TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE Great American Bash 2008

I was at the show live tonight. The arena was packed, not a single empty seat. Crowd really wasn't too hot overall, mostly just subdued. Not sure how it came off on TV, but the crowd seemed to crap on both CM Punk and Batista equally. Batista got big heat when he did the complete heel turn on Punk at the end of the match, but it sounded to me at least like Punk was getting more boos then cheers. The show itself was just all right, not enough clean finishes, but enough matches delivered that I went home happy. I have tickets for RAW later tonight as well, so here's hoping that's enjoyable as well.

I was at the show live tonight. The arena was packed, not a single empty seat. Crowd really wasn't too hot overall, mostly just subdued. Not sure how it came off on TV, but the crowd seemed to crap on both CM Punk and Batista equally. Batista got big heat when he did the complete heel turn on Punk at the end of the match, but it sounded to me at least like Punk was getting more boos then cheers. The show itself was just all right, not enough clean finishes, but enough matches delivered that I went home happy. I have tickets for RAW later tonight as well, so here's hoping that's enjoyable as well.

On TV to me it seemed like the crowd gave both of them mild cheers at the start and remained dead until the match heated up later, and I thought Punk got some cheers for his near-falls...

Pretty solid show from what I saw.

Kind of surprised that Matt jobbed the US Title clean in a match that was trhown into the card with zero build up. Good to see Shelton have a title again.

Jericho Michaels was great and it ended as well as they could have planned. Made no sense for Jericho to want to pin a man he dispises so beating the shit out of him till the ref stopped the fight was a good call.

I wasn't expecting a lot from Punk and Batista, but in the end, I was failry pleased. I thought the idea of punk using his quick kicks and punches to stay ahead of Batista's power was a good idea.

I'm actually happy they will further this storyline with Edge, Vickie, and Alicia. I still want it to be a swerve to get the belt onto Edge, but there's nothing wrong with dragging it out for a month or two. I figure 2 days isn't enough to warrant a huge swerve. In times after the Attitude era, they didn't have to rush this and I am glad they didn't. Although I will be annoyed if it doesn't lead to it being a ruse by La Familia.

Hey, Edge could just justify it with something like "Vickie took the spear like a champ, and that's why I love her" or something like that.

EDIT: One point I'd like to add. The fact that Hawkins and Ryder won the WWE Tag Titles almost assures me that the whole Edge/Vickie thing is a ruse. I ultimately think HHH will lose the WWE Title to Edge, but I believe he will win it back, since he is better as the chaser.

I liked what I've seen of GAB. I was really looking forward to HBK/Jericho, and they didn't disappoint. LOVE the booking of that finish.

The Divas match pissed me off...not because of the action, but Nattie and the red hair. WTF, she was mad cute before! McCool's not that bad a worker, and she seems over enough, so I don't see the problem with having her win.

Punk and Batista had me marking my ass off, especially when Punk dropped him with the big kick. Would've preferred to have Punk go over clean, but a part of me actually likes the thing they've got going with him where he's working to prove he's not a fluke champion. Wouldn't have minded the post-match stuff as much if Punk had shown some ANGER~ (is that still popular around here?) over being denied his chance to prove himself.

Skimmed through the HHH match and just watched the ending, which seemed cool enough.

The Divas match pissed me off...not because of the action, but Nattie and the red hair. WTF, she was mad cute before! McCool's not that bad a worker, and she seems over enough, so I don't see the problem with having her win.

Nattie was told to change her hair color because the office thought she looked too much like Beth Phoenix. She went red to tie her to her father more, but is actually naturally a brunette.

From watching this PPV, Smackdown is a finished show. There is going to be nothing interesting on that show at all now. I mean who wants to see Edge/Vickie have a feud? The crowd won't get behind either one of them, and I also hate the storyline of Taker coming back as a pawn for Vickie, its just so wrong. This Divas title was the most worthless thing created, although I did like that match last night, but it was too short.

Its kind of ironic that everything is flipped upside down. For years, Raw was the show that had nothing interesting, and Smackdown was the show that was entertaining. Now those shows are complete opposites of each other. I blame HHH.

Well, I said in another thread this past week that SD got a bunch of guys from Raw that are largely jobbed out and have no real heat (Kennedy, Carlito, Umaga). Then there's someone like Jeff Hardy who they don't trust enough to push. Ironically enough all of the guys who were on ECW that made the move to other shows now seem to have some success, like Punk, Kofi, and now Shelton.

I think the GAB has been good for 3 years now. The 2006 show had King Booker win the belt, and end Rey's horrible run, the next year's show wasn't that bad even though I remember nothing about it, and I thought this year's show was pretty good. Hell, they even had the Punjabi Prison match on the 2006 show! The 2005 show however was an abomination. If it wasn't for Hassan being buried and released from the company later, that would have been the worst PPV ever.