• Celtics in 4
    • Lakers in 4
    • Celtics in 5
    • Lakers in 5
    • Celtics in 6
    • Lakers in 6
    • Celtics in 7
    • Lakers in 7

In Dama's defense, Matt, the fact that you included "and I don't recall you ever publicly supporting them before this season" gave the impression that you were trying to call him out on bandwagon jumping. I don't think you were, but I can see why someone would interpret your question as more than a simple "why?"

Understandable. But for the record, I've always been a Dama supporter and one of the few who recommended bringing him back here, so I didn't mean to start any conflict.

Is it just me or has everyone seemed to forgotten that Paul Pierce was a defensive beast when he first got in the league and then kinda just...stopped playing it. For a while there though, he was a monster. THen he became the obviously best player on the team and kinda said "fuck that defense stuff".

Congrats to KG and Ray for picking up their first rings in a couple of days. But fuck Paul Pierce. He has now usurped LeBron and Nash as my least favorite player in the NBA. I can't stand when talented guys flop around and whine like bitches all the time. Leave that shit to the Europeans and Manu.

If only Pierce was as stoic as Kobe Bryant ... that guy never whines or complains about calls.

Notice I said flop AND whine. One of the two is bad enough, but when a guy does both consistently I just want to kick him in the balls. Hence the hate for the three guys I mentioned, the Europeans and Manu.

When does Lebron Flop?

Or whine for that matter?

Did you see him play at all against the Celtics this postseason? I almost didn't realize how much Pierce flopped because LeBron was outflopping him. On a more serious note, whenever he drives to the hoop and the lane doesn't part like the Red Sea he bumps into a defender and flails his arms wildly and acts like they're capable of knocking him down with a glance when he's running at full speed to the rim. Dude is like 6'8 260, the only person who should be able to blow him up like that is Shaq. If you've never seen LeBron whine about fouls, then you've never watched a Cavs game since he got there.

NBA All-Flop & Whine Team

G - Steve Nash

G - Manu Ginobili

F - Paul Pierce

F - LeBron James

C - Tim Duncan

Coach - Popovich

Popovich over D'Antoni?

You're nuts.

I forgot all about D'Antoni at the time. I'm not looking forward to seeing his mug at every Knicks game this season.

When does Lebron Flop?

LeBron-James-Likes-To-Flop.jpg

I'm not sure that's a flop. Looks more like he feels the power of God entering his body and he's preparing to turn into a Blues Brother.

Is it just me or has everyone seemed to forgotten that Paul Pierce was a defensive beast when he first got in the league and then kinda just...stopped playing it. For a while there though, he was a monster. THen he became the obviously best player on the team and kinda said "fuck that defense stuff".

I think alot of that had to do with playing beside Antoine Walker who also had no desire to play any kind of defense what-so-ever. Antoine will always be my favorite Celtic player ever but the guy just wanted to push the ball and take shots alot of the time...I think that rubbed off on Paul when he came into the league.

Pierce was also the only offensive weapon the Celtics had not named Al Jefferson for a while. It's easier to play great defense when you don't have to expend as much energy on the other end of the floor.

So tonight could be the night for a championship. It'll be something for Doc winning on father's day much like Jordan in 96. With that said, let the Celtics end it tonight and the Big 3 plus Doc get their first rings.

You are about to see a performance and a half out of Kobe. This is going to be an enjoyable game, period.

I am finding myself wanting the Celtics to hurry up and shoot so that Kobe can get the ball again on the other end.

I want the Celtics to win and all, but I would rather watch Kobe play like desperate Kobe.

Why the fuck are they playing Thriller?

Wow Celtics. Way to totally not try on defense in that quarter. I guess they want to win it in Boston and they're taking game 5 off. I should've expected as much.

IF the Lakers manage to win this game there's no doubt in my mind that they will have every opportunity to do so in Game 6. Basically, the refs will do whatever they can within reason to make sure LA has a shot to force a Game 7.

Didn't LeBron get swept last year in the Finals and look rather pedestrian (.356 FG%/.200 3PFG%/.690 FT%)? You can't have one series be the decisive margin between two guys when they're not playing each other.

HAHA.

They praise Kobe getting a great defensive play while watching the replay of him not touching the ball and grabbing Pierce around the waist. LOL.

Not that they should call that a foul. Its not a biggie, its just that the annoucers had the nerves to call it a good clean play.