We'll use this thread. Here's the schedule

Boston 98, LA Lakers 88

Boston 108, LA Lakers 102

LA Lakers 87, Boston 81

Boston 97, LA Lakers 91

LA Lakers 103, Boston 98, Boston leads 3-2

Tue, June 17: @ Boston, 9:00

*Thu, June 19: @ Boston, 9:00

I'll never understand why the NBA doesn't just use the 2-3-2 scheduling for the whole playoffs. And there's STILL a day off between every game (TWO between games 1 and 2!). What the hell?

I honestly don't mind either team winning but I guess I'd rather see Garnett and Pierce get a ring than Kobe get his 4th and 1st post-Shaq.

I'm agreeing with Dama. *shocka!*

My heart wants Boston, but my head says LA.

I picked the Lakers in 6. I watched a few of the WCF games and like I said, the Lakers just scare me. They are firing on all cylinders right now (though it seems like Boston may be starting to do the same and the days off should really help).

I voted for Boston in 7. The Lakers have had home court in every round thus far but won't have it in this series. It's like on one hand I'd like to see Jackson get his 10th, but a part of me thinks Kobe needs a bit of a humbling this year (then he can win a title or two later).

Lakers in five. Not having home court won't be an issue...Lakers will take Game 1, win their three home games. Series over.

Celtics in 6. I figure Kobe's good for two game-winning shots but KG and Pierce (Featuring Ray Allen) will roll through and win.

Lakers in five. Not having home court won't be an issue...Lakers will take Game 1, win their three home games. Series over.

That's exactly how I think it'll play out.

And no, I'm not DOIN' IT FOR THE CONFERENCE. I like KG, but I wanna see Kobe get his 1st ring without Shaq (I won't be mad if Boston wins though).

Guest Desensitized

I think the Lakers will win, by the way. Kobe Bryant really jerked the Bulls around, and I resent that, but this team is so much less odious than the 2004 iteration that practically begged to be punctured and deflated. Phil Jackson will coach rings around Doc Rivers, the Celtics will be inconsistent, and we'll get the WLWWW pattern everyone expected. (Alternatively, the crooked refs will prolong the series to seven games.) Anyway, go Lakers: I really don't want further sporting joy being brought to the lives of Bill Simmons and Boon. I refuse to DO IT FOR THE CONFERENCE and root for the Celtics. I was willing to root for the Pistons, but I have a Rasheed Wallace man-crush.

I don't care who wins, but I won't mind seeing the Lakers take it. I despised them during the Shaq era, but it's difficult to dislike them now since it's such a different cast of characters. I've never been anti-Kobe, so that isn't an issue. I'd rather see a rapist get another ring than Posey.

g0169881yk8.jpg

All I can say is that the Lakers scare me to death.

I played this game on the PC for hours upon hours when I was a teenager. It had the Sonics instead of the Spurs.

Anyway, Lakers in 5. Celtics have the better frontcourt (though not by a huge amount), but the Lakers' backcourt, bench and coaching are just miles better than the Celtics.

For whatever reason I am just having a feeling of cognitive dissonance over the Lakers, as in I can't really figure how they are this great all of a sudden. I think that Jackson may get his 10th and Kobe his 4th but it might happen next year.

The simple answer is that the addition of Gasol lets Odom take a back seat on offense and for whatever reason he does not seem to accept the idea that he could easily be a 20 & 10 guy if he was more aggressive. The bench has more confidence when they play and Kobe realizes that he doesn't need to shoot 40 times to get W's. They're basically set to succeed for another 4 years or so, when I expect that Kobe's game finally starts to fall off.

Only Czechers can take a team that finished 11th in the conference and work them into a discussion about the finals. Points for epic narcissism.

Lakers in 6.

Pierce plays pretty well against Kobe on both ends, and he always seems to have big games when he returns home to California. Both teams have good depth and some energetic young players, I'm not ready to call a winner yet, but I think this is going to be a really good series

Pierce plays pretty well against Kobe on both ends, and he always seems to have big games when he returns home to California. Both teams have good depth and some energetic young players, I'm not ready to call a winner yet, but I think this is going to be a really good series

I think the Lakers will win, by the way. Kobe Bryant really jerked the Bulls around, and I resent that, but this team is so much less odious than the 2004 iteration that practically begged to be punctured and deflated. Phil Jackson will coach rings around Doc Rivers, the Celtics will be inconsistent, and we'll get the WLWWW pattern everyone expected. (Alternatively, the crooked refs will prolong the series to seven games.) Anyway, go Lakers: I really don't want further sporting joy being brought to the lives of Bill Simmons and Boon. I refuse to DO IT FOR THE CONFERENCE and root for the Celtics. I was willing to root for the Pistons, but I have a Rasheed Wallace man-crush.

First off, nothing personal. I'm not trying to start an argument. But the Pistons? You say you resent Kobe for jerking around the Bulls, butyou'd root for their biggest division rivals? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Guest Desensitized
Only Czechers can take a team that finished 11th in the conference and work them into a discussion about the finals. Points for epic narcissism.

Kobe was widely rumored to be traded to the Bulls. He was not, and thus the Bulls fell apart and the Lakers won the conference. I'm hardly contorting myself to invoke the Bulls in a discussion of Kobe Bryant. Points for being another smug bastard east of the Hudson River.

I can't help myself, Matt. I think Rasheed Wallace is really great. I also like the little coin sound that they play when someone makes a free throw. That asshat working public address, I will not defend. I still wish awful things would happen to the Knicks and Heat, but I can't muster up any great deal of acrimony for the Pistons.

Chong makes a good point, too: fuck James Posey. Now there's one of basketball's cocksuckers right there. I hope Kobe knees him in the nuts.

I personally think the Pistons are a better team than the Lakers and since the Celts were able to beat the Pistons then why can't they beat the Lakers too? I say Celts in 6

I personally think the Pistons are a better team than the Lakers and since the Celts were able to beat the Pistons then why can't they beat the Lakers too?

well, phil jackson is smarter than flip saunders. and kobe's much scarier in close game situations than anybody on the pistons.

Guest Desensitized

Technical foul on Fridge for abuse of the transitive property!