TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyBlaze

2008 Summer Olympics

Good to see the Olympic spirit is alive and well................

post-2806-1219500115_thumb.jpg

Cuban athlete and coach banned for life for kicking official after getting DQed.

I hadn't watched a lick of women's basketball up to this point, so it's a shame that I just now caught notice of the Aussie women's singlet uniform... much nicer on the eyes than the standard baggy all-overs.

Cuban athlete and coach banned for life for kicking official after getting DQed.

Kicked out by the World Taekwondo Federation. Yes...WTF!?

Doesn't look there is any video of the attack.

Edit: Oh wait there is.

Kicked out by the World Taekwondo Federation. Yes...WTF!?

Doesn't look there is any video of the attack.

Edit: Oh wait there is.

Denied. No longer available. :(

Some of the comments for that video were surely on their way to the YouTube Comments thread, too.

These games have actually been fun and eventful as far as scandal, crookedness, and sportsmanship are concerned. I thought nothing would beat the wrestler who threw down his bronze, but that guy did it.

Why did NBC give that Looney Tune that disrupted the Athens marathon any screen time? And he lives in London, too.

LOL, one of the very few time real life mimics pro wrestling.

The international refs are actually worse than the NBA ones. There seems to be a call every time down the court.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

the spaniards don't have a single black person on their team or coaching staff.

I'm predicting someone takes an elbow in the face before this game is over. It's been getting fairly chippy and the horrible officiating isn't helping matters.

Guest Vitamin X

Some CRAZY shit going on here, though. USA's only been up like 5 the whole game.

Also, I haven't watches a whole lot of Olympic basketball, but the utter silence, lack of commentary and music and all that that I'm used to is a bit disconcerting.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
I'm predicting someone takes an elbow in the face before this game is over. It's been getting fairly chippy and the horrible officiating isn't helping matters.

Oh man if it does, I hope it's Dwight Howard on that 17 year old kid with the big nose.

Guest Vitamin X

OH GOD DO IT SPAIN DO IT FOR THE SLIT EYES!

91-89 and the Spanish coach is yelling at the bench, "They're scared, they're scared!"

Hearing the game without commentary is worth it just to hear the court chatter, though I thought I'd hear more communication between the teams.

It looks like the U.S. realized at halftime that they better treat this as a game of epic proportions. Kobe hit the 4-point dagger and reacted as if it were Game 7 of the NBA Finals.

Guest Vitamin X

And STILL the Spainairds pushed it to within 4 again, and then WADE busts out the 3-point dagger.

Great showing by Spain, no matter what happens, considering how the US had romped through the Olympics up to this point.

Guest Vitamin X

Great game, but the gold goes to the Redeem Team, whose mission is now accomplished. I'm so happy to have Rudy Fernandez on the Blazers now.

Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the USA" FTW!

Boxing (Superheavyweight), Water Polo and Team Handball. All gold medal matches in progress or near completion.

That would be it, though.