TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Kennedy injured again

Jim Ross reported that Mr. Kennedy dislocated his shoulder at Monday night's Smackdown/ECW house show in Macon, GA in a match against Shelton Benjamin and will be out a few weeks.

Jim Ross reported that Mr. Kennedy dislocated his shoulder at last night's Smackdown/ECW house show in Macon, GA in a match against Shelton Benjamin and will be out a few weeks.

Jesus! Again?

If it comes down to this, send Kennedy to ECW. Let him get use to it for a year or so, make him their world champ, and if he holds up, bring him back. It's clear that the WWE and WHC's are out of reach for him now, due to injuries.

Well, this sucks. I was looking forward to seeing them continue the Benjamin / Kennedy feud.

Eh, Angle was also acting like a complete madman behind the scenes and had alienated the entire ECW roster from what I recall. Add that to his various injuries and his painkiller addictions and WWE rightfully cut ties with the guy.

I don't know what you do with Kennedy though. At best I would just use him as a US title contender at this point. The ship has sailed for him as a main eventer.

If a guy gets injured this many times, they should just release him. They released Kurt Angle over this, so why not Kennedy?

Rey Mysterio would beg to differ.

If a guy gets injured this many times, they should just release him. They released Kurt Angle over this, so why not Kennedy?

Rey Mysterio would beg to differ.

Rey lucks out with a large fanbase and sells tickets and merch. The same goes for Shawn who is often injured enough every year to the point they have to write him out. Edge also has a rotten history with injuries but clearly they aren't getting rid of him either.

And that shows that just because someone is oft injured doesn't mean they will be released. Also, Kennedy is still young and has a number of years left (well, not at this rate), but someone with a little skills on the mic is someone that WWE seems to intend on keeping around. You can do a "Santino" with him. Have him around and talk, but not wrestle a ton. Once he has shown that he won't get injured you can go on with the push.

Yeah, Rey won't get released because he at least has a fanbase and sells merchandise. But I really don't see many bright things in Kennedy's future. He will most likely just be in midcard hell, and possibly getting injured again.

Please tell me you're kidding.

Please tell me you're kidding.

No, I'm not. Why would WWE spend time and money on a guy that can't stay consistent? Rey has a fanbase, and sells merchandise, so he won't get released, and even though Angle got huge pushes at times, he wasn't a draw really, so they released him. What makes Kennedy so special?

The issue is Kurt was never released solely because of injuries. It was a number of other mitigating factors that lead to his dismissal, none of which affect Kennedy that we know of. He's also younger than Kurt at every point in their career and while injury prone, he likely isn't as chronically beat up as Kurt was even at the latter's healthiest, or not yet. I don't know, it's one thing if it's something to do with bad conditioning, but I can't blame Kennedy too much if it's just a few freak accidents. Take away last year's injury that everyone thought was worse than it ended up being and I think that's two years healthy.

I think you're discounting Kurt's contributions and drawing power, too, but I don't want to get into it. If you're basing part of this on TNA, keep in mind that... well, it's TNA.

I think it's funny how people are treating this so seriously. The guy has stayed injury free since he was mis-diagnosed with a severe injury in May 2007. It's just a dislocated shoulder. I'd be shocked if he missed more than two weeks. Comparing him to Rey Mysterio, a guy who suffered a torn ACL and a torn biceps in less than a year's time, it pretty ridiculous.

His last name is his first name. Why else would Kelly Kelly still be around?

His first name's Ken, if we listen to (ugh) Michael Cole; Shawn Michaels is the only one who's ever referred to him as "Mister Kennedy Kennedy" and I always took it to be as if HBK didn't know his name and just figured that since he always introduced and referred to himself as "Mister Kennedy.....Kennedy", "Kennedy Kennedy" was his full name.

Well, I think WWE would have put up with Angle's other antics, such as backstage politics, and his painkiller addictions, but I think since he was injured all the time in 06, they finally had enough. When I say that Angle isn't much of a draw, I mean both companies, WWE and TNA. The mainsream WWE audience I think could have cared less if he was in the company or not. It was hard for them to get emotionally invested in him, since he never could find the right character to play to get over with. And I remember in 06 when he went to TNA, everyone was thinking it would start another wrestling boom or something, and no one cared, since he never had a connection with mainstream fans.

Got this from 411mania.com-

Mr. Kennedy posted this update on his injury status on his website.

Hi everybody!

I just wanted to give you a little heads up...

As Dennis Spencer speculated, at our recent house show in Georgia, I did indeed dislocate my right shoulder after taking Shelton's finisher. I basically landed with my arm stretched across my body. My body weight, his body weight, and the force that he applied in delivering the maneuver caused my shoulder to pop right out of the socket. I'm going to tell you right now, it was honestly the most painful thing that I have ever endured in my life up to this point. (Aside from watching a Great Khali promo.) I was able to get some relief in the locker room after being held down by two people while a doctor pulled, twisted, and popped it back into place. The pain immediately went from a 10 to 1, and I was so relieved that I actually started laughing.

Over the course of the past few days I have had four different MRI's in four different places...absolutely AWESOME when you're extremely claustrophobic. Yesterday, I visited an orthopedic surgeon in GB who specializes in shoulder surgeries. He did a "Great Swami" routine on me by twisting and feeling around my shoulder, and then attempted to schedule a shoulder surgery that would keep me out of action for 6 months BEFORE even looking at the MRI. I was obviously a bit skeptical and decided to get a second opinion.

Today, I traveled to the Andrews Institute in Pensacola, Florida to see Dr. James Andrews - a renowned orthopedic surgeon. I spent the day undergoing different tests, including an MRI, range of motion, etc. Dr. Andrews offered me great advice and a different approach towards rehabilitation.

Here's the deal: I have a torn labrum, which basically is a muscle in the shoulder joint that holds everything in place. I also have some damage in the rotator cuff muscles, but it's from the accumulative effects of being in the ring for ten years. I'm going to spend the next two weeks in Pensacola doing two-a-day rehab sessions. I will also be working out the other parts of my body that aren't hurt by swimming, sprinting, cycling, leg training, and eating 6 nutritious high protein meals a day. After two weeks, Doc Andrews will assess my progress and determine if I have to have surgery or not. If not, I'll have an additional 2 to 4 weeks before I can return to the ring. If surgery is required, I'll be out for 4-6 months. Obviously, I'm hoping for the first option. Regardless of the severity of my injury, I will be working as hard as I can to return to the ring and continue to do what I love. I have the unbelievable support of my wonderful wife, family, extended family within the WWE, and my loyal fan base. I ask for your continued support! As this situation unravels I will keep you updated!

Oh, Mr. Kennedy!

I loved dude when he came in... and that was a few weeks after he was MR. ANDERSONNNNNNNNNNNN on Velocity. The injury bug just may prove to get him though... it's too bad. I'd be behind him if he were healthy.

He keeps getting hurt, Vince might take away his last name. Although MR INJURY could be one hell of a new name for him. Rolls off the tongue and the merchandise sales would be tremendous.