TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slickster

Friday The 13th (2009)

"Friday the 13th Part XI: Jason's REALLY Dead This Time...No, We REALLY Mean It This Time! SRSLY GUYZ!"

followed soon after by "Friday the 13th Part XII: Jason was MOSTLY dead...there's a big difference between mostly dead and dead!"

The irony here being that Freddy vs Jason was easily one of the best entries in the series, if not the best period. Now if that one had never happened and the franchise was restarting after the triple threat of Jason Takes Manhattan, Jason Goes To Hell, and Jason X, then yeah, it would fit.

Yeah, I really enjoyed Freddy Vs. Jason, but it is a little difficult to follow that up, since they didn't know what to do in the sequel, like have Ash from the Evil Dead series, or add someone else like Michael Myers. The end of the movie was a little confusing too, as it showed that Freddy is still alive, but I don't know what the hell he could do at that point, with his head chopped off and all.

I gotta give them credit for one thing-we got to hear Jason's mother. That was a nice touch.

I don't think that was the actual voiceover from the original movie, though.

Either way, it's a nice touch.

The irony here being that Freddy vs Jason was easily one of the best entries in the series, if not the best period. Now if that one had never happened and the franchise was restarting after the triple threat of Jason Takes Manhattan, Jason Goes To Hell, and Jason X, then yeah, it would fit.

Yeah, I really enjoyed Freddy Vs. Jason, but it is a little difficult to follow that up, since they didn't know what to do in the sequel, like have Ash from the Evil Dead series, or add someone else like Michael Myers. The end of the movie was a little confusing too, as it showed that Freddy is still alive, but I don't know what the hell he could do at that point, with his head chopped off and all.

He can just go back to living in Dream Land where he has his whole body.

He can just go back to living in Dream Land where he has his whole body.

Yeah, but a sequel would be pointless if the studio couldn't get the rights to other characters like Ash from Evil Dead, or Michael Myers.

Well that trailer got my interest level in this up alot higher than it was.....still really leery though of it all.

Yeah, the trailer for this looked pretty good. I like how they tell the whole Jason story in this movie, like his drowning, him wearing the sack on his head, and eventually going to the hockey mask.

Well, that trailer looked a little bit better. Although it's full of bullshit at the start (teens in a "their parent's cabin") but it got much better by the end.

Yeah, the first 30 seconds of the new trailer, took away some excitement that I had after viewing the teaser.

It had all the attributes of new-age horror, everyone looks too glossy and perfect, you have random hip radio song blaring etc etc....

However, then it all got better once the girl had a Jason sighting.

It this trailer is an indication of how the actual finished product will be then Rob Zombie needs to watch this and learn that when you remake a horror movie with an iconic villian like Jason(or oooh saaay Michael Myers) we don't need you going and inventing a new background and "emotional element" to the character. The character(s) is popular and has been a fan favorite long before you got your hands on a script. Just give us an update and some cool deaths. It's a slasher film for fucks sake.

Fuck you, Rob Zombie's Halloween was better than the original.

I agree with this statement 100%. I find the original to be very dated. I do enjoy it, but I like the remake more.

The scariest part about the Halloween remake was the part where I thought I'd fallen asleep for an hour and realized I'd been awake the whole time watching a shitty movie.

I want to clarify that this was the Blockbuster special director's cut edition whatever, so if you guys are talking about the theatrical edition I'd be kinda interested in seeing that cut. I think the only way to save the movie I saw would be to cut a good amount from it.

I've found that Zombie's Halloween is very polarizing, and if you don't "get it", nothing will persuade you. Fair enough, but as I think my track record indicates, I don't have bad taste in movies, so just trust that it's a great movie with a cult following.

Again, are you talking about the theatrical cut or the extended cut? And I don't want to come off as short or bitchy, but what's there to get? Granted, its been a year since I saw it, so I can barely recall the movie. I did follow it from script to screen. It was a bad script. I'd argue that if there's anyone out there who doesn't "get" Halloween, it's Rob Zombie. I'll applaud the guy for trying something different (because if there's one thing that hurt the series overall, it was people repeating a formula). Honestly, what it comes down to with me is a hatred for movies that try to cast some sort of sympathy for the villain. Michael Myers is not a character who should elicit one iota of sympathy from anyone in the audience. He's a....killer shark, as Busta Rhymes so eloquently put it.

Should we bump the old Halloween thread or continue derailing this thread?

By the way, the counting to 13 in the Friday trailer was pretty cool.