TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE Raw (7/14/2008)

This is the 40th time they have done this, why such an outrage?

oh, i'm not pissed that they did something like this... it's just that you clearly saw on the cut angle that cena wasn't anywhere near the cars...

so are they going to play it off that he moved under the car or what?

Could we possibly get 3 good Raws in a row?! When was the last time that happened?

Last week was horrid

95% of your posts are horrid. Last week was alright.

Oh yea son. He took it there.

;)

Except for Austin getting run over, I think every other time they at least put the person getting run over in the car before smashing into/dropping/blowing it up.

all the fucking camera angles ruined it

if they had just 1 camera for it, i would believe it more

and the fact that i can tell when shit is on tape when they cut to outside

Yeah the 3 camera shoot was dumb, and a camera angle from Cena's POV as the car was coming towards him, LAME! Bring back William Regal so he can turn the lights off.

oh, i'm not pissed that they did something like this... it's just that you clearly saw on the cut angle that cena wasn't anywhere near the cars...

He ducked under the car and lifted the car up on his shoulders and gave it an FU

It's during reactions to this type of stuff that I often wonder if there are message boards for other television soap operas and those fans complain about camera angles ruining that week's abortion scene.

all the fucking camera angles ruined it

if they had just 1 camera for it, i would believe it more

and the fact that i can tell when shit is on tape when they cut to outside

I didn't see the whole show and just caught the end, but yeah the multiple camera angles are probably my biggest issue with stuff like that. Like I'm really supposed to feel for Cena when there's a shot of the car headed straight for the camera.

I love the fact that they pull this stuff at THE EXACT MOMENT I tune into Raw for the first time in damn near a year. They must have seen me coming.

He ducked under the car and lifted the car up on his shoulders and gave it an FU

you know, that wouldn't surprise me at all.

like i said, i'm not raged about the whole way it played out, i just want to know how they're going to explain cena not being there.

i do like this though... because this keeps cena away from the belt for a bit and lets my boy punk have a little more time in the spotlight.

It's during reactions to this type of stuff that I often wonder if there are message boards for other television soap operas and those fans complain about camera angles ruining that week's abortion scene.

You know, the WWE hasn't done an intentional abortion angle...

So, is it really *that* big of a deal?

JBL, the psycho that he is, just showed in this storyline that he is pretty much willing to do ANYTHING to defeat John Cena.

It's also very obvious that Cena will still win this Sunday and then next week the storyline will continue because there is nothing else for either guy to do. Regal will probably be back and join in on JBL's side and set up some other stipulation.

If I was booking this, I would have JBL win after Cena just broke down due to the mental anguish he suffered with almost getting murdered. JBL/Rhodes/Dibiase then feud with Cryme Tyme until Cena comes back before Summerslam to set up some final blowoff that he wins in great fashion.

Are you really worried about how they are going to explain Cena getting out of the way? Don't most of the people on here hate him anyway? Now you're worried how they are going to explain him dodging a bullet? He woke up at the last second and rolled to his left. That's your explanation.

When's the last time a soap opera pretended that the majority of it was scripted but then at other points what you're seeing is "real"?

Are you really worried about how they are going to explain Cena getting out of the way? Don't most of the people on here hate him anyway? Now you're worried how they are going to explain him dodging a bullet? He woke up at the last second and rolled to his left. That's your explanation.
Yes I do hate Cena, but still.. I'd expect them to give me some sort of explanation if anyone were in Cena's shoes.

Maybe he got crushed and is paralyzed.

Him and Vince in the hospital together segments = gold!

I hope some of you guys switched to ESPN and watched Josh Thompson in the Home Run Derby.

Back on point, I really forgot how much a great crowd can enhance the viewing experience. From the Michaels/Jericho brawl( Thompson tearing down Yankee Stadium with HR's notwithstanding :headbang: ) on this has been a great show.

You mean Josh Hamilton ?

I don't see how they can use any other explanation other than he got out of the way. It's not that hard, and I just don't know why people are scratching their heads wondering about this.

I hope some of you guys switched to ESPN and watched Josh Thompson in the Home Run Derby.

Back on point, I really forgot how much a great crowd can enhance the viewing experience. From the Michaels/Jericho brawl( Thompson tearing down Yankee Stadium with HR's notwithstanding :headbang: ) on this has been a great show.

You mean Josh Hamilton ?

The other poster was wrong, at least 98% of your posts are worthless.

I don't see how they can use any other explanation other than he got out of the way. It's not that hard, and I just don't know why people are scratching their heads wondering about this.

If anything, JBL's expression was more of relief that Cena DID move rather then being stunned by his actions.

If anything, JBL's expression was more of relief that Cena DID move rather then being stunned by his actions.

That's exactly what I am thinking. He will say on Sunday that he scared Cena to death by doing what he did, Cena can be vulnerable, and JBL will take him out, etc etc etc. To be pissed about the ending because it didn't look real is being really anal even though it's been done many a time before.

You mean Josh Hamilton ?

The other poster was wrong, at least 98% of your posts are worthless.

GFYM

As close as I could find on such short notice

Lame. They don't even have any drafts going on.

You know, this was a really good show tonight up until they decided to go into Hummer Angle or "Austin gets run over by the limo" territory. The whole point of such angles is that it's kind of a mystery who did it, whereas tonight JBL was obviously the guy and should certainly be arrested (even in fake wrestling terms). What's silly is that the level of hate in this feud doesn't warrant all this, nor would JBL as a character do something this stupid. He might hire it done, but I can't see him literally driving a car into someone in a murder attempt. Why the hell did Cena even bother chasing him after a certain point? It's not like he isn't getting the guy in a violent brawl on PPV in 6 days anyway.

The rest of the show was great. I'm digging the Kofi/Burchill stuff, Jericho/Michaels is also clicking and I wonder if London will be more involved since I think he's also a Michaels student. The Kane/Punk/Batista angle was cool as well. I even liked the main event up until the postmatch nonsense. I'm still wrapping my head around why JBL breaking up the STFU is any sort of DQ when he's well within his rights to do so before the 5 count. You're telling me Cody Rhodes can't job in a 6 man tag to friggin CENA?