• Celtics in 4
    • Lakers in 4
    • Celtics in 5
    • Lakers in 5
    • Celtics in 6
    • Lakers in 6
    • Celtics in 7
    • Lakers in 7

BOW TO SHUTTLESWORTH FOR HE IS YOUR SAVIOR!

Here's how stupid I am: I did the whole "Turn the TV down and listen to the radio call" thing in the first half, but that half just turned my gut and I turned the radio off at halftime. I decided to watch the second half to see if they could at least make it a game and when it got to single digits I rose to turn the radio back on but I actually said to myself "No, I don't want to jinx this." Yeah, I'm an idiot. Of course, the radio call is like 5 seconds ahead of the TV feed so it's really weird.

Please get Radmanovich out of there, Phil.

Seriously Phil, did you and Doc switch minds or some shit? Every time a big run happens is because that useless turd has been on the floor for too long stinking it up on D.

I knew The Lakers were going to win game 4 so I didn't bother watching at 9:30. When I see the ticker and The Lakers were up by 19, I knew I was right. At 11:50 I turn to the NBA channel expecting victorious post game comments from Kobe and the like and what do I see, the !@#$%^& Lakers lost the !@##$%^*^% game!

THEY LOST THE MOTHER!@#$%^& GAME.

I am not a Lakers fan so it won't hurt me if they lose, but what will hurt is seeing Boston win a title. The only great thing about this circumstance is the following.

The phrase " Moment of truth" is often used but when that circumstance truly arrives in sports it often produces great results. We have heard this year that Kobe is " As good" as Jordan was at this stage or even more boldly in the minds of some " Better than Jordan was". With this loss of historic proportions, Bryant gets to answer the question definitively, namely is he the next Jordan?

The premise is simple; carry The Lakers to 3 straight wins( 2 in Boston no less) and he claims the mantle as the next Jordan. Conversly, if The Lakers lose all of this comparison to his airness was media hype that was completely undeserved.

Congrats to KG and Ray for picking up their first rings in a couple of days. But fuck Paul Pierce. He has now usurped LeBron and Nash as my least favorite player in the NBA. I can't stand when talented guys flop around and whine like bitches all the time. Leave that shit to the Europeans and Manu.

When the Lakers were up by 23 or so I was going to be an asshole and post that it didn't matter because the score would be tied with 5 minutes to go.

and that's why you'll always be a randomguy

I'd be pretty surprised if this series went back to Boston. Hopefully Ray has himself another good game, I would love to see him win the Finals MVP.

I'm all for Ray Allen for Finals MVP, but it won't happen.

He'll get screwed out of it, just like the All Star game.

Fucking a'! This is awesome.

I was at work and I was on my break and it was 70-50. I was like "son of a bitch". I took another bathroom break and saw it was 75-75 and I started getting excited. I went back and told the guys in my training class and they all hated the Lakers too and everyone got excited.

We asked our trainer to ask his gf out on the floor, through instant messenger, what the score of the game was. It flashes across the screen "97-91 Boston won" and a huge cheer exploded throughout our training room.

I hope the Celtics go ahead and close it out Sunday.

So according to some dude on ESPN.com you can't be a real Celtics fan unless you were born before 1979. I hate it when people try to impose limits like that on fandom.

"I really like this team."

"No you can't. You weren't born before 79."

"But, I really really enjoy watching them play. I like their uniforms, players, history, everything. I love this team."

"Sorry. Shuffle those feelings away. You're too young."

When the Lakers were up by 23 or so I was going to be an asshole and post that it didn't matter because the score would be tied with 5 minutes to go.

and that's why you'll always be a randomguy

Because I'm an asshole, or not enough of an asshole?

As far as flopping and such, what annoys me is even the announcers constantly say shit like "he sold that well!" Can't one of them rant about how real men don't flop or something? The ex-coaches and ex-players are the worst, every time a guy flops they congratulate him on his fine performance.

The NBA has a real problem with lack of balls. Everyone has to sell that the NBA is awesome, even when it's stupid.

Definitely not going to whine and complain, but I'll call the Celtics champions when they close it out.

I still believe.

Congrats to KG and Ray for picking up their first rings in a couple of days. But fuck Paul Pierce. He has now usurped LeBron and Nash as my least favorite player in the NBA. I can't stand when talented guys flop around and whine like bitches all the time. Leave that shit to the Europeans and Manu.

If only Pierce was as stoic as Kobe Bryant ... that guy never whines or complains about calls.

Pierce is getting the MVP, that much should be obvious. That whole injured for two minutes and then returning and scoring 15 points in game 1 deal all but sealed it. The NBA loves stories like that shit.

Really, why Pierce should get the MVP is that he's playing the best defense of his life at the biggest moment. Guy fucking d'ed up Kobe last night. Hard.

Also, I couldn't believe anyone was saying Kobe was as good as Jordan before this series began, but if anyone is still saying it now they really need to come to grips with reality.

Yeah, I don't ever remember an MJ team blowing a 24-point lead at home during a must-win game. Hell, I don't know that I remember an MJ team blowing a 24-point lead in any game -- playoff, regular season, exhibition, offseason pickup game, whatever.

Maybe he just hates LA? I mean, I live in the middle of the country and I like the Knicks, Mets, Bills and NY Rangers...

I will agree that I've never seen him support Boston before, however.

Dama, how did you become a Celtics fan? You live halfway across the country from Boston and I don't recall you eve publicly supporting them before this season.

Oh don't bring that shit in here. I've said before in other threads I liked them. I said last season I liked them and it sucked because they were never on TV. I've said before I've gone to Hornets games just to see the Celtics. Don't bring any of that questioning my fanhood crap in here MY.

If you really want to know how I became a Celtics fan though? It's kind of embarassing. I like the history and I love me some Larry Bird (call it white person inferiority or whatever). But, I started liking those things after I started watching the Celtics.

I was a little kid, I started watching basketball and had nobody to root for. I was like 7, I picked the Celtics because my favorite color was green. I said "Hey those guys have green uniforms." Then as I grew older and started learning about the team and the history I just liked them more and more.

All my fanhood of teams starts with one small thing, as I imagine it does for everyone that doesn't live close to their teams. I only started liking the Eagles because of Randall Cunningham. The Red Sox because my brother was a Cubs fan and I picked the other futile team in the majors at the time (obviously not futile anymore).

Besides there aren't any pro-teams in Oklahoma. And since my dad was a diehard Cowboys fan I began to dislike all things Texas-related.

But, I haven't questioned anyone on this boards Lakers fandom so don't question my Celtics fandom.

eh you're right actually, my father's side is from New York, so I guess that gives me the right...of course that doesn't explain why I like the Bills rather than the Giants and Jets. I have no idea why, really.

You like the Bills because you love Leena. ;)

And no need to get defensive, good ol' J.R. I never criticized you. I just asked. And if you're referring to mewith your Lakers "fandom" remark, I live in California. Besides, the Bulls are still far and away my favorite team.

You like the Bills because you love Leena. ;)

And no need to get defensive, good ol' J.R. I never criticized you. I just asked. And if you're referring to mewith your Lakers "fandom" remark, I live in California. Besides, the Bulls are still far and away my favorite team.

I wasn't mentioning you. I was just saying I've never questioned anyone on here's fandom (except maybe cartman with USC) so don't question mine.