Sign in to follow this  
strummer

*Smackdown Spoilers*

Rajah:

Dark Match:

* Vladamir Kozlov b. Trevor Murdoch

Before the match, Murdoch sang God Bless America

SmackDown: (Airing Friday 07/04)

* Michael Cole comes out to ringside to say "goodbye" to SmackDown fans. Jim Ross interrupts him, and boots him out for being a Texas fan. Here comes Mick Foley.

* The show opens with Triple H in MVP's V.I.P Lounge. Hunter calls MVP a power ranger and shows the video of Edge losing the World Championship. He then says Edge got "Punked up."

* Edge comes out and says he is happy for his and Vickie's wedding. He says they should go to Las Vegas. I'm told Vickie is drawing a ton of heat, making it very hard to hear what is going on. Triple H interrupts by saying he would never sleep with Vickie but she is nicer looking than any other woman Edge has ever been with. Triple H vs. Edge is then set up for The Great American Bash pay-per-view later this month.

* Michelle McCool b. Victoria, Kelly Kelly, Maryse, & Cherry.

McCool will now face Natalya for the new diva championship title.

* Jesse & Festus b. Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder

Festus got the pin for the win. After the match Edge comes to the ring and cleans house on Jesse & Festus.

* They cut to a video segment of Edge arguing with Vickie.

* Jeff Hardy b. John Morrison

I'm told Hardy got the win after hitting the Swanton.

* Umaga b. Funaki in a squash match.

* Matt Hardy b. Shelton Benjamin, Chavo Guerrero, & Ken Kennedy is in a fatal four way match to retain the United States Championship.

* Edge comes out and says this is a bunch of crap. He says he will be WWE Champion at The Great American Bash and goes on to say that he made Vickie, Ryder, and Hawkins what they were and no one likes him because he's a warrior.

Vickie comes out and Edge tells her the wedding is off.

Dark Main Event:

* Triple H & Big Show b. Mark Henry & Edge

Big Show makes fun of Edge and calls him a baby. Triple H helps Big Show. Edge walks out as Big Show & Triple H get the win.

Meh, they were going to wrestle at SummerSlam anyway. The rematch is practically manadatory.

Yeah but they could have set up HHH vs. MVP instead and let Edge face whoever at the Bash. Maybe Jeff in a #1 contender match for SS? Or do we want Jeff jobbing constantly in these contender matches?

Hopefully the wedding stays cancelled.

So, the wedding is off? Is WWE actually going to try to turn Vickie face now?

Jeff Hardy vs Morrison aught to be good, and the 4 way for the US belt should be good too.

Does HHH have heat with Lita or something? I assume his comment was just meant as a joke but who knows.

The idea of Michael Cole having a farewell to SmackDown speech is pretty funny.

Vickie gets mad at Edge for YELLING and calls of a wedding, and that's what you think the loophole to bring back a man that gave her a TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER? Well, it is a wrestling storyline...

Vickie gets mad at Edge for YELLING and calls of a wedding, and that's what you think the loophole to bring back a man that gave her a TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER? Well, it is a wrestling storyline...
I don't think him calling off the wedding will get her to bring back Taker. I do think that this is the beginning of the Vickie/Edge break up, and it will end with her somehow bringing back Taker.

I don't think him calling off the wedding will get her to bring back Taker. I do think that this is the beginning of the Vickie/Edge break up, and it will end with her somehow bringing back Taker.

Just what they would do, make Vickie Guerrero cut a promo about "bringing a dead man back to the WWE".

Yeah but they could have set up HHH vs. MVP instead and let Edge face whoever at the Bash. Maybe Jeff in a #1 contender match for SS? Or do we want Jeff jobbing constantly in these contender matches?

Actually I think we'll be getting Hardy / Helsmley following the Edge feud. If not, maybe they'll pick back up with the "Kennedy is Vince's son" angle and we'll get the Kennedy / HHH feud. I'm glad WWE made Smackdown important again. It's been a long time coming.

Great Michelle McCool is going to wrestle for the Diva Championship. I'm assuming she's gonna win it as well. That just sucks.

Yeah! That title should totally be Cherry's! Giving it to someone who's been working hard to improve her ring work (and is hot) is an idea beyond terrible. What are they thinking?

Yeah! That title should totally be Cherry's! Giving it to someone who's been working hard to improve her ring work (and is hot) is an idea beyond terrible. What are they thinking?

I rather have Cherry win than Michelle. I'm sorry I'm just a fan of "I'm the most Dominant woman in the ring and I no sell everything and then win!". Well that's what I see everytime I see one of her matches.

I rather have Cherry win than Michelle. I'm sorry I'm just a fan of "I'm the most Dominant woman in the ring and I no sell everything and then win!". Well that's what I see everytime I see one of her matches.

I guess Michelle's not "feelin' it".

I have no problem with Michelle McCool possibly winning the Diva Championship. She might no sell some things, but I find her to be better in the ring than a lot of the other Divas on Smackdown. Personally, I would like to see Victoria get another Women's championship run, but given my current options, Michelle is an OK choice.

I don't have a problem with McCool winning the Diva title....I have a problem with the title existing at all.

Lushus, as far as MVP goes, isn't he buried enough already? I haven't seen anything quite like what they did with MVP, where the guy seemingly got buried while having a year long run with a major title. Matt Hardy's illness/injury really hurt MVP I think, it took him out of a fun storyline and put him in with guys like Batista that he couldn't beat. So he ended up doing a lot of non title clean jobs.

I know some will blame HHH for holding people down, but SD has had a problem with elevating people for a while now. While Raw at least finally said "Fuck it, let's put the belt on Punk and see what happens" SD seems incapable of taking chances like this, or when they do the guy either sucks and isn't over (Khali) or they book him horribly (Rey).

Venk, it said that Edge called the wedding off, not Vickie. Maybe you knew that, but the wording of your post made it sound like Vickie got mad at Edge for yelling and called the wedding off. Also, Kennedy was in the US Title match.

Well, considering that Vickie took the tombstone on behalf of standing up for Edge, it could be considered a huge emotional blow to her and a harsh betrayal by someone she's put her body on the line trying to protect. I think it makes somewhat logical sense.

Am I the ONLY person that thinks this is all some master plan by La Familia to look weak in front of HHH so he lets his guard down just a little bit? It's classic southern style 4 Horsemen booking we're seeing. Have the heel stable look like they're falling apart, the face champion wedges himself in to try and create more dissention in the ranks, and the stable closes in on him, leaving the heel as the champ once more.

I can't see them breaking up the Edge-Vicki story this soon, especially when they're getting MASSIVE heat out of it.

great Cabbage, let's feed MVP to Triple H immediately, right?

Why not? He's not doing anything at the moment and a World Title feud might elevate him

If Edge eventually dethrone's HHH, I will mark the fuck out for the possible return of the Rater R Spinner Belt. I hate the design of the belt as is, but Edge's custom version is a little more tolerable than the blinged out WWE logo in the middle.

Considering almost no relationship lasts between two wrestlers I hope Mickie and Michelle realize what they're doing by shacking up with two of the most powerful people in WWE. Sure it sounds great, but 2 years from now there's a decent chance neither relationship will be alive, there will be some bad feelings and TNA will have two new knockouts (see Lauer, Joanie).