TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Maztinho

Things that Amuse or Please You

Buddhists don't fuck around with any of that shit either.

Well, considering that Buddhists don't believe in God, I'd certainly hope that they don't say that at the end of conversations. Not to mention that we don't live in a Muslim country, and it might be acceptable to wish Allah's love at the end of a phone call there.

I got an application in the mail today to be a Wrigley Field usher, and there's a job fair on February 7th. I know I don't have the job and there's a very good chance I won't get the job, but just being in Wrigley Field in February is going to amuse and please me.

Managing to get Red Sox tickets. Sure they're shitty SRO tickets but hey it's only about $25 after all of the surcharges. Plus I broke the weird four year streak where I could only get tickets to see them against The Kansas City Royals.

My athiest friend says 'gesundheit', which actually means "good health".

Tickets for the Sharks-Sabres on Feb. 13. A buddy of mine got them for free, but agreed to give me one if I bought dinner that night at an all-you-can-eat pizza/wing place for fifteen bucks opposite HSBC Arena. So, I'll get to see a good hockey game, have a tonne of food, and get drunk, for probably 40 bucks. That pleases me.

Also, CIM, the marketing company for whom I work, had plenty of work for me in December, and I got paid on New Year's Eve. My seasonal tenure at Best Buy ended a few days before that. I got hired to manage a Blockbuster two weeks ago, and my first shift was Monday. CIM happened to have work for me this week and next week, both 40 hours, albeit overnight. But I was able to balance both jobs for the two-week period. My first paycheque since New Year's Eve will be on the same day, from both jobs - Feb. 13. A double paycheque after six weeks without amuses and pleases me.

I say 'God bless you' when people cough, and I'm not religious. Get over yourself.

Why not just say "Bless you" instead?

Because he is not the Lord.

I'm quasi-amused by the Google ads I got on this page:

Muslim Matrimonials

Muslim Women Seek Love & Marriage. View Photos. Join 100% Free Today!

www.Muslima.com

Buddhism Teachings

Get regular teachings by email on Buddhism and Buddhist meditation.

www.Buddhism-Connect.org

Islam & Christianity

Free comparison chart of views on God and the prophets. Download.

Rose-Publishing.com

Islam Online Dating

Find Friends or Your Perfect Match Join For Free!

www.ArabLounge.com

I don't know how to spell it, but in French the say "ettessiue" or something which means something like "may all your wishes come true"

After a google search, I figured out it was "à tes souhaits"

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I say nothing when people sneeze. Who fucking cares if you've evacuated your sinuses?

Awesome work story.

We have a TV hanging in the produce which shills shit on occasion, or has tips for picking out fruit/cooking, all kinds of fun crap.

Now one of these little tips is a "how to lose weight through food" blurb it talks about not eating less food, but eating the right kinds of food. It's got a hook of the actress on screen saying, "Eat girl, your too thin... has it been awhile since someone said that to you?" Then she goes on to explain about eating right vs. eating less.

Anyways, I'm stocking the apples which are on one half of the table underneath the TV, and this heavyset black woman comes in and starts looking over the bananas which are on the other half of the table, and this ad comes on. I look up to ask if she needs help finding anything, and the lady is looking up at the screen and after the question she just goes, "You know it honey."

To which I just start laughing hysterically. I barked a little bit at the beginning of the laugh, and I doubled over a bit. I try to stammer an apology, because it must have come off as rude, and the lady just laughs herself and goes, "Suge, I likes ta eat, don't concern yo'self." Which only made me laugh harder.

It was totally awesome.

Holy shit, it's Friday. I have a paycheck at work. Good thing I checked this thread.

:wub:

I finally got my student loans taken care of. And I have about 5 grand somebody owed me comin' my way. This pleases me greatly.

Something that amuses me, 50 Cent fuckin' up Rick Ross's entire life.

Between this last paycheck that was much higher than I thought and my taxes, I'll be adding roughly $2500 to my various accounts and balances. Yesssss.

When I'm filling out a job application, and there are separate sections for work experience and professional references, just to be clear, those professional references don't necessarily have to be someone I've worked for, right? I was kinda confused.

EDIT: The reason it's in this thread is because this also has to do with the Wrigley Field job fair I mentioned.

I mean, like cops and teachers and stuff who can speak to my good character.

Yeah, pretty much.

I have a family friend who owns a car dealership in town on my professional reference, and actually the former mayor who is my grandparents neighbor and I've known all my life. Never worked for either of them, actually it's often better to have people who know you outside of work who will vouch for your awesomeness as well.

Thanks, that's what I thought originally, but then my Dad said that that spot is only for people you've actually worked with, and then I was like, "Damn, I hope they don't think I lied or something," so thanks for clearing that up.

Thanks, that's what I thought originally, but then my Dad said that that spot is only for people you've actually worked with, and then I was like, "Damn, I hope they don't think I lied or something," so thanks for clearing that up.

That spot is there for like if you do community service or something you can put Revered Jimmy Joe Hasbeen as a reference that you are an upright citizen and stuff eventhough it's not a paid gig.

Re: Funny ads.

I got one for MeetingBlacks personals. Yeah, I'm a white boy in Utah.