TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

All-Time Football (Soccer) Team Draft

Well, I'm going to snap up a goal scoring machine. 44 goals in 57 games for England, not to mention 124 in 157 at Chelsea and 220 in 321 at Spurs. A phenomenal scoring rate, and unlucky not to play more for England IMO.

jg.jpg

Jimmy Greaves

I'll always remember Redondo for the 2 performances against Man Utd in the 2000 Champions League where he completely dominated the tie

Starring at Leftback...

Bixente Lizarazu

Ok so he's never played in Black & White...

lizarazu_bixente1.jpg

Ok, so a SLIGHT break from tradition with him never have played in the Black & White stripes (of ANY team before). Hell, he's even played in the crappy Red & White stripes... however, it was him or John Beresford, and while I have a warm place in my heart for Bez he's not really up to the caliber we're after now is he? Well, he might do well against the Girly all American Team :P

4411-5.jpg

So, a bit about my starting XI.

The defense is solid, something Newcastle United have lacked since... well forever. If we're to assume all of the picks are when the players in their prime (some of them still are) then its one of the toughest, skilled defenses out there. Zambrotta and Lizarazu at full back will bomb it up and down the flanks provided support for the wingers, they both possess a fair bit of pace and can actually defend too. The Center Backs Puyol and Cannavaro both natural leaders, and probably the two best CBs in Modern Football today (along with John Terry).

The Midfield is a bit of an indulgence, with 3, almost 4 flair players. Ginola is known to be lazy getting back in defense, but he more then makes up for that with some of the best dribbling down the wings, and is able to mix it up with crosses or through balls... oh and he can score a few goals too...

I really think Ginola is VERY under rated, and if he hadn't had a falling out with the France Manager at the time (same with Cantona) he would be one of the most cherrished French players in modern times. Newcastle haven't really had a left winger like him, I'm sure Tottenham and Villa fans will say the same thing.

On the right is Garrincha, who if he was playing in modern times would probably be in the same kinship as Man U (Real's?) Ronaldo. Another player who can dribble, dribble, dribble and dribble. Can score the odd goal, though there are question marks over his over all team play.

In the middle is Dunga, who would probably be the captain (though the team itself has no less the five club captains in the line up already). He can spray the ball around the park and is probably the only true 'defensive' minded player I have in midfield.

That finishes my starting line up, and now a guy to manage them all...

Sir Alex Ferguson

Do what he says or he'll volley a boot into your face, pretty boy

_42282032_ferguson1999_2_416.jpg

One of the most succesful club managers of all time, great with tactics, and getting the best out of his players. Personally, I'm not a huge fan, I think he's a tit, but I can't deny what he's done.

Bastard.. I thought we'd agreed on a seperate round at the end for managers, otherwise i'd have sacrificed a pick last round to take the man you just took.

I guess we can take stadiums and managers when we want from now on, and i'm kinda fucked if everyone starts taking managers.

Bastard.. I thought we'd agreed on a seperate round at the end for managers, otherwise i'd have sacrificed a pick last round to take the man you just took.

I guess we can take stadiums and managers when we want from now on, and i'm kinda fucked if everyone starts taking managers.

Ah, I thought we said whenever? :huh:

I don't know a damn thing about these football (soccer) managers, but I'm going with...

jose_mourinho__mana_210478c.jpg

Jose Mourinho

I like his style (swagger), and I'm sure he can manage great talent.

My coach is going to be Fabio Capello.

Easy pick, all things considered. Best manager of all-time in my book.