TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

Don't watch Ultimate Shamrock. For the love of god don't.

What exactly is so wrong with it?

Speaking of Overeem, Alistair won his weight division in the European ADCC Trials, winning all 4 matches via guilliotine choke.

And yes, that is as sad as it sounds.

It's been a while since I last saw it, but...

It has 2 of the worst matches ever on it?

Plus Shamrock has an excuse for everything and it's annoying.

Like, the only value it has is Shamrock/Taktarov and Shamrock/Kimo, and they're not even that good.

I actually heard that Brawl is a good behind the scenes book for the early UFC's and stuff, and is recommended in most reviews that I see it.

Buy the Smashing Machine, that is a great movie, MMA or not. It will teach you more about the career of a fighter then Ultimate Shamrock would. Also, I am surprised that Kerr hasn't ever spoken out about it. I can only imagine that he would either be very pleased with it or displeased since it painted him in such a negative picture near the end, not to mention the hatred for the woman he's now married to. Does anyone know if he's spoken out about it at all?

The problem with Brawl is that it's written by a guy who trained in Lion's Den, so there's quite a few boring & eye-roll-inducing sections of Shamrock nuthuggery.

I haven't heard much about Mark being upset with the documentary overall, and doesn't seem much like the type anwyays. Also, him & Dawn divorced about 8 months after their marriage, IIRC.

The problem with Brawl is that it's written by a guy who trained in Lion's Den, so there's quite a few boring & eye-roll-inducing sections of Shamrock nuthuggery.

I haven't heard much about Mark being upset with the documentary overall, and doesn't seem much like the type anwyays. Also, him & Dawn divorced about 8 months after their marriage, IIRC.

Well is NHB long? The more info the better, and apparently it has something like 80 interviews or something, I have been looking for a review of it but can't find one.

Good for Mark Kerr I guess. It's too bad he won't fight anymore, I would've loved to see him fight in the GP. He seemed like he really wanted to after that fight where he KO'ed himself too.

I think Mark Kerr, stylistically, can beat anyone there except for Cro Cop, Noguiera, Fyodor and Kharitanov. If he was aggressive as he was with guys like Varelens, who knows? He won ADCC so you know he could at least avoid submission attempts, he manhandled Barnett in one match too.

The biggest problem with Kerr is that he didn't have the mentality of a fighter. He could dish it out, but once the other guy started firing back, he would go into panic mode or simply shut down. That's why he shot so much junk into his system: he simply couldn't deal with the pain and stress of being a fighter (also why he was better suited for ADCC).

In the end, he never defeated any noteworthy fighters, and it's uncertain if he would've had he faced any.

Well yeah I'm banking on paper, as opposed to his mentality.

On paper he was a decorated fighter who could control the pace of the fight as well as where it would be. Of course, I used to think he didn't have the mentality too when I saw how soft spoken he was, but the guy seemed to have the warrior mentality in the documentary, at least when he was describing his first fight in PRIDE.

Some news on the PRIDE GP, though I don't know why they have to have one every year, it sort of ruins the specialness of it.

Pride's Middleweight GP

On Pride's website, Dream Stage Entertainment's president Nobuyuki Sakakibara announced a few of the names that will compete in Pride's Grand Prix Middleweight show which happens in April.

According to the site the following fighters are confirmed. Rogério Minotouro, Maurício Shogun, Quinton Jackson, Alistair Overeem and Igor Vovchanchin. GP Middleweight champion Wanderlei Silva was not mentioned by the president. Ricardo Arona, Zé Mário Sperry, Paulão Filho and Murilo Ninja were named by Sakakibara to join a Grand Prix's trial.

I'm really looking to see how Igor will do. One weight class down should be good for him, and I think he can beat any of them if he has a good gameplan, or anything at all. I still think he had that Rampage fight in the back if he did not go up to him and hold on, letting himself be slammed. I never liked the OLD VITOR rumour, because I thought that it was stupid since Vitor was only agressive in the past since he fought shitty fighters and now since there is a level playing field he doesn't stand out. Really, he did beat Wanderlei AFTER he lost to Randy, so the whole "stolen heart" thing doesn't make sense. I think he's the same, it's just that other guys caught up. However, I think Igor really did lose something after the Tra fight, since he hasn't had the same agression since. But he knocked out someone on a Bushido show, so maybe the OLD IGOR really is back.

"Old Vitor" was a heavyweight so unless he plans on beefing up we won't be seeing that version of him anytime soon.

Just for the hell of it, here's my Pride top 10, pound for pound:

10. Yuki Kondo

9. Sergei Kharitonov

8. Aleksander Emelianenko

7. Ricardo Arona

6. Mark Hunt

5. Mirko Filipovic

4. Quinton Jackson

3. Wanderlei Silva

2. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

1. Fedor Emelianenko

Sorry for the three threads in a row in a relatively short time, but the Pride 29 card has been UPDATED!

New official matches, credit once again to Shooto Panama from sherdog.com:

From Sportnavi:

Mirko Crocop vs Mark Coleman

Sergei Kharinotov vs Choi Mu Bae

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs Allistair Overeem

Igor Vovchanchin vs Yoshiki Takahashi

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs Ninja Rua

Announced without opponents:

Werdum, Yokoi, Sperry, Nakamura and Ryan.

Debate.

"Old Vitor" was a heavyweight so unless he plans on beefing up we won't be seeing that version of him anytime soon.

Just for the hell of it, here's my Pride top 10, pound for pound:

10. Yuki Kondo

9. Sergei Kharitonov

7. Ricardo Arona

6. Mark Hunt

5. Mirko Filipovic

4. Quinton Jackson

3. Wanderlei Silva

1. Fedor Emelianenko

:angry:

ARGH, after Ninja was destroyed by a credible HW, they're throwing him the second best LHW in the company? I feel for him on this one.

Lots of intrigue over Coleman vs. Cro Cop. Coleman is more dominating then Randleman, I'm picking Cro Cop to once again win by submission.

I think Cro Cop will KO Coleman. MC Hammer may not be the smartest fighter in the world, but I think he has enough brains to not utterly embarass himself Randleman style.

I think Cro Cop will KO Coleman. MC Hammer may not be the smartest fighter in the world, but I think he has enough brains to not utterly embarass himself Randleman style.

I actually think he won't do it on purpose, he'll end up in his guard, and he'll give up an arm or something. Hammer House aren't really that proficient in sub defense really, except for, from what I have seen, WES SIMS.

Oh, and

10. Yuki Kondo

9. Sergei Kharitonov

7. Ricardo Arona

6. Mark Hunt

5. Mirko Filipovic

4. Quinton Jackson

3. Wanderlei Silva

1. Fedor Emelianenko

:angry:

I threw that together in like 5 minutes, sue me.

If there was a law that stated that Dan Henderson should be on every P4P MMA list, and there damn well should be, then you bet your ass I'd send you for a trip to the monkey house.

The P4P thing just brings up unnecessary crap anyway, it's hard to judge I mean. Just go for best fighters, with respect to their weights, which is probably what you did, but I still don't get why Kondo is there ahead of Henderson, who not only beat him but did much more in PRIDE than he did.

I'd make a thread in regards to the best heavyweights, hell I'd like to make a write up, but I don't know about the responses on the board, and how many people would chime in for good discussion. I'm sure a lot of people would throw some wackyt points out there, like how Fedor isn't the unanimous pick, or something.

Well consider it just the top 10 then, and I used fighters that appear regularly on the big Pride shows. I also looked at their non-Pride performances, which is why Kondo is top 10, he's been way more active lately than Dan.

I love Dan, but I was looking at his record yesterday, and I think he has more bs decision wins than anyone in MMA history. He has one of the biggest hearts ever, and he's tough as nails, only having been submitted once.

In the UFC against Carlos Newton, could have gone either way.

His fights in RINGS against Kanehara, Nogueira, and Babalu could have gone either way.

There was nothing that indicated that Henderson deserved to win any of those fights ouright.

He holds controversial victories over Ninja, Busta, Nakamura (injury), and Kondo in Pride.

Hendo is good, maybe even great, but he hasn't done enough in Pride lately to warrant being top 10. Kondo's victory over Sperry was more impressive than any victory credited to Hendo in three years, and if you wanna pull the "well Hendo beat Kondo", I might also point out that Randleman beat Cro Cop in even more decisive fashion, yet no one's clamoring for him to be top 10 in anything. (except worse sub defense :P )

Frank Shamrock at UFC 52?

What the fuck?! Rich and Frank is such an odd matchup, I don't get it on any level, but who knows, Frank isn't that old, and he was a brilliant fighter in his time, and I think he can definitely hang in with some guys today. I just think this is too weird to really think about. Especially since he's fighting Jim Carrey. If Ken is also fighting on the same card, it could be a huge buyrate, not to mention it would be the culmination of the Ultimate Fighter TV show as well.

Grrrr....UFC is going the way of WWE and raising their PPVs from 29.95 to 34.95 starting with the April Couture/Liddell 2 show. That's not very helpful... :angry:

...Couture vs. Liddell 2 also will be available LIVE on pay-per-view at 10 p.m. EDT on iNDemand, DirecTV, Dish Network, TVN, Echostar, Bell ExpressVu and Viewers Choice Canada. The suggested retail price is $34.95.

My dialoque with Heath in Pride 12...

I see there`s an interest in the dialoque when he had me in the key lock. Well here it is....

Heath first looked up at his corner then at the ref after my arm had 3-4 popping sounds and said, "It`s cracking, it`s cracking"

He then turns to me and says,"You better tap because I`m going to break it."

I then said to him, "If you can break it then break it....it`s cool."

That was the dialogue.

Enson Inoue is crazy, but funny.