TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

Many guys released

From PWI:

World Wrestling Entertainment announced that former TNA star Chris Harris, who had made several uneventful appearances on the ECW brand as Braden Walker, has been released by the company.

Heh.

UPDATE:

-Big Daddy V

-Chris Harris

-Domino

-James Curtis

-Nick Patrick

-Nunzio

-Shannon Moore

World Wrestling Entertainment announced that former TNA star Chris Harris, who had made several uneventful appearances on the ECW brand as Braden Walker, has been released by the company.

Heh.

Well, that has to be the most least shocking thing I've ever heard. WWE must have had enough with him after he could barely lift James Curtis for a suplex on this week's episode of ECW.

From PWI:

Heh.

So I guess the TNA Exodus is over then?

The observer write up is better:

"Braden Walker of Fort Wright, Kentucky, who some thought resembled Chris Harris of Fort Wright, Kentucky (same face, hair, voice but altogether different wrestling style and ability) was future endeavored out of the company today. "

The observer write up is better:

"Braden Walker of Fort Wright, Kentucky, who some thought resembled Chris Harris of Fort Wright, Kentucky (same face, hair, voice but altogether different wrestling style and ability) was future endeavored out of the company today. "

That write up is much, much better. So does he grovel back to TNA, and do they take him back? Frankly, I wouldn't miss him if he didn't show up at all on TV. I've always been a bigger Storm fan anyway, and he's doing fine without Harris.

Regarding Chris Harris, I figured he was in line for some weird "disgruntled worker who is sandbagging it and looking uninspired in order to get a push" deal from ECW this week (almost a small extension of his weird character he was playing right before he left TNA), as Harris just looked completely not interested in even being there. I thought that couldn't be unintentional as if it was legit, he would be fired probably the next day. Well, I guess thats what ended up happening.

I doubt TNA would even take him back, he was doing the same half-ass shit with them after the feud with him and Storm was finished, from a workrate standpoint.

If there is any example of a guy not really giving his all when he got to the big time, this is it.

Chris Harris just seemed to miserable. Maybe he needs to walk away from the business or something. He seemed to think he was better and more deserving of a push than he was and thus was always bitter about being misused.

If he still wants to wrestle I guess Mexico or maybe Japan will be options. I don't think he'd be worth the trouble for any indie...

The thing about Harris is, if he was serious, he's still young enough to go to Japan and learn the craft better and maybe get his passion back. I wouldn't mind seeing him back, as he was a big guy who could actually go, but he needs to find his passion again.

Yeah, Harris' brief ECW run was just... baffling to watch. How could a guy who was so good at what he was doing back in 2002/2003 when he and Storm were making TNA's tag division must-watch stuff become that abysmally bad? Good riddance, honestly.

He was so terrible that his release really didn't warrant a thread.

That's what I was thinking. Would someone like Maryse getting released, for example, warrant a thread?

yes

You could say Harris was so terrible that his release did warrant a thread. You guys always have quite a bit to say about released performers anyway, so a new thread fits.

Developmental talent releases do not get a new thread.

This is the least shocking news I've heard all week. The guy was utterly horrible in his 2 ECW matches, looking out of shape and uninspired against Armando the first time and phoned it in so bad against James Curtis that I wondered how he ever got called up from developmental.

What happened to this guy? I always thought Harris would be a TNA worker most likely to make it in WWE with his solid size and ability. Seriously go back and watch his street fight with James Storm or his various AMW tag matches over the years and tell me that's the same guy.

Does this prove Storm was the one that carried AMW and the Storm/Harris feud? I know he was much better a couple of years ago, but I love that he was complaining about getting a push in TNA while Storm seemed fine with where he was going, and which one is still employed.

Agree with the going to Japan point. If he has anything left for this business, that's the place for him to go and hone his skills, get back into shape and maybe make some nice money too.

I don't think Storm was carrying Harris in TNA, at least not wrestling wise. Maybe on the mic he carried that team, but if you watch the best of their matches either as a team or as opponents then you would see that Harris wasn't really being carried.

I'd like to see Storm try to carry Braden Walker though. That would prove interesting.

Yeah, its not a case of Harris being nothing in singles. That Harris isn't the guy who was around a year ago in the Texas Death Match and King of The Mountain. Something happened and Harris just seemed to lose all motivation in a year and is a completely different wrestler. But there was a reason people other than TNA thought he was going to be the breakout star and that he got a main event push in TNA going years back. The Chris Harris who was in TNA for 5 years just isn't the same guy we saw the last year or so. Hell, "Braden Walker" isn't even the same guy we saw at the end of his TNA run when he was starting to look chunky and unmotivated. He just got worse in the time away.

According to him he lost motivation when TNA wasn't pushing him. Getting a WWE contract clearly didn't give him that back. Maybe getting fired will.

Agree with the going to Japan point. If he has anything left for this business, that's the place for him to go and hone his skills, get back into shape and maybe make some nice money too.

Americans don't make nice money in Japan anymore. In fact, I don't even know if Japanese do. Well, I'm sure the top stars do. But it's not like the early 90's at all anymore. Business over there is WAY down.