TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Maztinho

ANOTHER FIGHT INSIDE~!

Strawberry rhubarb pie is awesome. My dad grows rhubarb in his garden specifically so my mom can make strawberry rhubarb pie.

I have to go with pie. Cake's good, but I'm going to have to go with pie. The aforementioned strawberry rhubarb, key lime, lemon meningue, apple, chocolate pudding pie.

I didn't know anyone over the age of 11 still called it poontang pie.

I don't know anybody at the age of 11 or under that talks about sex at all... I must be out of touch; or maybe you've been hanging out with some very advanced eleven year olds...

Guest Tzar Lysergic
What would cheesecake be classified as? I mean yes, it has cake in the name, but it definately comes off more pie-like if you ask me

Mike brings up a fascinating debate here. I've never thought about it. Cheesecake is a pie!

What would cheesecake be classified as? I mean yes, it has cake in the name, but it definately comes off more pie-like if you ask me

Mike brings up a fascinating debate here. I've never thought about it. Cheesecake is a pie!

If you pie-eaters try to use cheesecake as leverage to convert me, I swear to fucking god...

I agree. Crust = pie. Use of the the term "pizza pie" proves this.

If you pie-eaters try to use pizza as leverage to convert me, I swear to fucking god...

Brody made a comment in Boardloaf about pie which got me thinking about where we as a forum stand on this hot-button issue.

For me it's pie. I don't dislike cake but I find it too dense and thick sometimes. Plus I'll take a nice, flaky crust over sugary-as-fuck icing any day.

I swear we had this topic before. Anyways, I'll go with cake here. Maybe it's just my unsophisticated tastes, but pie's just "OK" to me (except for egg custard pie, but that's kinda different).

Guest Czecherbear

Well, some cakes are great, like angel food cake, or pound cake. Oh sweet Jesus, I found this barbecue place near Waukegan with the best pound cake I've ever had. Best everything I've had, but that's for another time. Birthday cake and cakes like that? I have no use for those whatsoever. The cake itself is fine, but all that frosting is just extraneous. Who can eat all that? Why would anyone? Now a pie delivers. Nothing extraneous about a pie. Just lots of what you need and none of what you don't. I don't have birthday cakes anymore; I have birthday pies. Usually pumpkin or cheesecake, being in December, but this year I'm going lemon meringue. It was that or banana cream, always a tough call. Too bad key lime's out of season. Oh well. That's what June is for.

Well, some cakes are great, like angel food cake, or pound cake. Oh sweet Jesus, I found this barbecue place near Waukegan with the best pound cake I've ever had. Best everything I've had, but that's for another time. Birthday cake and cakes like that? I have no use for those whatsoever. The cake itself is fine, but all that frosting is just extraneous. Who can eat all that? Why would anyone? Now a pie delivers. Nothing extraneous about a pie. Just lots of what you need and none of what you don't. I don't have birthday cakes anymore; I have birthday pies. Usually pumpkin or cheesecake, being in December, but this year I'm going lemon meringue. It was that or banana cream, always a tough call. Too bad key lime's out of season. Oh well. That's what June is for.

I'm with you on the frosting thing, people usually fight for a corner piece, I like a middle section since it's got less frosting on it, the one exception is like I mentioned earlier when I first made this thing is German Chocolate Cake since I love me some coconut.

Pies can be hit or miss (as can cakes, but a bad cake is usually better than a bad pie) and I might be in a solid minority, but alot of typical pie fillings I don't care for... Granny Smith Apple being a major player in this. A Pink Lady Apple pie though? Hell yes.

Often overlooked: Meat pies.

This.

As long as you don't overload on cloves, meat pies are fantastic. My grandmother used to make them for sunday lunches.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Awesome. That's the one thing I'd like about living in y'know..civilization. Ethnic pockets.

I loved the food when I visited Negril. Nothing I ate there was bad, except one plate of saltfish and ackee, and that's just because it was cooked poorly.