TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

All-Time Football (Soccer) Team Draft

All I know is, if this was a real club, there would be some HEATED discussions over who's going to take the free kick.

tsmdraft.jpg

That and Roy Keane would poo himself when he saw Alan Shearer :P

I need a mean and nasty defender, and from the pic, it doesn't get any meaner or nastier than:

post-2806-1215195294.jpg

Trifon Ivanov/FB

I will probably put Mr. Ivanov at Full Back, and hope to hell I get a good manager who won't kick him off the team!

Incredible technique and sublime skill is added to my team with this man:

_40829083_bergkamp_ap.jpg

Denis Bergkamp

Bergkamp was named after Denis Law, already in my line up.

Just so long as my team doesn't have to play too many games where he needs to get on a plane...

Dunga

That's Portuguese for 'Dopey' don't you know

dunga.jpg

The Great Brazilian Captain and playmaker, some could argue that along with Daschamps, he created the defensive Midfielder role in modern football.

Sócrates

A Doctor of Medicine and Football don't you know

socrates.jpg

Another truely great Midfielder with vision, passing ability and could score a fair few too. Played for Corinthinas, which played in the Black and White.

Fun Fact: Both Dunga and Socrates have played int he black and white of Sport Club Corinthians Paulista, which keeps me strong for me all Black & White Football team... almost.

4411-3.jpg

My apologes

Now For More Americans: The Africans whose parents moved Here for a better Life/Attend College Edition

p1_onyewu_0126.jpg

Oguchi Onyewu(CB)- At 6'4, he'll give me some height to to disrupt"the i tripped on my shoe lace so im gonna act like i got shot" Europeans

freddy_adu_the_associated_press_2.jpg

Freddy Adu- Probably will be used as a second half sub if he gets in at all. So I guess this is my first sub, We get two right?

Alright Ron, what did you say.

I changed my Freddy Adu pick to another player, then thought better of it and changed it back. i'll just take that other player with my next pick

On behalf of Mystery Eskimo

Gianfranco Zola

zola.jpg

Chelsea's little genius.

---

Zola once appeared as a schoolboy in the music video "Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler.

My apologes

Now For More Americans: The Africans whose parents moved Here for a better Life/Attend College Edition

p1_onyewu_0126.jpg

Oguchi Onyewu(CB)- At 6'4, he'll give me some height to to disrupt"the i tripped on my shoe lace so im gonna act like i got shot" Europeans

Fun Fact: Oguchi Onyewu made his English Premiership debut with Newcastle United a few seasons ago, however, the loan wasn't renewed and he went back to Belguim. Personally, I thought he was a larger bigger Boumsong. At times he looked great, but strikers were too wise to his huge frame and would easily gain fouls off him.

Fun Fact: Oguchi Onyewu made his English Premiership debut with Newcastle United a few seasons ago, however, the loan wasn't renewed and he went back to Belguim. Personally, I thought he was a larger bigger Boumsong. At times he looked great, but strikers were too wise to his huge frame and would easily gain fouls off him.

I've always thought of him a less talented version of Titus Bramble.

I've always thought of him a less talented version of Titus Bramble.

No player deserves this statement.

Funny you should mention Bramble, as that's the main reason Onyewu played so poorly.

Onyewu led Standard Liege to the Belgian League crown and Champions League play next season. He is a far improved player since leaving Newcastle.

Gotta make a grocery run, so I will pick within two hours. I will have to research though, so if the person after me wants to pick, feel free.

You said feel free, so uh, I'll take Patrick Vieira. Beast of a defensive midfielder.

Hansen should have gone a long time ago, but well done for getting him non-the-less.

Interesting but scary bit.. Bramble was linked with Derby last week.

I support Derby, for those who do not know.

I guess it's time to start building a back four, so with this selection I'm going to take England's most capped right-back. Over the years he developed a good partnership supplying David Beckham up the right side, so he'll do so much more with George Best running up the wing. I've always thought he's been a bit overlooked during United's success and I know he hates scousers.

2112421596.gif

Gary Neville

Finishing my Defence, a man who played in 4 world cups for Brazil and earned nearly 100 caps, didn't go forward as much as Cafu or Alberto becuase he wasn't needed to provide the width on his side(Garrincha) but made up for that with his strength and defensive abilities

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Park/8885/djalma1.gif

Djalma Santos