TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

All-Time Football (Soccer) Team Draft

Sorry for the abuse of power here, but Deancoles has 2 hours left to make his pick, but it's 1am here in England, and he just isn't going to make it in the next two hours, so rather than hold this up, i'll make my pick now. I'm sure nobody minds that.

Claude Makelele

Before you judge, i'm not talking about the second rate Chelsea midfielder.. well, I am, but i'm talking about the same player when he was in the Real Madrid team. Because my team is so, so attack minded, I need a defensive midfielder to sit in front of my back four.

And in this position, in his prime, there has never been a better player.

Makelele.jpg

I hate you so much for taking Makelele, Franchise. So much.

In which case, I'm going to re-re-think and stick with four at the back as opposed to the 3-5-2 I was contemplating. Because nobody really plays 3-5-2 anymore. So, playing at left back I'm going to take another Englishman. A truly commited player and the scorer of 'that penalty' in '96, after missing 'that penalty' in '90. England and Nottingham Forest's...

Stuart Pearce

pyscho.jpg

Don't hate the player.

Although as a Derby fan, it pains me to say that's a great pick.

Although he did captain Derby in a testimonial once.

As weird as that is to believe.

my first pick is:

Ronald Koeman

I thought he was a good defender, who would link up well with JT and Rio. also he gives me another leader in the side. he's also can bring goals to the side with his free-kicks. he could also do a great job in the midefield.

My second pick is

Gheorghe Hagi

i Wanted him in the centre of my midfield with a defensive minded player so he could pull the strings and provide the passes for messi, mardona and klinsmann. i have always remembered him from usa 94. in a great Romania side.

Don't worry Esk, that

Steve McLaren

was quite a player in his day.

No name dropping! The manager draft's still coming damnit!

Anyway, two picks with no United connection was apparantly enough for me.

Bryan Robson

BRP1.jpg

Captain Marvel himself, scorer of the second fastest goal in World Cup history.

So far 4 players from the North East of England have been selected :D Represent!

Alan Shearer - Gateshead/Newcastle

Peter Beardsley - Newcastle

Bryan Robson - County Durham

Bobby Charlton - Ashington

So far I'm really liking Huss' team, just seems like one of the most attacking dominating forces ever created so far, be interesting to see where you go :)

Hey Franchise, where can I get a template like that to chart out my team?

It's Football Manager 2008. I made one for Chriswok, I can throw one together for you. I just need what formation, and kit color you want.

Roy McFarland

Come on.. I had to find a way of putting a Derby player into this team, and I must admit, not the worst defender that ever played.

The near complete defender, who but for injury might have helped make Don Revie's England career a success instead of ignominious failure. An inspiration whether playing with or against you.

Wiki:

Roy Leslie McFarland (born 5 April 1948 in Liverpool England) is an English football manager who was also a player, notably at Derby County where he played 434 league games helping him to earn 28 caps for England.

He was famous during the late 1960s and 1970s as a central defender in the Derby County side which won promotion to the First Division and followed this success with two league titles.

der_110_roy_mcfarland.JPG

Daniel Passarella

Argentina World Cup winning Captain who's regarded as one of the greatest Centre backs ever to come out of South America, was amazing in the air for such a short player(5'7), at one point was the highest scoring defender in world football with 140 in 447 club games and 22 in 70 international games.

Also had a hardman reputation, was famous for using his elbows on opponents when the referee wasn't looking.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/.../0703_large.jpg

My formation so far

Zoff

RB Beckenbauer Passarella Brehme

Deschamps

Matthews CM CM LM

Muller

I guess I do need to take a keeper eventually and continuing with my attacking side, it only seems fitting that I take one with a penchant for scoring goals too. Fiery, tenacious and not a bad free kick taker either.

CHILAVERT_JOSE_LUIS_jpg.jpg

José Luis Chilavert

All I know is, if this was a real club, there would be some HEATED discussions over who's going to take the free kick.

tsmdraft.jpg

I was told to make my pick now, which is fine with me. I'll grab Carlos Alberto.

I can't find a good picture, but the right back from Brazil that scored the huge goal against Italy in the 1970 World Cup Final...yeah, that one.