TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE Raw (6/2/2008)

::long, slow breath::

My point is, you seem to be implying that Jeff is some kind of shivering crackhead who would gladly steal the loose change out of your pocket in order to help fuel his massive and uncontrollable drug habit. That he cackles madly and smokes PCP during his piss tests. When the truth of the matter is simply that his drug use has become an internet punchline, and thus people have this strange opinion that Jeff is a worse drug addict than anyone else on the roster. Which is total bullshit, since just about everyone in that company uses illegal drugs. How many times has Jeff been busted for a DUI or drug charges? Many others have, but iirc he hasn't, so why is Jeff considered the big junkie of the locker room? Why is Jeff considered a worse risk to hold a world title, as opposed to guys like Orton or Chavo who've also had at least two strikes? The truth is that the running internet meme of "Jeff iz an addikt" ignores the incredibly widespread use of drugs by other performers throughout the industry. Or are you one of those guys who think that HHH, Cena, and Batista all got their physiques by saying prayers and taking vitamins?

Well, I could base my opinion on irrefutable facts (Jeff Hardy has violated the wellness policy twice in less than a year, is in risk of losing his job if he has one more violation, and has already been, at one time, released from the company as a result of his drug abuse) or mere assumptions (HHH, Batista and John Cena are pretty big, so that proves that they are taking illegal drugs). Sorry, got to go with the facts on this one.

Why do you keep dragging everybody except for the one guy that I suggested into this? Even if everybody else is on some shit, how does it make pushing Jeff Hardy, who, by reputation, could be gone at any second, in a leading role a good idea?

Eh, why not push Jeff anyway? Look, if he fails a drug test they can job the world title off him and fire him anyway. I don't know if I'd give him a long term title reign, but he could be fine to just freshen things up for a while in the main event scene.

I'm gonna say Mysterio comes back to fued with Edge for the title for a while. I don't see either of them moving in the draft, and Rey's dude back soon. Plus, Edge is banging Eddie's widow and we all know that Rey just LOVES Eddie.

Even if everybody else is on some shit, how does it make pushing Jeff Hardy, who, by reputation, could be gone at any second, in a leading role a good idea?

Because this company has already changed the rules when they felt like it, and already pushes guys who are on their last strike. It's clear the drug test is only meaningful when they want it to be. So why not push Jeff? Through fan popularity and merchandise sales, he's way ahead of just about anyone else they could put in that spot. He actually has a proven track record of making the company money, and if history proves anything, it's that Vince cares more about the money than he cares about what he has to do to get it.

Matt Hardy has the stigma of not being a main event guy now.

Nothing will change that.

I disagree very strongly.

I disagree with you. Matt Hardy is a career midcarder. If the Edge/Hardy stuff initially after the Lita drama didn't send him anywhere, nothing will. He doesn't have the "it" factor. He's just a bow-legged redneck that fat chicks love 'cause they think they have a shot.

Matt Hardy has the stigma of not being a main event guy now.

Nothing will change that.

I disagree very strongly.

I disagree with you. Matt Hardy is a career midcarder. If the Edge/Hardy stuff initially after the Lita drama didn't send him anywhere, nothing will. He doesn't have the "it" factor. He's just a bow-legged redneck that fat chicks love 'cause they think they have a shot.

Riiiiiight...

They could've done something with Matt. They just didn't. I mean, here they had the most perfect real-life You Fucked My Wife And Got Me Fired, And Now I'm Gonna Kill You blood feud which seemed like it could've been the single biggest event of the year. They even started it out right, with the whole symbolic feud with Kane, and Matt running in like a fan out of the crowd and the announcers trying to ignore it. But then Vince (in storyline) signed Matt back, and it had kinda the same effect as when Vince endorsed Tweener Diesel, it took something different and edgy and made it into just another segment on the show. Then they buried the feud way down in the undercard, and did retarded shit like the Summerslam match which seemed like it went about a minute and somehow had both a lame non-finish and Edge completely kicking Matt's ass in their first official match. After that, the fan interest in the angle just died. Matt went on to win a couple rematches, but nobody cared anymore. And then they ended the feud with the heel winning, sending the face over to the other brand, where he became a forgotten midcard jobber. They had a potential goldmine in that feud, and they utterly Invasioned it.

That's slighty above being the cruiserweight centerpiece heel which was his spot in the company for years when he wasn't using Eddie in some form.

They really did fuck up the Matt/Edge fued. I was in total mark mode at the beggining. Then Edge just kept kicking him in the head and basically destroyed him for the entire program. And what the hell has Matt done since the fued with MVP ended? That had potential too, even with MVP not being able to wrestle for a long ass time. It stretched the fued out and made the blowoff something people really wanted to see. Then when it actually happened, Matt just won the US title and did nothing.

As for putting the title on Jeff, if he got busted while champ it wouldn't be any different then the 100's of times the belt has been vacated before, for various reasons.

The difference with that though is that they KNOW they'll have that problem with one more bad drop of pee. And then the belt's not just vacated...but the guy that you just put on top of your company doesn't even work for you anymore...and you knew it was a strong possability when you made the call.

My point is, you seem to be implying that Jeff is some kind of shivering crackhead who would gladly steal the loose change out of your pocket in order to help fuel his massive and uncontrollable drug habit. That he cackles madly and smokes PCP during his piss tests. When the truth of the matter is simply that his drug use has become an internet punchline, and thus people have this strange opinion that Jeff is a worse drug addict than anyone else on the roster. Which is total bullshit, since just about everyone in that company uses illegal drugs. How many times has Jeff been busted for a DUI or drug charges? Many others have, but iirc he hasn't, so why is Jeff considered the big junkie of the locker room? Why is Jeff considered a worse risk to hold a world title, as opposed to guys like Orton or Chavo who've also had at least two strikes? The truth is that the running internet meme of "Jeff iz an addikt" ignores the incredibly widespread use of drugs by other performers throughout the industry. Or are you one of those guys who think that HHH, Cena, and Batista all got their physiques by saying prayers and taking vitamins?

Well, I could base my opinion on irrefutable facts (Jeff Hardy has violated the wellness policy twice in less than a year, is in risk of losing his job if he has one more violation, and has already been, at one time, released from the company as a result of his drug abuse) or mere assumptions (HHH, Batista and John Cena are pretty big, so that proves that they are taking illegal drugs). Sorry, got to go with the facts on this one.

Why do you keep dragging everybody except for the one guy that I suggested into this? Even if everybody else is on some shit, how does it make pushing Jeff Hardy, who, by reputation, could be gone at any second, in a leading role a good idea?

Because you made to much sense.

I guess they didn't count him walking around backstage openly smoking a joint in the locker room to be a drug infraction.
Although I could swear he got popped for a piss test at least one other time aside from the Signature thing as well.

Weed is only a 1000 dollar fine, unless you're a moron who gets pulled over by the cops, while holding the top title in the company.

Because you made to much sense.

Way to elaborate.

According to Meltz, the RAW rating was a 3.1. That's awful, after their big announcement and all.

It was the NHL game. WWE didn't stand a chance. Gas prices are high as well.

I wonder what will be their excuse if they draw the same number or lower after next week's show?

You know, I registered for the million dollar giveaway on wwe.com but am going on vacation tomorrow and won't be back until the 14th. What if by some one in a million chance Vince calls me and I'm not even at home? I'm probably the only person who registered that doesn't want the call, at least not this coming week.

And what the hell has Matt done since the fued with MVP ended? That had potential too, even with MVP not being able to wrestle for a long ass time. It stretched the fued out and made the blowoff something people really wanted to see. Then when it actually happened, Matt just won the US title and did nothing.

Matt Hardy Vs. MVP was one of the worst booked feuds ever. They got left off Wrestlemania for time constraints bullshit, then there was no build-up video used that I know, and they were the first match on the Backlash PPV with Matt Hardy just winning the title right away. I was expecting MVP to get a DQ win with Matt Hardy finally winning the title the following month at Judgment Day in a Ladder match or something. Sigh.

Matt only had a couple weeks to come back before WM and re-build a dead feud, it was better for Matt to return at WM and screw MVP out of the MITB and get over from that. The injury killed the momentum and it wouldn't have reached the level it was at after months of build. WWE knew that and just put a end to it instead of spending more time with it. Give them credit for even bothering to give the feud a conclusion.