TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BigPoppaKev

Rey Mysterio, where's he been?

Where has Rey Mysterio been the past 2 weeks or so? He had the interview with Santino and then the match and then nothin? Seems as if they would want to get one of their bigger draws with the kids out there if they are gonna start aiming for the pre-teen age group.

Where has Rey Mysterio been the past 2 weeks or so? He had the interview with Santino and then the match and then nothin? Seems as if they would want to get one of their bigger draws with the kids out there if they are gonna start aiming for the pre-teen age group.

He isn't completely healed and is currently mired in a contract dispute as well.

He isn't completely healed and is currently mired in a contract dispute as well.

I haven't heard anything about a contract dispute, where did you hear this?

I knew about him not being healed, didn't know about the contract dispute.

If I remember what I read correctly, he feels that he is underpaid compared to the other guys and wants more. The sticking point is that normally his contract would be negotiated around now, but due to some stipulations without the contract it's been extended to take into account the time he lost due to injury.

Here's a source on that:

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish...le1001911.shtml

Let's not kid ourselves, someone from the draft that was sent to Raw is going to end up being a bust, and Rey is the textbook example of it. He's from SD, and don't most of the SD guys not named Cena get buried on Raw?

We'll see what he does when he is fully healed. I don't see much for him on Raw though.

It's probably for the best anyway with regards to Rey not being all over tv at the moment. Raw is pretty busy at the moment and he'd likely get lost in the shuffle. When he comes back to tv full time hopefully he'll be in some sort of more important programme than against Santino. I for one would be all for a Rey/Jericho feud once the whole deal with Micheals is over.

Batista was already a Raw guy before being on SD, so he doesn't count as one of those SD guys that joins Raw just to get buried. Punk and Kane both came in from ECW, not SD.

But seriously, doesn't Rey fit the bill of the typical SD guy that is sent to Raw and gets lost in the shuffle? Injury prone, no real steam left as a draw, etc.

Um, Kennedy and Carlito are the only two. But both are personal undoing than general burial. Who else could you be talking about? Edge? Angle? Bastita? Cena? Triple H? JBL? Kane? All started from Smackdown and then came to raw with no real burial of any kind.

King Booker would be best candidate for "moved to Raw and made a jobber", but it seems like he's being used as the rule instead of the exception (as mentioned, Kennedy's issues were his fault - he was in line for a push).

Do you guys think Rey Rey should lose the mask like Kane did on Raw a few years back?? i think it could be a awesome storyline.

It already happened in WCW and he looked girly.

Do you guys think Rey Rey should lose the mask like Kane did on Raw a few years back?? i think it could be a awesome storyline.

It already happened in WCW and he looked girly.

Rey needs to keep his mask on. He looks even more like a child when he is without mask

Once I saw that Rey got drafted to Raw, I knew he would be buried, since he was lucky to even main-event on SD anyway. I too think King Booker was the biggest example of a guy being drafted to Raw and made a jobber. Hell, right as soon as he heard he was being drafted to Raw, he wanted to quit the company because he knew he would be buried on that show. Kennedy was my pick last year to buried on Raw, and it came true, even if it was due to suspensions and injuries, I knew things wouldn't go right for him. The person I think Rey feuds with when he gets back is Noble.

Rey is so far beyond Jamie Noble...why do people automatically assume he'll get buried? That's what I was worried about BEFORE Triple H got sent to SD later that evening. He could feud with Jericho, Orton whenever he returns, even CM Punk in one of those face vs. face respect angle deals.

They still need to pull the trigger on Batista/Rey... I mean they were such great friends on Smackdown, who were obviously being held off for that one big match that draws on a weak secondary PPV.

They still need to pull the trigger on Batista/Rey... I mean they were such great friends on Smackdown, who were obviously being held off for that one big match that draws on a weak secondary PPV.

I was surprised they never went for that while Rey was champ.

I was surprised they never went for that while Rey was champ.

Batista was injured for the majority of the time Rey was champion... Plus if they would've done that, we would've never been able to see KING BOOKAAAHHHHHH as champion!

Thats the best thing about Rey's title run, it led to King Booker as champ, and reviving Booker's career. And I think Rey will get buried on Raw because there is always some guy every year in the draft that ends up being a flop. I mean, I just don't see Rey getting put over anyone major on the Raw roster.

I think Rey's declining health is going to lead to his downfall on Raw more than any poor booking decisions. He really should have been left on Smackdown where he has more of the built in fanbase that would be more accepting of his sporadic appearances and toned down ring style.

I don't disagree that he shoulda stayed on SD, but I just don't see this burial you guys are talking about. I guess we'll see...I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong.

I just can't see Rey doing shit on Raw. He just doesn't fit the show at all. To be honest, I don't even know if he fits Smackdown anymore really. Rey was very annoying the past couple of years on that show, and he kept getting injured and getting pushed when he came back, and then got injured again. I mean, there is only so much patience the fans can take. I was actually glad when Rey got drafted to Raw because he was stale as fuck on Smackdown.

The thing I fear is when Rey is still wrestling a few years from now with an even more grounded style... I can just see the fans totally losing interest in him. Except for the kids because of his look.