• Lakers in 4
    • Celtics in 5
    • Lakers in 5
    • Celtics in 6
    • Lakers in 6
    • Celtics in 7
    • Lakers in 7

Crockett Cup?

Well, in this particular instance it was the recently discussed GAB 92 tag tournament when he went on about MVC being underseed just like "U of L" were in some year.

Steven A Smith just said Kobe can shut down Paul Pierce so there is nothing to worry about there.

How did he get a job again?

Steven A Smith just said Kobe can shut down Paul Pierce so there is nothing to worry about there.

How did he get a job again?

He has an opinion and he's not afraid to scream it at the top of his lungs.

Yeah...bitchass being in pain and shit when his knee went the wrong direction.

Anyway, does Doc know that Rajon Rondo plays for him? Because...yeah....its time to pull Cassell.

His knee was fine. When he got to the lockerroom he was walking. I'm sorry, but your knee goes wrong and shit and you ain't walking like two minutes later.

I think it's funny that the Lakers are suddenly being called for all their over-the-back stuff that was never getting called against the Spurs. Just dropped in to say that.

This game has quickly devolved into a horrible shooting-off. This game would be over if Garnett would actually just do more than pull up and miss jump shots. You're 7 feet tall, man. Do something with that.

His knee was fine. When he got to the lockerroom he was walking. I'm sorry, but your knee goes wrong and shit and you ain't walking like two minutes later.

You have never sprained your knee...have you?

And Garnett really needs to go to the fucking rim. he is getting by guys and pulling up for no reason what so fucking ever.

Yeah, if you sprain something, it may swell up on you in the days following and cause you to miss some time, but guys re-enter games all the time after spraining ankles and knees.

He was good enough to play. Carried off the court? Are you fucking kidding me? I've sprained my ankle and you don't stay on the ground and start crying. If it was a severe sprain maybe, but he came back, so it wasn't.

I think it's funny that the Lakers are suddenly being called for all their over-the-back stuff that was never getting called against the Spurs. Just dropped in to say that.

Thank god -- Pau Gasol would have about 30 rebounds by now. I've never seen a team this bad at rebounding schemes, so late in the playoffs. Everyone in that frontcourt just has no idea when the shot is going up. Kobe, Fisher and Sasha have been reduced to jump-shots, which you would think would help guys like Gasol, Odom and Turiaf get in front of fucking non-jumping P.J. Brown. Just a bad performance all around.

How has Sam Cassell regressed into such a black hole on offense? He looked damn good in Los Angeles last season and I had figured he would translate well to Boston.

He was good enough to play. Carried off the court? Are you fucking kidding me? I've sprained my ankle and you don't stay on the ground and start crying. If it was a severe sprain maybe, but he came back, so it wasn't.

Dude, when you sprain your ankle you can't walk on it at first. there is a reason for it to be called walk it off. Now imagine if you are worth, oh, I don't know, 20 million dollars or so. He tried to stand, he couldn't they took him to the back. Jesus. You act like he got put in a halo while crying for his mother. A sprained knee fucking hurts. So he showed pain.

The Lakers shot themselves out of that one. It's okay. When Kobe has the ball, it's best not to stand around and force him to make a terrible decision. I hope Phil rakes them all over the coals.

But at the same time, they did much better on the defensive end than I thought they would. So that's something to be happy about.

Dude, when you sprain your ankle you can't walk on it at first. there is a reason for it to be called walk it off. Now imagine if you are worth, oh, I don't know, 20 million dollars or so. He tried to stand, he couldn't they took him to the back. Jesus. You act like he got put in a halo while crying for his mother. A sprained knee fucking hurts. So he showed pain.

The way he made it look, you would've thought he was out for the season. He could've at least limped back with his teammates. That shit was an exaggeration cause he finished the game fine. Be a man like 'Zo. He like tore his leg and he's like "get off me". Pierce probably has a mild sprain at most and he's like "OH MY GOD! AHHHHH!" like he got shot. It wasn't that bad. Did you even see the injury? It didn't even look that bad when it happened.

He said he felt his knee pop. You don't get right back up after that.

I never realized that Pau Gasol sucked that much at rebounding.

Edited by KingPK

Garnett took himself out of the game when he kept going back to his jumper. Odom struggled to defend him even with bad shot selection, and he's going to stay in foul trouble all series long if he's going to defend that and give up a rebound being out of position. Give Garnett his points out of the paint and hope he doesn't wise up and realize he can terrorize the Lakers' frontline 3-5 feet from the basket.

We're having tornado weather here, so I had to play the whole "We're sorry to interrupt the game, but....." business for most of the first half before the stupid ass TV station got wise and put the game on one of their other channels.

Fun game to watch, I think Pierce was trying to get a little Willis Reed going there. He sure did energize the Celtics and the crowd when he returned.

This was a good game, but I think game 2 will be the overall more telling game. I want to see how Jackson and LA respond, and I want to see what adjustments (if any) Doc makes.

I'm just afraid of the Celtics winning game 1 and 2 and then losing 3 straight in LA and being totally demoralized for game 6 (thus all the lakers in 6 predictions from people).

*PS* Funny weather story. The CBS affiliate here interrupted the final four to talk about severe thunderstorms (they weren't even tornadoes) and thus we missed a lot of both games. The actually issued a public apology on Sunday's newscast because they got so much hate mail and so many angry calls.

I know Phil Jackson has done this 4th quarter strategy for years, namely resting a star player until a certain point and putting him back in. Thing is, this Lakers team isn't really so good that they can come back in a road game without Kobe in there.

If only the Lakers hadn't made a push when Kobe went out, and the Lakers had not made runs in playoff games this year with Kobe on the bench.

Silly goose.

The game sucked for the most part, but I thought Pierce had blown out his ACL or hyperextended his knee with the way he was crying and had to be carried off the court and put in a wheelchair like his lower leg was no longer connected or that he was going to be out for the start of next season. Needless to say him coming back 5 minutes later was almost as pathetic as the Lakers' jumpshots tonight. I just don't see how a guy that big has such a low pain threshold since he did something very similar in the Cavs game where he was bumped at the end of the first half I think.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, that was a total wuss act by him there, or just an act period. Really kind of stupid.

I enjoyed the game, even though the Celtics won. It's going to be a hard-fought, physical series from the looks of it so far.