TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE Raw (6/2/2008)

I find myself pulling for Hardy here in this match alot. Cena just seems the natural heel right now.

Fuck that noise. Even those Cena against HHH makes more sense than Hardy/HHH at this stage, I thought them doing a Hardy/Cena/HHH match for the belt would have been better. That finish pissed me off, I was crossing my fingers for a Hardy reversal of the FU, but it didn't happen. The fans, though, continue to show they really want Hardy up there in that title role spot again, as it was a much stronger pro-Hardy crowd by the end of it than I expected.

Really entertaining Raw tonight, great follow up from the ppv.

There's still a few weeks left. They can pull a Shawn Michaels from Wrestlemania XX. HHH and Cena have a contract signing, and Jeff Hardy comes down, knocks out Cena and signs his name leading to a three-way. Cena gets pissed and heels up.

There's still a few weeks left. They can pull a Shawn Michaels from Wrestlemania XX. HHH and Cena have a contract signing, and Jeff Hardy comes down, knocks out Cena and signs his name leading to a three-way. Cena gets pissed and heels up.

Eh, Hardy did the clean job there, that seems to be the company saying "not yet" regarding him. Him being thrown into the mix just wouldn't make sense given the finish.

Eh, Hardy did the clean job there, that seems to be the company saying "not yet" regarding him. Him being thrown into the mix just wouldn't make sense given the finish.

I'm not saying they would do that, in fact I hope he never sniffs the title, as I can't stand Hardy (never been a fan of the guy). Just saying that there are a few weeks left, and they can always do something to make it a three-way and save the one on one HHH/Cena for later on.

I think Jeff is headed to Smackdown to eventually feud with Edge, which is why he lost clean here tonight.

Could very well be true.

This is what happens when there is literally nothing else you can do with a main event scene. All the heels are either hurt or jobbed out (Orton, JBL, Umaga) and they need a lame duck match until the draft show. But HHH vs. Cena? Is this how little they think of Cena right now, that he's just a lame duck placeholder challenger until they do the draft on the 29th? Cause I can't really see a title change on such a whatever PPV, particularly with HHH likely wanting a job back from all the times he's put Cena over.

This is what happens when there is literally nothing else you can do with a main event scene. All the heels are either hurt or jobbed out (Orton, JBL, Umaga) and they need a lame duck match until the draft show. But HHH vs. Cena? Is this how little they think of Cena right now, that he's just a lame duck placeholder challenger until they do the draft on the 29th? Cause I can't really see a title change on such a whatever PPV, particularly with HHH likely wanting a job back from all the times he's put Cena over.

Well, they do have a month to build the match as something big, its nice to see them throwing out a big time match as the main event for the next show, since I honestly didnt want to wait til SummerSlam to see that match anyway.

And the draft is the week before this next ppv, so it will be interesting to see what else they build on this card ahead versus pulling out last minute booked matches based on the draft switches.

I think Jeff is headed to Smackdown to eventually feud with Edge, which is why he lost clean here tonight.

I would enjoy that feud. Much better suited for Jeff. I'd expect him to win the title in their first match, by Matt screwing Edge, but maybe they don't want him to have a title because of his suspensions.

Fuck Jeff. I mean, I was really rooting for the guy, but I just can't afford to put my faith in him right now. Not for a while. His employer should probably feel the same tenfold.

Matt Hardy vs. Edge is where it's at for me. I really want to see that World Title program.

Do you really think the WWE will give Matt the world title feud? I know it makes sense, I know it would be good, but all that's irrelevant. The WWE has had countless chances to give Matt that shot, and they never have. They've even given Jeff the push that his brother's never gotten. And Matt's been in this company since, what, 1996? I hope I'm wrong, but I just think it's unlikely that they'll ever give him that shot.

Meanwhile, who else has Smackdown got for a top babyface? Batista? Well, you objected to the idea of it being Jeff because he sometimes does drugs, so I can't imagine you'd accept The Anabolic Animal. Finlay? He and Horneswaggle are essentially Doink & Dink 2K8. Punk? Maybe, but he hasn't been drafted yet, and he's unproven in that level of push. Jericho? Not with the weird way he's been acting recently, half loathesome heel and half "my emotions will not permit me to hit you with this chair". Umaga? I can't see them pushing a guy who "can't speak English" as a babyface title contender. So who else is left for the spot? Jeff is just about the best choice they have, unless they do something wacky like draft Cena to Smackdown.

Hardy's not going anywhere close to the PPV main events ever again. One more drug failure and he's fired. No way WWE is risking that.

Do you really think the WWE will give Matt the world title feud? I know it makes sense, I know it would be good, but all that's irrelevant. The WWE has had countless chances to give Matt that shot, and they never have. They've even given Jeff the push that his brother's never gotten. And Matt's been in this company since, what, 1996? I hope I'm wrong, but I just think it's unlikely that they'll ever give him that shot.

Meanwhile, who else has Smackdown got for a top babyface? Batista? Well, you objected to the idea of it being Jeff because he sometimes does drugs, so I can't imagine you'd accept The Anabolic Animal. Finlay? He and Horneswaggle are essentially Doink & Dink 2K8. Punk? Maybe, but he hasn't been drafted yet, and he's unproven in that level of push. Jericho? Not with the weird way he's been acting recently, half loathesome heel and half "my emotions will not permit me to hit you with this chair". Umaga? I can't see them pushing a guy who "can't speak English" as a babyface title contender. So who else is left for the spot? Jeff is just about the best choice they have, unless they do something wacky like draft Cena to Smackdown.

Bret Hart was with the WWF for a dozen years before they let him anywhere near the WWF Championship picture, so I don't see that as a reasonable excuse for the company to never let Matt Hardy main event.

As Enigma already pointed out, Jeff one strike away from being released from his contract. Sometimes does drugs? Please.

I wouldn't accept Batista as a challenger? I never said that, but thanks for asking.

As Enigma already pointed out, Jeff one strike away from being released from his contract.

And Randy Orton seems like he should be on his fifth or sixth strike by now. The WWE bends its own rules when it feels like it.

Sometimes does drugs? Please.

Dude, come on. Just about all of them do some kind of drug. Jeff's sin is getting caught more often than others.

As Enigma already pointed out, Jeff one strike away from being released from his contract.

And Randy Orton seems like he should be on his fifth or sixth strike by now. The WWE bends its own rules when it feels like it.

Sometimes does drugs? Please.

Dude, come on. Just about all of them do some kind of drug. Jeff's sin is getting caught more often than others.

You're right. They should totally put the World Title on him.

::long, slow breath::

My point is, you seem to be implying that Jeff is some kind of shivering crackhead who would gladly steal the loose change out of your pocket in order to help fuel his massive and uncontrollable drug habit. That he cackles madly and smokes PCP during his piss tests. When the truth of the matter is simply that his drug use has become an internet punchline, and thus people have this strange opinion that Jeff is a worse drug addict than anyone else on the roster. Which is total bullshit, since just about everyone in that company uses illegal drugs. How many times has Jeff been busted for a DUI or drug charges? Many others have, but iirc he hasn't, so why is Jeff considered the big junkie of the locker room? Why is Jeff considered a worse risk to hold a world title, as opposed to guys like Orton or Chavo who've also had at least two strikes? The truth is that the running internet meme of "Jeff iz an addikt" ignores the incredibly widespread use of drugs by other performers throughout the industry. Or are you one of those guys who think that HHH, Cena, and Batista all got their physiques by saying prayers and taking vitamins?

I guess they didn't count him walking around backstage openly smoking a joint in the locker room to be a drug infraction. Although I could swear he got popped for a piss test at least one other time aside from the Signature thing as well.

Smoking a joint isn't a strike, it's just a fine.

But Orton has been suspended, or otherwise gotten in trouble, more times than anyone on the roster. He's only on one strike because they want him to be.

I think he got lucky and screwed up before they installed the 3 strike policy (that magical time between Eddy dying and Benoit killing his family) so they just ignored that stuff and started over.

He's got 9 friggin lives.