TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

ECW on Sci-Fi (6/24/2008)

Last Tuesday, ECW Champion Kane and his Night of Champions challenger Big Show met in a heated exchange. The two titans aligned long enough to deliver a double-chokeslam to Mark Henry, but the World's Strongest Man got even when he attacked Kane on SmackDown. What's in store for the ECW Champion this week? And how will ECW be impacted now that Kane and his title are no longer within the brand?

Speaking of new roster additions, United States Champion Matt Hardy arrived in the Land of the Extreme at the 2008 Draft. How will he shake things up on Tuesday nights? Do any ECW Superstars already have their eyes set on his title?

Also last Tuesday, in an outrageously entertaining bout, Hornswoggle defeated Armando Estrada, pulling out all the stops, as well as the marbles, squirt guns, and a devious brawler from Belfast who loves to fight. After Estrada botched yet another opportunity to earn his contract from newly-appointed ECW General Manager Theodore Long, have the chances finally run out for the former GM?

Putting his own exclamation point on the newest chapter of a long standing rivalry, Mr. Money in the Bank CM Punk defeated WWE Tag Team Champion John Morrison. Could Morrison and his partner The Miz suffer a similar fate at Night of Championships in their title match against Finlay and Hornswoggle? Or will the Shaman of Sexy and the self-proclaimed Chick Magnet hold on to their coveted gold?

Tuesday night’s electrifying newcomer, Evan Bourne, took another step closer to finding his ECW identity, earning his first singles victory over Matt Striker. But the real fireworks began after the bell when Mike Knox assaulted Bourne in retaliation for his loss last week in tag team action. How will the Bourne find retribution for this brutal sneak attack?

Find out the answers to all of these questions and more on the next ECW on Sci Fi, Tuesday at 10/9 CT.

I'm confused...but at least it should be a really good match.

They usually do this, don't they? Have the departing wrestlers do a "farewell" match on their now former brand (which is a ridiculous premise since he'll be on ECW in about 3 weeks from now, against Morrison).

Someone is moving to a new brand here.

My God, Kofi is probably the worst/best (I really don't know which) person at taking the throw to the stairs. He just went what looked like face first right into them. he did a few weeks ago too.

Lol @ Tazz

Tazz: Let me get a BOOM, BOOM, BOOM from ya!

Adamle: *Silence*

Tazz: Thank you.

Good action so far, but an explanation for Punk competing would have been nice.

It's not really a big issue. Punk appears "one last time" and passes the proverbial torch to Matt. Who will leave ECW? Benjamin or Kofi?

It's not really a big issue. Punk appears "one last time" and passes the proverbial torch to Matt. Who will leave ECW? Benjamin or Kofi?

And really, ECW hasn't really adhered to the brand split since... oh, a month after it started when they started bringing in random big guys to face Big Show for the title. They made a vague explanation for Smackdown guys appearing with the talent exchange agreement, but even then the likes of The Highlanders were randomly showing up for no adequately explained reason.

I hope whichever one goes to SD! because Raw proved they didn't know how to use Benjamin, and they already had JBL smoke Kofi last night rather unceremoniously. Besides with the Legacy stable forming, they won't have any time to debut and build Kofi. I'd like both to stay on ECW, but if I had to choose I'd ship Kofi to SD!, because Benjamin will just get lost in the shuffle there as well. It's too bad for Shelton that Dusty decided to retire.

Well...I enjoyed the hell out of the first 2/3rd of this show. And just the threat of Kane/Henry makes me happy that this is the last time Kane will be on this show. It's fast becoming my favorite wrestling show of the week...and Kane sucks the life out of it for me.

With the ECW match expanded at NOC to include Mark Henry, who wants to bet me Henry is drafted to ECW in the supplemental today? That could be a mistake in that it could be seen as a demotion and punishment for speaking out against Hayes.

Maybe, but he also could have asked to leave Smackdown and they offered the ECW title and being the monster heel on that show.

I still don't "get" Mike Knox. His finisher looks decent enough when he has someone about half his size to "ragdoll it", but aside from that he does nothing for me. WWE always seems to use him to hand some of their "flavor of the month" guys their first significant loss. Stevie Richards was returning from his 10,000th throat surgery, and pushed with vignettes and promos and even a couple wins. Mike Knox destroys him the 4rd of 4th week after he returns, and you never see him again. Evan Bourne (Matt Sydal) gets a couple wins and shows some amazing acrobatic skills that even gets the announcers and crowds into his matches. He gets a little offense but is mostly squashed by Knox last night.

I still don't "get" Mike Knox. His finisher looks decent enough when he has someone about half his size to "ragdoll it", but aside from that he does nothing for me. WWE always seems to use him to hand some of their "flavor of the month" guys their first significant loss. Stevie Richards was returning from his 10,000th throat surgery, and pushed with vignettes and promos and even a couple wins. Mike Knox destroys him the 4rd of 4th week after he returns, and you never see him again. Evan Bourne (Matt Sydal) gets a couple wins and shows some amazing acrobatic skills that even gets the announcers and crowds into his matches. He gets a little offense but is mostly squashed by Knox last night.

Mike Knox: The Push Killer.