style fight that they usually provide never hurt here and there. I'll probably pick up the second set when it gets to the Suncoast near me.

It is UFC that is having the 6 hour show and it is going to air fights from UFC 40 to UFC 49.

Sherdog preview

Apparently 40 full fights will be shown. Could not find the full list.

I was hoping to find a full list to see what is going to be from UFC 40-42 as if there was a lot I might order this, but having seen 43-49 it isn't worth it otherwise.

The 6 hour show is definitely worth getting. I'd get it if I didn't already have most of em on tape or DVD. When all is said and done, the period of time that this show chronicles could be considered the UFC's prime, because they had an outstanding run of shows.

In regards to KOTC, if you can find cheap MMA dvds, get em. Even if the shows all suck (which they won't), you, at the very least, get to see some guys who might be debuting on a card in the next year and you can have a reference point.

Who are the active Gracies, how good is each one, and are they all pretty much straigt up BJJ fighters or are some of them becoming hybrids like Wanderlei?

Silva and Minotauro are free agents. Silva has expressed disappointment in the decision with Mark Hunt, so he is thinking of going to K1. Of course, Silva said that he won't whine about it since that's a loser's attitude and that he will keep going and fighting. Hopefull that puts to rest the myth that all the Brazilian fighters are whiners.

Minotauro I can't see leaving until he beats Fyodor, but than I guess he will never leave ha. Seriously, it was a great match on Shockwave, but after the way the story was set up in the previous two fights, it had to be a letdown, because it should have had Minotauro overcoming the great monster heel. But Fyodor is too nice of a guy to be a heel. I love how after the fight where we all knew Fyodor won, he goes to shake Mino's hand but Mino has his hands up in celebration like he won the fight and just rubs his head. Oh well. I think this shows that unless Minotauro works on his wrestling he won't be able to beat him. This fight showed Emilienenko had the better stand up and much better takedown skill. Noguiera lost weight to get quicker? Fyodor will just throw you around. It sucks for Mino though, he was on a roll before that fight and I don't know anybody that has the list of impressive names on his win record like he does. He's literally beaten ALL of the heavyweight contenders to ever step in PRIDE, some more then once. If he can get on top of Fyodor, he might have a chance.

Dana White has expressed interest in both of them. While I doubt it will happen, it would be unreal to see them both in the UFC. We get Wand-Couture, which is still the premier match up in MMA I think, if only because Wand really won that match, against the biggest premier striker PRIDE has to offer. Noguiera would run through that Heavyweight division in my opinion. There's no one there that could beat him, except for maybe Arlovski who just matches up well with him. But I think that would play out like his fight with Kharitanov. The UFC judging is a little screwy when compared to PRIDE, but I think he can finish him. Interesting news anyway.

Pride is officially retarded if they don't sign Wanderlei. I don't knwo anything about the other fellow(the only MMA I have that's not a couple of years old is UFC) but imagine the boon if UFC gets him.