TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Server Move / Downtime

This next week, I am relocating the server due to price increases of literally 50% .... this is due to energy cost

The new facility will not be much different, however does offer a better "central" geologic location being in Dallas instead of Houston. The move will start Monday & be complete hopefully Wednesday. I will keep everyone posted and starting Monday do expect some down time, especially when the server is in the car on the way to Dallas, since its not wireless.

is that why this badboy has been slow and fucking up all day?

why you all moving to dallas anyway? ain't nuthin but steers and queers and i don't wanna associate with no faggy board

Slow... Yes the past week I have been doing a lot to prepare, backups etc. Once it gets settled in by the end of this week things should be running pretty quickly.

Server is up in the Dallas area! It took its time, stopped for dinner, then had some indigestion afterwards... Next and final move is to its new rack, which is currently scheduled for Wednesday afternoon.

Just on schedule, I will be moving the backup server in the new data center in a few hours & either late tonight or tomorrow afternoon I will be moving the main server as well. Expect downtime of about 1-2 hours for the drive from Fort Worth to Dallas.

Servers move is complete! Now its just tweaking things from here...