TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

All-Time Football (Soccer) Team Draft

Was wondering when Keano would go, even if he is a complete and utter head case and should probably have been banned from the game for ADMITTING to trying to end another professional Footballer's career. However, that aside he is a leader, he is a fighter, he is a winner.

re: Ronaldo: Perhaps I'm making this pick too early

Nope, you picked right, I was going to take him next. Just because he's playing today and not 20 years ago doesn't mean he's any less of a player than blank, or Maradona, or anybody else.

It plagues all English fans, and probably including United fans now too, to say this, but the boy is just the best in the world right now.

Might want to edit one of those names you listed, I could see him going soon.

He's not even an out and out striker, it's just mind-boggling what he's done so far.

Sorry for the delay in updating the main page, i've been away for a few days. Some good picks, I didn't think my decision to draft Carlos would need explaining, but like somebody said, Paolo Maldini had gone, and left back isn't exactly a position where a million players have made it their own.

Good calls with the keepers too.. I felt Buffon is possibly even underrated, most likely one of the top five keepers who will be drafted here.

It's interesting looking on at some peoples picks, King & Huss taking only Man United players so far, Gert taking Ronaldo and Romario with their leading the Brazil front line, Ron taking Ronaldinho and Henry, both of Barcelona, UndertakerHart taking former Madrid midfielders Zidane and Beckham, Eskimo basing his success on defence by taking two of the games all time great defenders.. some of these may be coincidence, but it's fun to look on and see what people are doing.

Obviously with only three players selected and three different positions used, i've not got anything to look at just yet.

But here's where we are.. the formation will most likely change after each pick and wont be decided upon until the very last pick.. it'll be changed in accordance to who I pick.

This is what we have so far though.

25-6-08-dream-team.jpg

I had better pick him now, or I'll regret it, because surely he'll be gone. Perfect fit with Platini and Van Basten as part of my attacking trio. Obviously with Platini in the hole and the two up top.

I kind of have to pick Eusebio. His performance against North Korea at Goodison is the stuff of legend.

eusebio.jpg

Sorry about the delay guys, with my third selection I am going to take the man that will be handling my free-kicks.

post-2806-1214398077_thumb.jpg

Zico

I swear I am not trying to build an all-Brazilian team!

On behalf of Mystery Eskimo

He selects the most capped Brazilian player of all time (how about that for a CV?) a player who's made the Brazil right-back, and Milan and Roma right-back position his own..

Some people can say this is the best fullback of all time, he'd certainly have a case.

This is the man who is Eskimo's third, and 36th overall pick in this draft..

Cafu

cafu.jpg

While I think Landon Donovan shouldn't even have been drafted, his chemistry with Beckham is outstanding.

If you don't think they'll get along, you should see my drafted hockey team. And I actually know what I'm doing with hockey.

Oh I'm not having a go at you, Landycakes is just an easy target. If a woman was going to be selected, I figured Mia Hamm would be the choice.

If you don't think they'll get along, you should see my drafted hockey team. And I actually know what I'm doing with hockey.

Oh I'm not having a go at you, Landycakes is just an easy target. If a woman was going to be selected, I figured Mia Hamm would be the choice.

Actually can I draft Hope Solo? I really like her name and team spirit. :)

Round #3 Pick #13 Overall #39

Garrincha

He's only got one name - must be Brazilian then

4-francisco-dos-santon-garrincha.jpg

Manoel Francisco dos Santos (October 28, 1933 – January 20, 1983), known by the nickname "Garrincha" ("little bird"), was a Brazilian football right winger and forward who helped the Brazil national team win the World Cups of 1958 and 1962, and played the majority of his professional career for Brazilian club Botafogo. FIFA considers him the best Brazilian player ever after Pelé, and in 1999, he was similarly ranked by the IFFHS, who voted him the second best Brazilian player ever, though many eminent football historians have referred to him being at least the equal of Pelé. He is also widely regarded as the best dribbler in football history

And that is why he's my Right Winger.

Round #4 Pick #1 Overall #40

Fabio Cannavaro

Every team needs an Italian

cannavaro_wideweb__470x3270.jpg

Fabio Mamerto Cannavaro, Cavaliere Ufficiale OMRI (born September 13, 1973 in Naples) is an Italian World Cup-winning footballer who plays for La Liga club Real Madrid C.F. and the Italian national team.

Cannavaro was the first defender to be named the FIFA World Player of the Year, and the first defender since BLANK in 1996 to win the European Footballer of the Year award; both of these were achieved in 2006. He was also selected in the FIFPro World XI squad twice, during 2005–06 and 2006–07.

So far all of my team have played in Black and White stripes at one time or another - maybe not for Newcastle, but hey, if I squint my eyes I can believe.

4411-1.jpg