TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

Also, my brother remarked that it's a good thing our manager wasn't there, as he's very protective of my brother's wife. The last time girls tried to fight her, he was essentially choke-throwing them out of the door (think Kit Cope/Kenny Florian).

I wouldn't say I worked long enough to know a large number of them, but I guess a few would be:

- Never rat. You simply don't do it. Not to the owner, not to the cops, not to a bouncer's woman. If you have a problem with something another bouncer is doing, you bring it up with him and give him a chance to set things straight. When you're relying on other guys to have your back in a fight and vice versa, the quickest way to find yourself getting jumped with no back-up is to gain a reputation as a snitch.

- Don't bring stupid friends to the club. Anyone who you bring to the club, introduce to and ask the other bouncers to look after reflects directly on you. So if your friends are constantly annoying, shit-talking or get into fights constantly, you're an asshole for making us have to deal with them and cut them slack when we'd like nothing more than to give them a quick punch to the mouth.

- Treat another bouncer's girl like you would a little sister. You watch out for her and keep her out of trouble while never letting any weird sexual tension cause you to do anything stupid. This however, does NOT apply to the owner's or the DJs' girls, especially if they and/or their man are annoying.

I'll probably add more later.

Also, though I realize this shit isn't MMA related, I feel like I can only share these stories with you guys, as any random poster on the site would likely think of me as a giant, self-fellating bullshitter.

YER MA BOYS!

So my roommate last night somehow managed to party with Bas Rutten, The Crow and Babalu as they were all in town for the Paradise Warriors Retreat at Kombat Arts. I could've gone but I hate clubs.

I know he doesn't read this forum but fuck you Mike.

EliteXC, November 8th, Location TBD but rumored to be New Mexico

Joey Villasenor vs Robbie Lawler for EliteXC Middleweight Title

They need to make Lawler Vs. Cung Le ASAP.

No way they'll give Le that tough of a test in his first title defense.

But apparently according to the n00bs and Le himself, Cung Le can give Anderson Silva troubles... So why doesn't he prove it against a top ranked MW like Lawler?

The infamous Chute boxe vs. Bennett backstage brawl:

So I guess he didn't knock out Wanderlei after all. Still, this is pretty hardcore and barbaric to just let the two guys go at it till one of them just gets choked unconscious, without any attempt at some sort of conflict resolution. Not that I'm complaining, but it is what it is.

So what exactly started it? Was someone talking shit, or was it some kind of bet like "That BJJ shit won't work outside tha ring homie" type bullshit or what?

I think Bennett was talking shit because Dan Henderson just beat Murilo, talking about Americans>Brazilians and obviously Chute Boxe didn't take too kindly to that. Anyway, rather than just shit talk, he ambushed Cristiano Marcello and the other guys just let it go on.

YPOV- Would the timeline work out on Krazy Horse being in PRIDE when Ninja/Hendo went down? His first show was Bushido 3 or 4 and that was quite some time after the NYE shows with Danny vs Ninja.

EliteXC, November 8th, Location TBD but rumored to be New Mexico

Joey Villasenor vs Robbie Lawler for EliteXC Middleweight Title

Nick Diaz vs Eddie Alvarez for the vacant LW belt

Masato wins the K-1 World MAX 2008 championship, beating Artur Kyschenko after four rounds by decision. I'll be back tomorrow or this weekend with the full results and my thoughts.