TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Affliction: Day of Reckoning

It looked like Arlovski was giving Fedor some trouble before sailing into that big right hand. It's a shame, because the fight looked like it could actually be competitive. Yvel took a beating from Barnett, and while I really don't like him, he has some heart to hang in there. Conversely, I'm not sure Barnett doesn't lose some steam by taking so long to finish Yvel off. I guess this leads to Fedor vs. Barnett, but Fedor, or at least his people, seem reluctant to make the right. But it really has to happen, and one would expect Fedor to take the scalp of another former UFC champion.

While I don't think Fedor will just walk all over Barnett, I do think that he has the distinct advantage of being just that much better at everything (stand up, take downs, ground game) than Josh. Even if you call "push" in those three areas, Fedor still has the advantage in ground and pound. Barnett has also had a tendency to blow up in some of his fights, while Fedor usually has a consistently solid gas tank to work with.

For those that missed it live (me) Here it is while the link lasts....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_RD_s6PMVg

Even though Arlovsky lost, you can see where Freddie Roach's training on boxing did help and was actually somewhat effective, early on in keeping Fedor at a distance. It is a shame that Arlovsky acted a fool by jumping in the air towards his opponent.......I am sure Roach was like "umm....WTF"

Okay, okay.

So, Babalu is a member of Team Gracie Barra, as am I. I heard in passing, that Babalu invited a black belt (not naming names and no, not from my school) over to Cali, all expenses paid, to hang out. And when I say all expenses paid, I mean Babalu paid for the airfare, comped front row tickets, the hotel, the after-party at the strip clubs, the works. So while this big after-party is going down, said black belt meets a *hot* girl and they begin flirting around all night. Eventually into the AM, most of the party goes back to the hotel. At the hotel, they continue flirting with the girl going, "Can you show me some moves?" The black belt responds with, "Show me your mount." So they go to a bedroom and she mounts him and they start messing around.

Meanwhile, Babalu is passed out in the hot tub, in typical fashion. After a while, he wakes up and stumbles into the bedroom and the girl SHRIEKS and runs into the bathroom, locking herself in the room. The black belt is all confused until Babalu storms at him, screaming "THAT'S MY FUCKING GIRLFRIEND!"

Everyone at the party starts freaking out, while the black belt is going "I didn't know" over and over. Babalu turns his attention to the bathroom door and starts banging on it, trying to get the girl to open up.

The best part is, the black belt who was messing with the girl goes, "I thought you were married?"

Babalu responds, "I am, but SHE'S MY BITCH!"

I know I'm a little late on this. But I really hope Arlovski rethinks his bid for pro-boxing. Granted, he jumped into that fist, but come on... A pro-boxer has to have more power than that, right?

Yes.

If he needed any more evidence, he simply needs to watch a prime Ray Sefo get demolished by unknown heavyweight Chester "I Ain't No Steppin' Stone" Hughes in less than a minute.

I just can't wait until Anderson Silva gets demolished by someone that doesn't suck as a boxer.

Rich Franklin, Nathan Marquardt, or Patrick Cote doesn't suck as a boxer as far as MMA goes.

Also now that my nigga Professor X is in the UFC, hopefully he can make a run for the title and fight Anderson.

I just can't wait until Anderson Silva gets demolished by someone that doesn't suck as a boxer.

Rich Franklin, Nathan Marquardt, or Patrick Cote doesn't suck as a boxer as far as MMA goes.

I mean in his boxing career. He sucks and has done nothing but pick apart garbage opponents with the slowest jab I've seen in boxing.

I mean in his boxing career. He sucks and has done nothing but pick apart garbage opponents with the slowest jab I've seen in boxing.

Ummm hasn't Anderson only have 1 pro fight as a boxer? Which was years ago?