5 (4) Journey to the Center of the Earth $9,415,000 / $60,185,000 3 weeks

6 (3) Hancock $8,200,000 / $206,371,000 4 weeks

7 (6) WALL-E $6,349,000 / $195,235,000 5 weeks

8 (5) Hellboy II: The Golden Army $4,934,000 / $65,894,000 3 weeks

9 (7) Space Chimps $4,375,000 / $16,006,000 2 weeks

10 (8) Wanted $2,727,000 / $128,616,000 5 weeks

11 (9) Get Smart $2,300,000 / $124,214,000 6 weeks

12 (10) Kung Fu Panda $1,030,000 / $208,972,000 8 weeks

X files was relatively cheap to make ($30 million) so it'll probably make back its budget. The proposed 3rd movie, based around the aliens in 2012, probably isn;t happening though.

Wow, even less people cared about the new X-Files movie than I thought.

I'm honestly shocked about the lack of interest for the movie (granted, it wasnt any good, but still, given the past following of the series I thought it would do more than this) but it is what it is. Probably more than anything, it shouldnt have been released on an off-time. Plus its been five years since the series ended......that may be the big thing here. And by the time the series ended, I think alot of the loyal fanbase had dwindled down to a small amount of what it used to be. And for those who actually check out the movie, I can't see it getting good word of mouth at all.

But yeah, what a bomb it was......no way there will be anymore X Files films, although I'm holding on hope for a two hour made for TV X-Files to address the 2012 storyline from the end of the series.

Predictions when it will hit 400 million? I'm saying by next Monday. From there, it will probably start treading a bit, compared to currently at least. I still see it probably taking number one this next weekend, though. I have a strong feeling Mummy 3 is going to probably deliver under expectations in the box office numbers.

Step Brothers making $30M is bad news...because it BLEW. It was terrible.

What was so bad about it? It looked like typical Will Ferrell shit to me, which isn't bad per-se, but predictable.

What was so bad about it? It looked like typical Will Ferrell shit to me, which isn't bad per-se, but predictable.

It was just a bunch of one liners like "I'm going to stab you in the neck" or "I'm going to put my nuts on your drum set."

It was bad enough that I walked out and Anchorman is one of my favorite movies of all time. Some could argue that there was never any intelligence to Will Ferrell movies but if there were it's entirely gone now.

It was just a bunch of one liners like "I'm going to stab you in the neck" or "I'm going to put my nuts on your drum set."

It was bad enough that I walked out and Anchorman is one of my favorite movies of all time. Some could argue that there was never any intelligence to Will Ferrell movies but if there were it's entirely gone now.

Yeah, there was never any intelligence really, but at least some of his older films were creative with the funny. I got the vibe from Semi-Pro and Talledaga Nights that it was starting to get old. So I guess this doesn't surprise me to hear this one is shit.

Really? I thought it was hilarious. I laughed throughout the movie. It was a little on the long side, but easily the funniest stupid movie since Walk Hard. What I couldn't believe was that my theater was sold out for it's 7:30 show. I got tickets to the 9:30 and by the looks of it, it was sold out as well. I don't seeing it having legs with Pineapple Express and Tropic Thunder coming out soon, but it was good enough to check out. As for Batman, I can see it making another 45 million or so next weekend. I think Mummy is in line for about 50-60 million next week. The trailer looks good and apparently Brendan Fraiser can still sell tickets if you look at the Journey to the Center of the Earth numbers. While we're at it, my predictions for next weekends box office:

1. Mummy 3- 58 million.

2. The Dark Knight- 45 million.

3. Step Brothers- 14 Million.

4. Swing Vote- 12 Million

X-files my break Meet Dave's recently acquired record for most theater drops next weekend also.

Good to see TDK making so much. It really does earn it in spades. Saw it yesterday and my brain is still trying to process all its awesomeness. Also nice to see Get Smart still in the Top 10.

If they're smart, they'll keep TDK in the main theaters for a while. Who knows, it could beat Titanic's record, but I honestly doubt it.

X-files my break Meet Dave's recently acquired record for most theater drops next weekend also.

Well, in 2 weekends at least. Most of the times films are contracted for the first 2 weekends, so the big theater drops don't happen until week 3.

Step Brothers is the first Will Ferrell movie that I've had absolutely no desire whatsoever to see. From what I'm hearing, it doesn't sound like I'm missing much. Every Ferrell comedy since Anchorman was slightly worse than the last. I haven't outright hated any of them but Semi-Pro was incredibly mediocre.

I was almost 100% certain a week ago that The Mummy 3 would be the movie that knocked The Dark Knight off the top but now I'm not so sure. Brendan Fraser action movies still are a bit of a draw and the trailer looks decent but I haven't heard much buzz about it from friends and acquaintences. I think it'll probably beat The Dark Knight by a couple million but I wouldn't be surprised to see TDK on top again. The movie will have an amazing amount of people coming back for a second or third (or fourth or fifth) time and there are still a few stragglers who haven't seen it yet.

X-Files isn't a surprise. The fanbase has dwindled, the first movie wasn't very good, this one has been getting terrible reviews and looks boring.

At this point I'm not sure people would get excited even about a really good X-Files movie, let alone a terrible one. It's too soon for a nostalgia bump and too late for X-Files fans.

The Mummy will beat out The Dark Knight fairly easy next week I think, unless it turns out to be a mega flop. Unlike X Files though the trailer actually looks pretty interesting. It will probably do about 50 million next week, while if TDK continues on the current pace it would be somewhere around 35-40 million.

X-Files isn't a surprise. The fanbase has dwindled, the first movie wasn't very good, this one has been getting terrible reviews and looks boring.

At this point I'm not sure people would get excited even about a really good X-Files movie, let alone a terrible one. It's too soon for a nostalgia bump and too late for X-Files fans.

The fanbase dwindled because of the probably everything AFTER the first movie. I enjoyed the hell out of Fight the Future and it played well into the mythology stuff regarding the series, including a nice lead-in TO the movie and then a somewhat proper follow-up immediately into the next season, after the movie was released. Soon after, though, (roughly the seventh season) the quality of the shows dropped significantly to say the least, with Mulder only appearing in a handful of episodes season to season.

I also don't think this was too SOON for a nostalgic bump, if anything it was too late, due to the abysmal last few seasons the show had. They should have aimed for a proper film, adapted from the X Files mythologies, probably three or so years ago at the latest, to try to strike the iron hot before it totally went cold.

I think alot of the problem with it, also, is the fact that the film was rushed like crazy to complete in all aspects before the writers strike. The script was rushed together (which was clearly evident given the output of this film), basically after the two main characters said they would do it. Seemed kind of ass backwards, shouldn't Duchovny and Anderson be satisfied with a script BEFORE they agree to doing the film? Plus it took six years from the series finale to get THIS? I mean, wow, obviously Chris Carter really just lost touch with things. And then releasing it right in the middle of summer movie madness......really bad idea. This would have been a great fall or winter movie, release-wise.

Space Chimps got hit over the head with the bomb stick.

Hancock made it's money and it looking to go out of the big money soon. I liked the movie.

Journey to the Center is doing better than I thought it would. I was going to take my sister to see it but tickets were $3 extra, so we saw Wall-E instead

Space Chimps was relatively low budget for a CGI film like Hoodwinked so it should make back its money on DVD. It did get released at an odd time though. It seems like a movie the studio would dump in September or mid January.

Its unfortunate that X-Files bombed but not really unexpected. There was no buzz, the trailers were lame, the plot was non-existent in the promotion, it wasn't presented as an event, thus... nobody cares. Not to mention the behemoth that is Dark Knight, which absolutely deserves its success, what a fucking awesome movie. Seen it twice and am thinking of downloading (sorry i mean, digitally steal) it to watch again.

I saw Step Brothers and Dark Knight for the second time this week.

I thought Step Brothers was hilarious. I laughed the whole way through. Then again I'm a huge John C. Reily mark.

I don't understand you guys. It was awful. I walked out when he was showing his singing talent and John C. Rielly proclaimed it the voice of angel. That was enough for me. I was out of there.